ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels Changes McDaniels pick to Undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UK posted Monday's tweet without getting McDaniels, it all looks silly now. Landing Juzang and losing out on another head-to-head with Duke over a player (Hurt) doesn't give you the license to act like the Al Capone again of the recruiting world.

Losing McDaniels this late in the game would be an epic travesty if it plays out the way folks are saying.

You went from silly to epic travesty in about forty words.

We need Blackshear way more than McDaniels. Give me Blackshear with EJ back and call it a class. McDaniels has always felt like he's staying home.

With all due respect, I'm not buying stock in the deflection this time.

Cal has historically sucked when it comes to landing elite wing forwards (starting with Darius Rice and Thaddeus Young at Memphis) and without any real substance outside of Knox to point elite wings to, he'll continue to lose wings to Duke.

This is bigger than just fitting in some "we'll just find someone better" narrative. This cuts to the bone on the recruiting field and our future prospects of being able to sell UK to elite wings. Put Whitney and McDaniels in a place to mutually succeed, and the future dividends are huge.

McDaniels is huge. He puts us over the top.

But all of your posts were certain, right? You weren't just confident, you were factual. You get on and tell posters to apologize for not patting you on the back for KNOWING. You and a few others are on here posting about a secret insider recruiting society.

And now "18 year olds get cold feet."
You've got a weird obsession with me lately. And I never laid anything out as "fact" I never even said anything about a commitment or LOI but i'm sure you will say I did.

Anybody who saw that initial Terrence Jones commitment video, and subsequent stories that followed, knows how pressure from teammates, friends and family can influence these decisions.

But the last second "I change my mind" thing is the anomaly, not the norm.

If Jaden truly ended up with cold feet at the finish line, it would stand out as being pretty strange to say the least.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Ok let’s settle all of this nonsense

@CoachX11 what have you heard? We need a true inside talent to let us know what’s up.

I got nothing on him besides what you all got.

If I had to make an "EDUCATED GUESS", I would predict that some agents may have gotten in play. Which happens a lot more on the west coast than the east coast.

Every coach that's somebody (Not me yet) have guys who are in their corner that are agents. It's just finding a tricky connection.

Seattle is home to a lot of money and heavy hitters in the basketball industry. It wouldn't surprise me if that had anything to do with it.

However I don't really know.

I'll say this... it's very tough recruiting anyone thousands of miles away. I've been burned by West Coasts guys at the last minute on my level also.

The fact that the pick isn't for Washington and it's just undecided isn't the worst of news. UK fans shouldn't start panicking.

I will guarantee you that Coach Cal and company hated that the info came out last week about him leaning towards UK. The best thing for them is keeping things quiet and "shocking" people.

Probably led Washington to start bringing in the reinforcements or "deal sweetners".

There are so many variables to a high level cross-country recruit things are always fluid.

I'm not sure he's much better than K. Whitney which you all have coming in. He played in the NorthEast, so I'm a little more intuned to recruits that area of the country.

End of the story is this: There was probably a counterpunch on the Washington side.

A GREAT recruiter always saves something in his bag to close the deal.

^ A figure of speech more so than implying money.

You've got a weird obsession with me lately. And I never laid anything out as "fact" I never even said anything about a commitment or LOI but i'm sure you will say I did.

Not obsessed--I just think if someone is going to be the recruiting king and call Juzang, Call McDaniels--we need to hold them accountable when it comes up they're BS'ing.

You said "I've been ahead of this thing for a while." You clearly established yourself as the board insider. And all the little fishes jumped on the hook. You were trolling other posters for not believing in your info. And now it's a change of heart.

Not obsessed--I just think if someone is going to be the recruiting king and call Juzang, Call McDaniels--we need to hold them accountable when it comes up they're BS'ing.

You said "I've been ahead of this thing for a while." You clearly established yourself as the board insider. And all the little fishes jumped on the hook. You were trolling other posters for not believing in your info. And now it's a change of heart.
The info was real. Sorry I can predict last minute change of hearts by 18 year olds. Wasn't BS and has been backed up by the HOB guys. Things happen in recruiting. Also I never called myself the "recruiting king"

Reactions: Fox2monk
You and morgousky

“JM had Kentucky picked back in February, we called it “

Please stop lying. You two went on record gloating about knowing and being the only ones who did cause of your contact. Those are facts. Anyone who wants a test just read all the countless juzang threads after he picked Kentucky. Don’t even start it was the most annoying day On here. Giving credit to you for picked juzang to Kentucky when the whole world already knew before you posted it. Not only that you were on here with stupid memes like you won the WWII. You are a liar and at least the causal rupp rafter visitor will read anything you post with skepticism. Now be a good fake insider and leave. It’s pathetic now watching you dance around this embarrassment
A) nobody said that
B) Up to six nice.
C) You're the first person i knowingly have had to put on ignore double digit times.

The info was real. Sorry I can predict last minute change of hearts by 18 year olds. Wasn't BS and has been backed up by the HOB guys. Things happen in recruiting. Also I never called myself the "recruiting king"

And all that's sincerely fine if you say "I believe he's UK's."

When you say you've been ahead of it for a while, and you've known, and blah blah blah. You obviously weren't ahead of it.

You and morgousky

“JM had Kentucky picked back in February, we called it “

Please stop lying. You two went on record gloating about knowing and being the only ones who did cause of your contact. Those are facts. Anyone who wants a test just read all the countless juzang threads after he picked Kentucky. Don’t even start it was the most annoying day On here. Giving credit to you for picked juzang to Kentucky when the whole world already knew before you posted it. Not only that you were on here with stupid memes like you won the WWII. You are a liar and at least the causal rupp rafter visitor will read anything you post with skepticism. Now be a good fake insider and leave. It’s pathetic now watching you dance around this embarrassment
WTF is your deal? What are you trying to prove? Just go away.

Hey morgousky. Go away. Not being fooled with accounts defending your fraud ruppsrunt profile. Not that many people in the world like you. For someone who’s obsessed with looking like an insider on this board we all know you have 50 profiles. They erased my thread calling you out on all your stupid Lies

Repost coming soon
tenor.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
With all due respect, I'm not buying stock in the deflection this time.

Cal has historically sucked when it comes to landing elite wing forwards (starting with Darius Rice and Thaddeus Young at Memphis) and without any real substance outside of Knox to point elite wings to, he'll continue to lose wings to Duke.

This is bigger than just fitting in some "we'll just find someone better" narrative. This cuts to the bone on the recruiting field and our future prospects of being able to sell UK to elite wings. Put Whitney and McDaniels in a place to mutually succeed, and the future dividends are huge.

McDaniels is huge. He puts us over the top.

MKG qualify as an elite wing?

Reactions: chroix and MWes11
If these 18 year old guys ever got on the board they would probably crack up at all the arguing and posturing that is done on here. lol I hope we get him, but even if we dont get Blackshear, McCdaniels or Hampton we will be just fine.. as long as EJ comes back..

Reactions: STL_Cat
It’s only drama if you let it be drama. Do like I do, don’t invest yourself in this stuff. When he commits here or elsewhere that’s where he’s going. Why let the stuff in between affect you emotionally? Just get excited when guys commit. Before that it’s whatever for me.
I know we can't read emotions or tone through a keyboard, but it hardly affects my emotions. I love the cats and am a crazy UK fan don't get me wrong, but I'm just on here when I'm bored so why not discuss. You read my message and see emotions and stress LOL, but I am writing it and more like:
big-lebowski-drink-swirl.gif

Wasn’t real ever. Please for the love of Christ shut up please.

MKG qualify as an elite wing?

In his time, yes. But he's also the opposite of how many of these kids want to play. MKG was a bulldog with high motor and zero perimeter game. Most of the elite wings now want to tap dance to the rim and showcase their perimeter finesse games. That is to say, MKG's not really going to be used by Cal and if you listen to what the wings say about UK, Cal is referencing Knox, not MKG.

Brooks agreed to come here to play in the post?

Totally worth the money. [winking]

He can most definitely play the stretch 4 role. The dude is measuring 6’9. It is not ideal for him but he most definitely can.

Painful thread to read, didn't see it while I was on timeout. So much for posters here having "inside info." Laughable, and as a guy said today, not even the recruit knows exactly whats he'll do til' he announces it.

Painful thread to read, didn't see it while I was on timeout. So much for posters here having "inside info." Laughable, and as a guy said today, not even the recruit knows exactly whats he'll do til' he announces it.
What kind of a bitter turd revives a thread like this on the day a TopTen recruit commits to Kentucky?

What kind of a bitter turd revives a thread like this on the day a TopTen recruit commits to Kentucky?

I've been out of pocket for three months, like I just said. (Banned). Having a cold beer and reading old threads. Sorry, I will send you a puppy and a set of crayons.

You read old threads that you missed while you were banned? Might want to step away from the keyboard

Reactions: drcats2013
You read old threads that you missed while you were banned? Might want to step away from the keyboard

I scanned them. We all know you need to step away from the computer. You even said you would, but couldn't do it as you're apparently addicted.

I've been out of pocket for three months, like I just said. (Banned). Having a cold beer and reading old threads. Sorry, I will send you a puppy and a set of crayons.
Don’t send me anything. Send yourself to a doctor to examine why you are such a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT