ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's reseeding of the Sweet 16 - LOL

A lazy man's weak attempt to keep a paycheck at ESPN one more day. Kentucky grinds out two wins in unspectacular fashion: Drop them to 10th of 16. North Carolina collapses up 18, then needs zebra help to survive? Put them at 2nd. No brain wattage wasted on this effort.

I'm seriously starting to question whether there is an intelligent college basketball analyst anywhere at ESPN. They have their collective heads stuck so far up dUKe's ass that they just go off on some idiotic tangent whenever they get knocked out of the tournament. I don't want them to always sing the praises of Kentucky, we do have question marks and some glaring holes, but 10th come on.

I take these kind of things with a grain of salt, but did this guy not see Xavier beat Maryland by 12 and FSU by 25?
Yep, Xavier would have the biggest gripe of any team on this list. Them and Florida had the most impressive performances. They didn't exactly play outstanding teams but they demolished their opponents.

For some reason very few national pundits are giving UK a shot. Maybe because we've had so many close games? I don't know, to my eyes this group of Cats is much tougher than most people realize.

For 11 years on this forum I've had to read UK fans mock other UK fans that claim ESPN intentionally troll UK & the BBN.
It's like abused woman syndrome...they want ESPN to love us and UK and make excuses for them.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy
Yep, Xavier would have the biggest gripe of any team on this list. Them and Florida had the most impressive performances. They didn't exactly play outstanding teams but they demolished their opponents.

For some reason very few national pundits are giving UK a shot. Maybe because we've had so many close games? I don't know, to my eyes this group of Cats is much tougher than most people realize.
I think a lot of it is that when i watch, it's just no pretty.....but the fact is, it works and they win. I agree, I'm not sure why no one has jumped on the UK train. I guess a 9 and 3 point win will do that to you.

Just the acc network, er, the espn being butt hurt that they are irrelevant in regards to this tournament. GO CATS!!

Reactions: EliteBlue
Well, to be fair.
UK had to make room Duke and UL to move up...maybe, you forgot they lost...and of course Villanova is still the #1 team.
So, we have dropped from #5 in the country to #10 after winning two games.

Sounds about right.

Our performance has been great...Not sure why you think otherwise. We have nation's longest winning streak. Kind of hard for me to view that as anything but excellent performance. And one negative was that we were in terrible conference, except 3 teams have made it to sweet sixteen.
Agree! If you want to seed someone right, you would give the team we played yesterday a #1 seed... most fans here want realize that, because all they see is a ball going through the hoop... Half the time I think that half of the fans on this board are women... Sorry to all the knowledgeable ladies on this board....

Ok, I'm off work now so I can type a smidge more.

1. UNC is ranked as one of the best teams despite doing all they could to give that game to Arkansas, a team that UK has now beaten multiple times. Yet the cats are falling.

2. Nova flies up the board for beating Nova. Had WSU beaten UK, they would have flown up. We could have easily been Nova and lost, but we staved off the upset, and we get punished.

3. They say if Monk can't hit shots we lose, and while that was 100% the case before, this team is very different now. The defense is elite. Fox is a lightning rod. Bam is a force.

It's funny, a lot of people were picking WSU because the KenPom said they were underrated. The KenPom presentl likes us a lot.

It came from ESPN so what do you expect? Ignoring these ESPN shows and articles really is the best thing. Just like the mute button for games.

Right. This is another product of too much media. Poorly developed. Not well thought out.

Gotta make things to fill space. The natives are restless.

Haven't read it, but you may be more right than you know.

At the UCLA game, I sat in the front row of the upper deck, directly behind Medcalf (he was in the press row that's bolted onto the front of the upper deck). This gave me a clear view of him working on his article for the game.

He basically started with a few bullets about Lonzo Ball in the first half and then proceeded to spend the rest of the second half fleshing that out into a story about UCLA's victory and Ball's performance. The article was essentially done a few minutes before the game even ended.

That's why they're able to post some of these articles so quickly after a game ends. It also explains a lot about why they seem to be so "off" a lot of the time. Was actually kind of an interesting thing to see (a bit frustrating too).

When UK made things interesting right at the end, part of me wanted us to pull off a comeback just to blow up his article and force a re-write.

Last edited:
Right. This is another product of too much media. Poorly developed. Not well thought out.

Gotta make things to fill space. The natives are restless.

439be964c44575d3e760ccb230874da0.jpg

This is why I throw out metrics. Wichita State was not a great team this year and we should've beat them by more. Kenpom #5 no way. Maybe #25

Throw out metrics all you want, but 5 of the 6 teams left are top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Might not be a fluke.

Maybe instead of throwing them out, use them as a point of reference?

Reactions: WildMoon and Mike-D
His reseed list would have been equally accurate if done in reverse. Change #15 to #1, #14 to #2, #13 to #3, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT