ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN loves digging at us

Anybody with half a basketball brain knows that was a great win last night. Just because you call yourself the world wide leader in something doesn’t make it true.
Especially after they beat us at Rupp last year on a controversial call.

Don’t like “slips past” but a hard headline to write. Couldn’t use “holds on” as that wasn’t quite apt either.

“Upsets” not very apt either as just a 2 point dog.

How about “Kentucky takes stranglehold on the SEC with a road win at LSU”. Probably too long.

All in all probably a good headline for something short with a bit of alliteration. No dig at Cats imo.

Headline reads “Kentucky slips past slumping LSU”. How hard is it to put “Kentucky gets big road win over LSU”?

LSU is slumping but game should never have been close at the end to allow the headline to say UK slipped past.

We're ranked 10th and leading the conference. Immediately after the game one of the ESPN studio guys called us 'sneaky good'.

Up by 15..step on their throat and smother them...the headlines will change......:uzi:

a4358847.jpg

Reactions: hotelblue
ESPN's season is rapidly coming to an end . Once the conference tournaments end I don't tune in until football season . They are bench players when the most popular and most exciting basketball of the year is being played .

We were an underdog in the game...we were in control of the second half. I hate espn

ehhh.... i generally dont pay much attention to this..

..but how about that right before tipoff lead in to the game

"kentucky still reeling from a home loss to lowly evansville while lsu lost to vanderbilt who hasnt won in 2 yeas. lsu and kentucky try to overcome disappointment when we return!"

not exact quote, but it was a prefilmed advertisement... not a live comment by the color crew. what a crock of shit that was.

Reactions: hotelblue and Ugoff
Duke wins at 11-13 Wake Forest, headline reads..."Duke shows heart and toughness in gritty road win over determined Deacons."

Especially after they beat us at Rupp last year on a controversial call.

During last night's telecast, they showed this controversial play numerous times. And the view from above the rim clearly confirms the basket should have been disallowed. I always mute ESPN commentators. But I'm curious if they concluded that that win was stolen from us by the stripes. Did they offer any comments about it?

During last night's telecast, they showed this controversial play numerous times. And the view from above the rim clearly confirms the basket should have been disallowed. I always mute ESPN commentators. But I'm curious if they concluded that that win was stolen from us by the stripes. Did they offer any comments about it?

Bilas did say that should have been goaltending. Probably because there was no way he could challenge it being something else or he probably would have.

I kept listening for something to that effect but nothing was said. Of course, if it were Duke they'd still be talking about it.

A BIG F You to ESPN! I don’t even watch those ass-clowns or read their garbage.

Duke loses to NC State by 22. Headline reads “State stays hot from 3 for upset of Duke”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT