ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's reseeding of the Sweet 16 - LOL

Never understood "style points" this time of year. Duke looked great in Round 1, how'd the next game go? You play to win the game, and we've won more in a row then any team in the country.

Well, based on our first two performances I can't say I totally disagree with what they are saying about us. Monk must get his offensive groove back and even Fox said after the game yesterday that we aren't playing like we should be. No excuses from me, just being kinda honest in evaluating our first two games. Hopefully, we turn that around and play our best game against UCLA, we'll need to.

I guess they are doing it based on performance. We haven't looked pretty out there.

Our performance has been great...Not sure why you think otherwise. We have nation's longest winning streak. Kind of hard for me to view that as anything but excellent performance. And one negative was that we were in terrible conference, except 3 teams have made it to sweet sixteen.

Reactions: Gary4UK
Not sure how you can just totally throw out the other 30+ games when rating teams left in the tournament but okay...

Also if you're going solely based on performance in the tournament, South Carolina is top 5 easily

Well, based on our first two performances I can't say I totally disagree with what they are saying about us. Monk must get his offensive groove back and even Fox said after the game yesterday that we aren't playing like we should be. No excuses from me, just being kinda honest in evaluating our first two games. Hopefully, we turn that around and play our best game against UCLA, we'll need to.
Seriously, it's like you read my mind and then post exactly what I'm thinking. Weird! :smiley:

Reactions: ORCAT
If based on performance how can you argue?
You play to win the games. Also these dudes at ESPN cant have it both ways. First WSU was a top 10 team and would beat UK now only beating them by 3 is an excuse to knock UK ? LMAO. UK is the hottest team easily left . But since we now play great D and don't run and gun thus our outcomes are more "ugly" people think we aren't very good. But in the end just win baby and the continued disrespect is amazing as it will make the wins this week all that more sweet. What is going to suck is when we go to the final 4 people will start jumping on the bandwagon and by then it will be too late we don't want ya!

Seriously, it's like you read my mind and then post exactly what I'm thinking. Weird! :smiley:

That's a scary thought, lol. But, I'm just trying to be honest and I know what I said probably won't be popular with some since I'm not all mad at what that article said about UK. But, we do need to play better and some other teams have looked pretty good so far. This ranking is only based on the tourney not a 13 game winning streak or the entire regular season like some above said.

Reactions: bigbluelou
Whatever - what they see as poor performance, I see as our teaming fine tuning their grind. What till Monk get's going with an improved defense and hustle.

If performance in the tournament were indeed the primary metric in that analysis, then Florida would have to be in the top 3.

Reactions: Wvvrn
for for real we were the only team to get re-seeded lower. the butt hurt is out of control.

Its a challenge to win world wide internet dumb ass of the day with all the competition out there , but leave it to a ESPN DOUCHEBAG to easily run away with the Espy :(

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
A week ago: WSU is underseesed and going to burn UK. Much better than a 10 seed.

Now: UK really struggled vs a 10 seed.

UK is never going to get any favors from the asshats at ESPN. This appears to be the emergency "script", hastily assembled to replace the old ACC script that was decimated yesterday.

Let's not forget that the mighty Florida gators..just over a week ago..were getting sent home from the SEC Tourney, and that Frank Martin's USCjr squad was imploding over the course of a barrage of mulltiple loss games to mediocre SEC teams.

Allow me to suggest a different parallel universe that more closely resembles the one we actually live in: The ACC is vastly overrated, and teams like Florida State, Virginia, Louisville, Nortre Dame, Miami...and of course the Blue Devils..just weren't what they were presented to be. When these teams played each other, it was easy to say that there was parity among a bunch of great teams in the ACC...when they get outside the ACC, all looked pretty average-at best. In this light, then it's quite possible that the teams that beat up on this motley crew, aren't quite as phenomonal as they appear to be today, no disrespect intended.

Okay I lied. Wisconsin played the toughest 2nd round opponent of anyone that's still playing in Villanova. Wichita was the next toughest.

I was really surprised Duke was not still in.

I take these kind of things with a grain of salt, but did this guy not see Xavier beat Maryland by 12 and FSU by 25?

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Okay, here's more:

"After the NCAA tournament selection committee announced the 68 teams admitted to the field, Mark Hollis -- the committee chairman and Michigan State's athletic director -- said the committee had pegged Duke as a 4-seed entering the week of its ACC tournament championship run. Hollis is respected in all circles. But ... huh? Duke had to beat Louisville, North Carolina (for the second time) and Notre Dame to rise to a 2-seed, but few doubted the Blue Devils as one of the top-five teams in America entering the NCAA tournament."

Apparently, Myron is taking on Jay (MIA) Bilas' mantle today.

Myron, he said, "going into the ACC tournament." We all know about Duke's "glorious" 4-game run through the vaunted ACC, and how it justifiably elevated them to a 2-seed. But c'mon, quit pretending like it was unjustifiable to view that team as roughly a top 13-15 team heading into the ACC tourney. They had lost 3 of their last 4 games.

And to bring this up after being slaughtered by SC. It doesn't diminish your positive comments about SC (not quoted) at all to accept that Duke was not a surefire top 10 team heading to the ACC tourney. Get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT