ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN does it again

It'l get UGLY around here if the game runs over and ESPN sticks with Cornhole on ESPNews. [laughing]

NO FOULS!!!!

UT with a big lead, just run it out!!!

I get so sick of the games before ours running over or going into OT!!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Why does games running over always cause a stir here? UK and any of the big name teams are always on either ESPNEWS or the tip is backed up till the other game ends. I've yet to miss a second of a UK game due to the earlier game running late.
Yeah I don't get it. Games are scheduled two hours apart on every network. And yet people act like it's ESPN doing something on purpose to cause UK fans to miss the beginning of their games.

Halftimes are now nearly 30 mins long for ads. TV timeouts right after some replay stoppage also sucks the clock. They need to change the rule on TV TOs if they are too close to another TO.
Halftimes are 15 minutes

This game has enough spread that it should not happen this time
Unless Texas starts making a hard come back

Technically but when are they ever 15 minutes? How about during our game, you time halftime and see how long it really is.
I know that but dude said halftime was nearly 30 minutes long. That was a stretch.

Why does games running over always cause a stir here? UK and any of the big name teams are always on either ESPNEWS or the tip is backed up till the other game ends. I've yet to miss a second of a UK game due to the earlier game running late.

Don't understand it either. It's 2023 for God's sake.

I'm sure there are fans at the game or ones who aren't able to watch it live and they set the game to record. Of course they miss out on who knows how much when they try to watch/rewatch the game. I guess you have to record multiple stations at the same time if you want to watch it all.

That's if ESPNews is on their cable/satellite/streaming service (not sure if it is standard on them all). Just adding 15 minutes between games solves most of this. If the game is over early, then they can just show some highlights or interviews until the next game starts. They can even make more money in advertising.

It’s isn’t a hard fix if they do 2 hour 15 minute blocks and plan for post game commentary for the games that end early…they already have those guys sitting and ready to talk anyways. CFB the networks schedules better bc it’s harder to predict runtime so they are more conservative…that’s why you typically have the post game and pregame commentary between games bc it could be 3 hours or 4 hours

If you’re at home with all your channels it isn’t a huge deal most the time….watching at non Kentucky sports bars where you can’t instantly change the channel on demand is where it’s been an issue for me… typically just have to wait for it to come on…and it never seems to be an issue with CBS but I can count on it for espn games if I’m out

Tip 8:10... has anyone seen John Higgins today? Hope he isn't officiating our game.

I don't think Higgins has reffed a UK game since '17.

Edit- he hasn't and I doubt he ever will

Reffed some of the most epic losses in UKMBB modern history.

'05 MSU
'11 UConn
'15 Wisconsin
'17 UNC

What a piece of work that guy is

Moved the game back to 8:14. Might just make the start. There's that 15 minutes we were talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT