ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN loves digging at us

Doesn’t surprise me. Here’s ESPN: Duke has incredible comeback against surging and best ever 10-18 UNC team on the road!
I posted about this that night. Something like 8 of the first 13 headlines were about Duke, UNCheat, or the mighty ACC. Such BS.

Reactions: catben
I get close game notifications on my phone from them when we are up double digits every game. Either they know we will blow most of the lead or they are just being negative. I don't recall getting close game warnings all the time from any other top team when up double digits. Here's an example I saved from a handful of games back.

vw7dJTn.jpg

We're ranked 10th and leading the conference. Immediately after the game one of the ESPN studio guys called us 'sneaky good'.
Oh and we are Kentucky too...
Just give us the 1 seed in the Midwest and all will be forgiven...

Reactions: Ugoff
To be fair, a good portion of our Board has bad mouthed this team every day for 3 1/2 months.
But E-spin headline writers love stirring our pot.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
All it’s gonna take is one win for unc* and it’s, “tar heels inch closer back to the bubble.”

Headline reads “Kentucky slips past slumping LSU”. How hard is it to put “Kentucky gets big road win over LSU”?
And therein lies a media (propaganda) machine that is generally biased and dishonors its own profession. Or put another way, a "profession manned by unprofessionals." Bad in sports and politics...

There is also no reason for us STILL, for the 28th year, to keep seeing Christian Laettner in celebration as part of CBS's college basketball introduction. There have been plenty of other highlights to use in 28 years, but a conscious programming choice has been made and will evidently not change. BTW, for you young folks, per today's rules, he would have been ejected, and should have been ejected in 1992 for purposely stomping on a prone Aminu Timberlake. The only reason is a dig, by east coast media, at mighty Kentucky. This too is media driven...CBS could choose another highlight.

How to get internet clicks for college basketball 101:

Write something bad about Kentucky

Reactions: TM2013
Anybody with half a basketball brain knows that was a great win last night. Just because you call yourself the world wide leader in something doesn’t make it true.

"Slips Past" implies we had to make some big comeback to "slip past" them in the end. Nevermind we had a 15 point lead at one point in the second half when we were raining down 3's and just let them "slip" back into it, mainly once Hagans went out.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
That dude deserves a medal [roll]
To be fair, a good portion of our Board has bad mouthed this team every day for 3 1/2 months.
But E-spin headline writers love stirring our pot.
Ehh it’s kinda like that annoying family member. WE can talk about them because we’re family. But we defend them to the death when someone else talks bad about em.

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT