ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN

What’s the deal with Creighton being a top contender for a title? I don’t see it. Read it see who the field of 8 are
If Creighton gets hot, I believe they are. Last thing I’d want is to play them when they’re dropping their treys with a big dose of Cock-Brenner. An actual skilled big man.

I don't consider Creighton a contender. At some point in 6 games they'll get cold from the 3 and that'll send them home.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Houston, UConn, Purdue, UT, Zona, Creighton, Duke, Kentucky for those who don’t have ESPN+. The last 7 champions have come from his list of 8 pre-tourney (not sure how impressive that is tbh as I think a lot of people would accurately pick the champion if they could pick 8 teams)

If I had to pick 3 teams give me UConn, UT, and UK (I know I’m gonna get some pushback on UT with their tendency to choke).

Love Houston but foresee a game where they can’t score and their opponent gets hot even with their great D

What’s the deal with Creighton being a top contender for a title? I don’t see it. Read it see who the field of 8 are
They are very solid. I dunno about a title but I could easily see an Elite 8/Final 4 run with the right breaks.

ESPN+ paywall. You’ll have to just tell us.

Lemme guess, Puke is in their list of 8…
There’s no paywall

My bad man. I live out of the country and there’s no pay wall but when I turn on my vpn there is.

Here’s an excerpt

“Assuming our math is correct, we're down to a mere eight teams that have not been mentioned. If you're a fan of Arizona, UConn, Creighton, Duke, Houston, Kentucky, Purdueor Tennessee, congratulations! Your team made the grade.”

I’ve watched creighton a good amount this year, their big 3 of Alexander, kalkbrennar,
& schierman are all great. But the issue is the the little pg they have is very inconsistent and he is cooked defensively

Reactions: NociHTTP
Houston, UConn, Purdue, UT, Zona, Creighton, Duke, UK

Yeah, you look at that list and I have to mark off 4 of those teams right off. Creighton is not gonna win it. Yes, they can shoot the 3 but teams will defend that well. I mark off Tennessee based on their history of choking. Duke is only on that list based on their name. Arizona has too many bad losses. The chances they'll win 6 straight without a clunker are slim.

I put 4 on that list: UConn, Purdue, Houston, Kentucky

I wouldn't have put Kentucky on that list until this week, to be honest. The defense still concerns me, but the will to win of this team is very strong. They've shown they can get stops if they must. The win at Tennessee sealed it.

There’s no paywall

My bad man. I live out of the country and there’s no pay wall but when I turn on my vpn there is.

Here’s an excerpt

“Assuming our math is correct, we're down to a mere eight teams that have not been mentioned. If you're a fan of Arizona, UConn, Creighton, Duke, Houston, Kentucky, Purdueor Tennessee, congratulations! Your team made the grade.”
I had to log into my ESPN+ account to get the money shot.

I have 4 future bets on the tournament: UConn, Houston, UNC, and us. If we win it'll be most profitable as I bought us at our lowest point weeks ago.

If I had to pick 3 teams give me UConn, UT, and UK (I know I’m gonna get some pushback on UT with their tendency to choke).

Love Houston but foresee a game where they can’t score and their opponent gets hot even with their great D
Knect had 40 and they got beat. They will run into officials who won’t allow their Rock fight defense. If knect has to go to the bench with fouls they are done. We beat them but I thought Cal should have spread the floor and aggressively went after him one on one. He was the only starter NOT in foul trouble. Someone will isolate him and get 2 early fouls. Without him they lose by 20.

Houston, UConn, Purdue, UT, Zona, Creighton, Duke, UK

Yeah, you look at that list and I have to mark off 4 of those teams right off. Creighton is not gonna win it. Yes, they can shoot the 3 but teams will defend that well. I mark off Tennessee based on their history of choking. Duke is only on that list based on their name. Arizona has too many bad losses. The chances they'll win 6 straight without a clunker are slim.

I put 4 on that list: UConn, Purdue, Houston, Kentucky

I wouldn't have put Kentucky on that list until this week, to be honest. The defense still concerns me, but the will to win of this team is very strong. They've shown they can get stops if they must. The win at Tennessee sealed it.
Purdue also chokes and Houston relies a lot on rebounding to score. A little luck goes a long way, though.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Duke & Purdue can be removed from the list as I see both flaming out before the Sweet 16\Elite 8 IMO.

UNC, UCONN, ZONA, Houston and Kentucky all have a legitimate shot.

Creighton is good. They're peaking at the right time like the Cats. They also have a legit 7' dude in the paint.

Why wouldn't they be listed?

Have you watched them play more than once? (genuine question)

I believe many are asking the same about UK when they see the losses on the resume .... and the inconsistent play. Don't forget, Arkansas was up 9 in the 2H before Dilly flipped a switch.

Reactions: gharding07
Honestly, I think UNC is ass cheeks also. Just don’t pass my eyeball test for some reason. Might just be me but seems as though the quality of college basketball has gone down from years’ past. Still fun as ever to watch though.

Reactions: plumdog69
I'm not buying this 'Purdue is out because they choke' stuff. It's hard to win a six game tournament. Sure, they've taken some bad beats, but so have blue bloods. We remember what happened after Virginia took a couple bad beats. This Purdue team isn't the same team as last year. And quite frankly, they are much better equipped to handle Edey having a bad night or foul trouble. I don't love Purdue, but I certainly don’t dismiss them.

Espn+ is worst app I ever used thru the TV. It just won't run. I got UFC 299 and had to go to lap top as it constsntly buffers. Same with gsmes . I got Comcast blast so it's not the internet connect.

A company so big with an app people want for the TV and it's trash.

I'm no expert, but I don't want anything to do with Creighton. I'd rather have them as our 2-seed than a rematch with Carolina... but Creighton is solid and very well coached. I get feelings of our game against Gonzaga. I think we're a better team now for sure, but Creighton will be a tough out in my lowly opinion.

Reactions: gharding07
Creighton is good. They're peaking at the right time like the Cats. They also have a legit 7' dude in the paint.

Why wouldn't they be listed?

Have you watched them play more than once? (genuine question)

I believe many are asking the same about UK when they see the losses on the resume .... and the inconsistent play. Don't forget, Arkansas was up 9 in the 2H before Dilly flipped a switch.
Agreed, they are a pretty solid team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT