ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody comes back

Potential, that’s all that matters. Yeah they suck, I mean really suck, but they may be good in a few years. That’s why we are going to lose five or six guys from a 18-13 NIT team
If that happens, it will be the beginning of the end.

The fan base will lose interest and home attendance will drop even more. And rightfully so.

Reactions: crpoore
How would coming back help? I would understand if he’s not a first rounder, but he is. He has the next few years to completely focus on basketball while making money. If he can’t improve enough to stick on a roster after that, how would staying here help?

How would it help coming back? The NBA is a man's game. There are no children making it in that league. Kevin Knox is not mentally or physically ready for that league. The NBA is the real world. You need to prepare yourself for it. Kevin Knox is not ready for that kind of world. College basketball is no pressure compared to the NBA. If he stays another year he can refine his game and become more mentally and physically mature.

Perfect example of why he can come back and be A-OK is Miles Bridges. Part of the reason he came back was to mature more for that reason. And his mom isn't in the situation like the Knox family where money is a big issue. The NBA is a man's game and Kevin Knox would be better served with another year of seasoning in the long run. imo.

Keldon Johnson is an alpha! Love that kids demeanor. Could definitely use one in the post too though.
Yes but his jumper isn't consistent enough for out fans. Luckily he should be surrounded by a few knock down shooters next year so hopefully it works out.

We have no leader on this team, no emotional player to ge them going or to hustle. We can’t get a key rebound when needed cause no one blocks out, I wish he’d use the bench to send a message to them. This team lacks fundamentals more than any I can remember, just absolute dumb TOs that my boys rec team doesn’t even make. My favorite is trying to pass thru the defender, I mean who does that on any level??

Great post !

Yes but his jumper isn't consistent enough for out fans. Luckily he should be surrounded by a few knock down shooters next year so hopefully it works out.

Good point. Some people seem to be forgetting about Baker. Man, our team could really use him now but I think he's going to be a big tool for us next year. With the thinking that we only lose Knox, Diallo, and possibly SGA this year (I believe Hami and Kevin are definitely gone) , I really like the makings of our roster next season. Having 4 capable shooters in the backcourt with Quade, Herro, Baker, and Quickley will really be a difference maker for us next year. With an improved Richards, SKJ, PJ, and Vando to go along with those guys is very exciting if you ask me. I really like the makeup on that team. We've all learned that we never exactly know what we are going to get from player on the collegiate level until they get here and play but I like it on paper. Add in the alpha male personality of KJ and I think it's got the makings of a special group. That's just my 2 cents though. I'm just trying to find some positives in this struggling time for us at the moment.

True but he's a SF...we need an eraser at the rim who can not only help clean up our mistakes but get us out in transition.

Cal cannot swing and miss next year on a big stud...too much of his philosophy is predicated on it.

Not many options left out there now. Montgomery is still an option in the front court but he doesn't exactly fit that mold. Possibly a grad transfer but the chances finding that type of player on the grad circuit is slim to none. My guess is that's it's going on an improved Nick Richards. I'm OK with that too. I think Payne can work some magic with him and I think he'll be a really good player for us next year. He's got plenty of potential and still very raw offensively and defensively for that matter. I'll take a sophomore Richards and roll the dice if you ask me.

Reactions: CatPhight
Not many options left out there now. Montgomery is still an option in the front court but he doesn't exactly fit that mold. Possibly a grad transfer but the chances finding that type of player on the grad circuit is slim to none. My guess is that's it's going on an improved Nick Richards. I'm OK with that too. I think Payne can work some magic with him and I think he'll be a really good player for us next year. He's got plenty of potential and still very raw offensively and defensively for that matter. I'll take a sophomore Richards and roll the dice if you ask me.

Other than Wiseman reclassifying, you're right...I'll also take a sophomore Vando and Washington.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
PJ's problem is not that he is soft or timid. It is that he makes really dumb plays. That foul at half court was (one of several) daggers.
I do think that was a horrible call though . Looked like both guys were moving to me , I would have liked to see a replay.

I really think Richards will be very good next year. As in, he is a lottery pick next year, after avergaing 12-14ppg, 9-11 rpg, and 2-3 bpg.

Hasn't been this much venom for a player supposedly underperforming since.....well, last year with Skal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT