ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels: Kentucky the leader for James Wiseman

"If I were handicapping this, I think Kentucky is leading," said Daniels, who logged a Crystal Ball pick in favor of the Wildcats on Oct. 8, 2017. "That doesn't mean I think they're going to get him but that's the school I think is out in front. Now, will he end up there? There's a ways to go."

What a click bait headline.

"If I were handicapping this, I think Kentucky is leading," said Daniels, who logged a Crystal Ball pick in favor of the Wildcats on Oct. 8, 2017. "That doesn't mean I think they're going to get him but that's the school I think is out in front. Now, will he end up there? There's a ways to go."

Not really. The headline says exactly what Daniels says in the article.

Not really. The headline says exactly what Daniels says in the article.
If I had to guess UK is leading, but he may not end up going to school there. You could literally say the same thing about Memphis and be right. Clicks = Cash

Reactions: ORCAT
Cal's handling this beautifully by getting in with every other great big man in the class, having several for visits, flipping Crystal Ball picks, creating endless buzz, and dropping his mantra into the mix that "Kentucky ain't for everybody.".

Wiseman's like the beautiful woman who has always had guys falling all over her and begging for her attention and so is playing hard to get. What changes that dynamic? Be the guy who has all the other women flirting with him, and make her wonder what she might be letting get away.

I read this article earlier today and found it kind of laughable. He states nothing in it that most people on this board have said, exactly. Nothing new offered in it at all. Basically, says he "believes" UK leads but that doesn't mean he will be going there and that it's between UK and Memphis. Huh? Any of us could have said the exact same thing. Plus, article also says don't county Kansas and Self out yet either although they still feel it's between Memphis and us. Again, they say all the same things I've seen many on here post.

If I had to guess UK is leading, but he may not end up going to school there. You could literally say the same thing about Memphis and be right. Clicks = Cash
If he thinks UK leads, he thinks UK leads. In recruiting, that is news. That’s also what the article says. You don’t have to like the article or even agree with its existence, but nonetheless the title is not “click bait.”

Reactions: shutzhund

Why believe Evan Daniels. I’d rather believe chicken littles on a random message board online.

Reactions: awf
Why believe Evan Daniels. I’d rather believe chicken littles on a random message board online.
Its a non statement though. Hes basically just saying he's sticking with the crystal ball pick he made over a year ago.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, UK leads for vernon carey but don't be shocked if he doesn't pick us....

Reactions: Montana81
If you scroll down to the next article it's much better. Monk pumping up Rupp. Talking about the dean dome he says "They got a lot of nice stuff in here...this...this not like Rupp, though. Rupp better than this." Awesome

Reactions: JC43
Cal's handling this beautifully by getting in with every other great big man in the class, having several for visits, flipping Crystal Ball picks, creating endless buzz, and dropping his mantra into the mix that "Kentucky ain't for everybody.".

Wiseman's like the beautiful woman who has always had guys falling all over her and begging for her attention and so is playing hard to get. What changes that dynamic? Be the guy who has all the other women flirting with him, and make her wonder what she might be letting get away.

I tried to relate to your last analogy. Wish I could say I've been in that spot, fighting off beautiful women with one arm while wooing the "10" with the other.

Can honestly say that I can't relate! :)

If he thinks UK leads, he thinks UK leads. In recruiting, that is news. That’s also what the article says. You don’t have to like the article or even agree with its existence, but nonetheless the title is not “click bait.”

You make some good points in your posts but Daniels named UK the leader quite awhile back so this is nothing new and he does leave himself open to Wiseman making just about any choice out there yet. Plus, don't you have to admit the article offers nothing really new at all and goes along with much of what we have been reading from many posters on this board. You may be correct about it not being a baiting headline but it really is a pretty worthless article, don't you agree?

You make some good points in your posts but Daniels named UK the leader quite awhile back so this is nothing new and he does leave himself open to Wiseman making just about any choice out there yet. Plus, don't you have to admit the article offers nothing really new at all and goes along with much of what we have been reading from many posters on this board. You may be correct about it not being a baiting headline but it really is a pretty worthless article, don't you agree?
To be honest I scrolled through the article only as far as to find Daniels’ quotes and just read them alone. I can’t fully speak on the article, and I do doubt that it’s great.

You’re kind of right that it’s not news in a sense, but I haven’t read Daniels say definitively that Kentucky was the leader and expound upon it since maybe he made his CB pick (even if he didn’t need to). I find it personally interesting, at least. Nonetheless that’s mostly irrelevant because I was only debating RuppsRunts on his clickbait claim, which I thought was a little over the top. RR is a fine poster nonetheless, it’s nothing against him.

Reactions: ORCAT
I could be wrong, but this feels like a string us along scenario where he has no intention of signing with us and tries to keep us from getting anyone else by appearing very interested still. Probably gets info out to these crystal ball pickers as well. Of course all of this would be orchestrated by Penny. Cal seems prepared for that and hopefully has his backup plan just about locked down already. All of this could just be in my imagination.

I could be wrong, but this feels like a string us along scenario where he has no intention of signing with us and tries to keep us from getting anyone else by appearing very interested still. Probably gets info out to these crystal ball pickers as well. Of course all of this would be orchestrated by Penny. Cal seems prepared for that and hopefully has his backup plan just about locked down already. All of this could just be in my imagination.

I know that's happened to us before but Cal has had a great relationship with a Wiseman and his parents as has Joel Justus. I think their parents have more integrity than to diabolically sabatouge Cals recruiting. Holden's Mom may (again I say may) have played along with K and the King of Krispy Kreme but I don't think the relationship was that strong to begin with.

I actually think there's something here.

He's saying we are currently the leader but that Memphis is trying hard to sway him.

That's significant. Because there's very little Memphis can do beyond what they've done. They hired Penny. They're located close to home. That's the sell.

If we lead now, Memphis sure as hell isnt going to pass us by going 18-14 in whatever middle school conference Penny has won the last few years while we're the talk of the college basketball world.

Not firsthand info for sure...but reading between the tea leaves, I see too many Tigeress looking things

For everyone here

Read my original post a few days back on wiseman

I spelled it out before Daniel's even wrote about it. I'm more detailed though

You are welcome

Also that post was made Sunday

Where you can clearly read I talked about Stewart long before anyone else was

Keep that in mind

Keep doubting me :joy:[banana]

Like I said ill have my posts do the talking the rest of you can make up your mind

And if you people are really nice I'll give you the recruits who will reclassify from 20 to 19 :pray::americanflag: and the next big change in recruiting and where coaches will be looking :chairshot:

Reactions: JC43
If you scroll down to the next article it's much better. Monk pumping up Rupp. Talking about the dean dome he says "They got a lot of nice stuff in here...this...this not like Rupp, though. Rupp better than this." Awesome

I thought that was the best part of the article. :)

Keep that in mind

Like I said ill have my posts do the talking the rest of you can make up your mind

And if you people are really nice I'll give you the recruits who will reclassify from 20 to 19 :pray::americanflag: and the next big change in recruiting and where coaches will be looking :chairshot:

“You people”....GTFO
No one wants that grandstanding here.

At this point in Cal's recruitment of Wiseman, if he doesn't commit in the fall, I kinda don't want him. Look at Monk and Herro...both were ridiculed and harassed in their own states, look what it did for them, at least for monk. It made them mentally tough, I think it was the best thing for them. Dose of reality and see who truly has your best interest at heart. Wiseman committing will show that he is absolutely ready for the NBA. He seems soft like Skal in some game tapes. I get it, 3 games in a day 3 days in a row, but wiseman is passive. There is quiet and there is passive...I wish the best for him, but truly want guys who are dawgs, who don't need coaxing to get angry and ball. If we get him great! But Carey, OT, and Stewart all have that meanest and ferocity, yes I said ferocity, killer instinct. Hope he comes, but like the Who said....we wont

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Keep that in mind

Ok, let’s have it all now. Go on the record with who you know we are getting this year. You seem to think you have good sources.

We will need to replace all 4 of our pf/c. We will need to sign 4 bigs. I'm feeling more & more confident that those 4 will be.

Jaden McDaniels - 6'10" - When Cal finally offers. A 6'10 guy with small forward skills
Isaiah Stewart - 6'9" - Like McDaniels a Top-5 recruit
Oscar Tshiebwe - 6'9" - A manchild
James Wiseman - 7'0" - Just relax, Wiseman will be a UK Wildcat

Reactions: westerncat
I think Wiseman will be at UK. Can't really fault him for waiting until next spring to commit as others have pointed out he will be ridiculed by people if he commits early.

Ok, let’s have it all now. Go on the record with who you know we are getting this year. You seem to think you have good sources.

Im on the record that I dont do what you say lmfao

Read what I've posted before

Some of you believe people know a kids decision when they dont even know themselves.... think about it

We will need to replace all 4 of our pf/c. We will need to sign 4 bigs. I'm feeling more & more confident that those 4 will be.

Jaden McDaniels - 6'10" - When Cal finally offers. A 6'10 guy with small forward skills
Isaiah Stewart - 6'9" - Like McDaniels a Top-5 recruit
Oscar Tshiebwe - 6'9" - A manchild
James Wiseman - 7'0" - Just relax, Wiseman will be a UK Wildcat

How confident are you EJ is gone?
Richard's showed enough in the Bahamas that he made that next step.
Pj kinda think already thinking the same
Reid goes without saying

EJ a little unknown. Looks great but is he a surefire first rd?

For everyone here

Read my original post a few days back on wiseman

I spelled it out before Daniel's even wrote about it. I'm more detailed though

You are welcome

lol, now that you’ve admitted to being Coach... it’s weird you’re still trying to give This illusion that you actually have “sources”

I mean... just awkward at this point.

lol, now that you’ve admitted to being Coach... it’s weird you’re still trying to give This illusion that you actually have “sources”

I mean... just awkward at this point.

Some people cannot be embarrassed. No point trying to show them where or why they should be embarrassed. They will not and will never be embarrassed but they should be. Being embarrassed is a lost art that should be rediscovered....Now I'm embarrassed...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT