ADVERTISEMENT

Empty seats sending UK a message?

I think its fixable. Again, it doesn't have to be a gauntlet. Bring in teams that people want to see, get a better mix of players that stick around and become fan favorites,

Or just win and people won't give a rats ass about the other stuff.

Reactions: NoDef
So I just got an email from UK offering 5 game mini packs (something I've been a big proponent of) for 2 SEC weekend games, 3 SEC weekday games and the Central Michigan game for $280.

I clicked the link in the email to ticketmaster and there are 18,065 people ahead of me...dead serious. Makes no sense. Bots?

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

These are good games, two different packages...one has Alabama and the other has UT and Florida + Tubby game.

You are now in line​

Due to demand, you may experience an extended wait time. Once you reach the front, you may begin to shop.
PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU

That sounds like the nightmare I had when trying to get BBM tickets this season. Took forever to get in and when I did it wouldn't let me purchase tickets. Said I needed to use another device.

So I used my phone which again had to wait in line.........then got in and still couldn't order them. Finally they sold out.

Ticketmaster has been absolutely ridiculous lately with this crap.

Luckily I was able to go on vivid seats and get 1 for like 5 bucks lol.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
That sounds like the nightmare I had when trying to get BBM tickets this season. Took forever to get in and when I did it wouldn't let me purchase tickets. Said I needed to use another device.

So I used my phone which again had to wait in line.........then got in and still couldn't order them. Finally they sold out.

Seems odd regardless. If so many people don't want to go why are the 18k people I'm front of me. I guess it is bots.

You are a stupid man or woman.
Angry posting when you can't handle a discussion and been proven to be a liar

OGC.6b9d9b430c7584b092bfb5a52c657b14

OGC.5db87a2d1594eac6f9499c2761d33507

It truly does. However, 9-16 wad not a mirage. It happened.

I get it, just don't live in rear view mirror. The future is bright. Sunshine Cawood...lol, in all seriousness this team looks promising, great class next year, open doors to transfers and Reed on Saturday.

Good time to be a Cat fan. I refuse to feel negative about our program with all the other sh*t we are dealing with. Good stuff will happen on the court.

UK only gets 13 non conference games a season.We can schedule home and home series ONLY if the top tier teams WANT to play...Most top teams simply don't overload their schedules anymore...Tv dictates marquee matchups early with big money the driving force hence the ESPN and CBS classic events we play in.There isn't an easy answer for fixing this either.I mean I understand fans complaints about home games but it would be suicide to schedule every top 10 team for your non conference portion of the schedule and then play in a tough SEC....then it would just be complaints about to many loses...I would prefer at least one more top team coming to Rupp for our non conference portion but hell no I dont want to see an overloaded schedule not with the player turnover we have....stop playing in the classic events and schedule home and home with 2 top tier teams if we can get them to come and rotate those teams for 2 years and try to find 2 more teams after that.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
There's just a weird malaise around the program right now. Every year, we start with a marquee game and then sleepwalk through 4-5 weeks of blah opponents until we play Louisville in a game no one outside of KY cares about because it always feels like it's being played 32 hrs before Christmas for some stupid reason. Mitch rarely does interviews but when he does, half the time he comes off like a my way or the highway dick. While I love Cal, he's had the same schtick and sayings for over a decade. At this point, we all just tune him out. The athletic dept never thinks outside the box either. Louisville sucks, but at least they embrace older logo's and did that surprisingly neat Louisville Live thing outside. When Rick was there, most of the time their arena looked like a party. Rupp is a giant sewing circle where everyone seems afraid of change, starting with Mitch. Well, we did have the oddball dancing guy who humped railings and then dropped a girl who wasn't his child, so that's something we embraced for some reason...

Grow a pair and stop running from IU, and if you wanted to end that series, it should've been replaced by what was an up and coming program like Gonzaga. Seems like Duke got them, and we got stuck playing Ohio St. Get Kansas in Rupp occasionally because we only play them in Lawrence. Sensible fans know we're not winning every game, but you gotta come up with fun, creative ideas to get people away from their 65"+ TV's and mini fridges. In Mitch's world, wealth matters and everything is fine.

I won't crush Cal completely though, because while last year sucked and he has a habit of occasionally gagging in important games, he's made changes, brought in older players, and has what we assume is elite talent coming (Sharpe in a couple months and top 15 guys next year).

I get it, just don't live in rear view mirror. The future is bright. Sunshine Cawood...lol, in all seriousness this team looks promising, great class next year, open doors to transfers and Reed on Saturday.

Good time to be a Cat fan. I refuse to feel negative about our program with all the other sh*t we are dealing with. Good stuff will happen on the court.
Oh, I am too. I like the shooting on this team. Wheeler is definitely the engine for this team. Big O is really carrying them right now. Toppin, Collins, and Hopkins need to take a step up in their play.

Here is another angle on why ticket sales are down. While taking a client to the Mount StMarys game I Wondered if he wondered which clients I took to the better games.
Frankly, sitting there in a half empty arena watching us play a cupcake is not the experience I had hoped for taking clients .
Of the twenty game schedule there are really only 8 games this year worth taking clients for business development. UL and the seven SEC games that are not at nine pm.
In addition to all of the other obvious reasons mentioned in this thread it is frankly a wonder with this schedule the attendance is as good as it is .

Aside from the political stuff, there are some things that can help fix bad attendance at UK games.

1. Barnhart needs to take over the scheduling. It's pretty obvious that Calipari isn't going to create a strong Home schedule. MB is the AD, he can run the athletic dept how he wants. If Calipari doesn't like the schedule he's given, he can leave. The Program is bigger than the current coach.

2. In the event that #1 is ever actually implemented, we need to get back to playing in holiday tournaments again. We've missed Maui, the PK tournament and various other seasonal events because Calipari doesn't like them. Again, the Program is bigger than the current coach.

3. Return to scheduling home and home games with UNC, Mich State, Villanova, Baylor, UCLA, etc. The one program I NEVER want to see UK play a home and home with again is IU. They're a garbage bunch of low life trash. You don't reward idiots like that with a game on their floor. The only compromise I would make would be a neutral court game in Indy or Louisville. Surely we could get a game in the Yum Center after all these years.

4. Limit OOC games against competition below power rankings of 150 to 3 or less. Those games do nothing for us except pad the coaches W-L record.

5. All student tickets for UK home games that go unclaimed go on sale to the general public starting 2 hours before game time at the Rupp ticket windows for $20 each, limit of 2 per person.

6. Make UK home games more friendly and inviting to fans.
Lose the mask mandate wherever it's enforced inside Rupp. If you can smell a odor while wearing a mask, the virus can get through as well.
Stop harassing people for bringing in food. It won't break up UK or the City of Lex. if someone brings in a cookie.

7. Freebies and prizes for fans. Spend some of the SEC money and give something back to the fans. A special souvenir or collectable won't break the bank.

8. Ban the "Blue...White...Blue...White..." chant.

You do realize over 90 percent of people in the hospital ICU for Covid are unvaxxed?
Not trying to argue....just trying to let you know that in case you didn't.
Some not attending may not wanna get vaxxed but also avoid crowds knowing the high risk of hospitalization they face if older or with underlying conditions.
But those in the icu aren’t necessarily there because of Covid. They could be there due to severe injuries in a car wreck. Then if they determine they have Covid when they test them upon admission, it’s counted as a Covid icu case. So you have to know the full story.

$56 per ticket in that package still to much $$$ in my opinion.

Reactions: gojvc and KMKAT
Sad thing is a lot of people have quit watching. Just ask around people will tell you. They don’t watch UK basketball anymore.
I do watch.

I still have yet to meet one person who says they don't watch anymore. I have conversations with parents at kids practices, colleagues, etc. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Only people who say they are not watching are the usual suspects on here pushing their agenda against Cal and UK. In the real world you never hear it. Like I say all the time this place is not real life. It’s the extreme fans who do not represent the real fans.
I still have yet to meet one person who says they don't watch anymore. I have conversations with parents at kids practices, colleagues, etc. Nothing has changed in that regard.
In

Only people who say they are not watching are the usual suspects on here pushing their agenda against Cal and UK. In the real world you never hear it. Like I say all the time this place is not real life. It’s the extreme fans who do not represent the real fans.

In
I still watch, but it's not the event it used to be for me. I do think some have lost interest. Some are more casual about it then before.

Varying degrees in some cases. Hard for me to give it up. Just loved sports so much growing up.

Hoping this team rekindles the passion for those who have kinda lost some of theirs.

I still think it's crazy that we never, ever play WKU.
A couple of things that we will never return to:

The WKU game. A Stansbury team vs UK would always be a good watch today.
I know, UK hates to play these types of games, but this one has always drawn special interest to me because of WKU's history.

I always looked forward to the Maui tournament. Oh well.

Still like the magic of Rupp Arena, but its not as magical as it once was. Is it the result of recent years?

But those in the icu aren’t necessarily there because of Covid. They could be there due to severe injuries in a car wreck. Then if they determine they have Covid when they test them upon admission, it’s counted as a Covid icu case. So you have to know the full story.
Guaranteed that the same docs you are convinced you can't trust, who are part of a worldwide conspiracy to promote Covid and faulty vaccines are the same ones that you will be trusting with ur goofy azz life if you end up in the ICU with Covid.
Can't have it both ways. You either trust the docs or you don't.

In
I know plenty of people who don't watch every game. One had season tickets and let them go a few years ago. Personally, I don't watch every minute versus garbage teams anymore either. Usually channel surfing to see what other games are on that offer better matchups.
Also, I don't have a agenda...beyond wanting UK basketball to be at a elite level all of the time. Whether that's with Calipari or someone else doesn't matter in the least.
Some here need to realize that the program will be in place long after Calipari leaves. Just as it didn't begin when he got here. UK's long and storied tradition means something to the diehard fans. It didn't just happen over the last decade.
The question should be...has he improved the program while the head coach?

Guaranteed that the same docs you are convinced you can't trust, who are part of a worldwide conspiracy to promote Covid and faulty vaccines are the same ones that you will be trusting with ur goofy azz life if you end up in the ICU with Covid.
Can't have it both ways. You either trust the docs or you don't.
Does your source of data tell you that the patient count of patients with Covid are there because of covid..of course not. None of the charts say why they are actually there. It’s just not a complete picture.

Sad thing is a lot of people have quit watching. Just ask around people will tell you. They don’t watch UK basketball anymore.
I do watch.

You speak truth.

It’s funny how many people deny this.

I looked at the box score tonight and saw Oscar had two fouls < 2 minutes in.

Tells me all I need to know about the state of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT