ADVERTISEMENT

Eight shot including 6 police officers in Allen City KY stand off. Two of the officers are dead.

I scrolled through some Twitter comments about this shooting. Lots people were offended cause he got beat up. No mention of the brave and fearless officers and service animals that lost their lives in this tragedy. Just upset cause this dude got beat up. Just insane how crappy how some people are in this world.

Just throw his ass off a cliff.
or play Augusto Pinochet and out a chopper he goes.

84510_76974_768_497_jpg.jpg

Our country is filled with freaks:

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
I scrolled through some Twitter comments about this shooting. Lots people were offended cause he got beat up. No mention of the brave and fearless officers and service animals that lost their lives in this tragedy. Just upset cause this dude got beat up. Just insane how crappy how some people are in this world.
I hope the SOB gets bent over everyday in prison. He killed 3 cops and a canine cop so I hope he burns in hell.

Reactions: UK till Death
And right after that, another mass shooting, this time in Highland Park. Once again, the suspect is a young male. Safe to say, our gender has some issues with violence.

The streets of Chicago ran red with blood this weekend. But of course, only the Highland Park shooter got any mass media attention.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/7/2/23192878/chicago-shootings-homicides-july-holiday

Nine people have been shot and killed over the Fourth of July weekend in Chicago, and at least 52 others have been wounded.

The toll was lower that last year, when 19 people were killed and more than 100 people were shot over the long Fourth of July weekend. In 2020, 79 people were shot, 15 of them fatally; in 2019, 68 people were shot, 5 of them fatally.

Why are presuming his gender? Do you know that he identifies as male?
Figured someone would take what I said (which happens to be true) and twist it into a condescending gotcha troll post about gender that we could all find in the political thread.

The streets of Chicago ran red with blood this weekend. But of course, only the Highland Park shooter got any mass media attention.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/7/2/23192878/chicago-shootings-homicides-july-holiday
"Ran with blood"? Are we in a western with that goofy talk? Yes, gun violence is a major issue in Chicago. The same 15 people who post here always rush to bring Chicago up after a mass shooting. Guess what? It's mainly male on male violence. That's a problem. Our gender needs to work on some shit without all the collateral damage.

Figured someone would take what I said (which happens to be true) and twist it into a condescending gotcha troll post about gender that we could all find in the political thread.

"Ran with blood"? Are we in a western with that goofy talk? Yes, gun violence is a major issue in Chicago. The same 15 people who post here always rush to bring Chicago up after a mass shooting. Guess what? It's mainly male on male violence. That's a problem. Our gender needs to work on some shit without all the collateral damage.
Gender is just a social construct.

I hope you lulz trolls take a look at the role you play in the decline of our country.
I had to look up lulz and make sure it wasn’t a typo. Good lord this society is being completely overtaken by incompetent morons.

Reactions: chroix
I had to look up lulz and make sure it wasn’t a typo. Good lord this society is being completely overtaken by incompetent morons.

If you think lulz trolls are bad, just consider that there are Americans alive today who have never studied John Locke, or Thomas Jefferson, or Edward Herman, or Noam Chomsky, or that can't even tell you the basic history of the state they live in (not even something ridiclously simple, like who the governor was when they were born, or the function of the secretary of state).

We're not "being overtaken" by incompetent morons. That happened a long time ago.

If you think lulz trolls are bad, just consider that there are Americans alive today who have never studied John Locke, or Thomas Jefferson, or Edward Herman, or Noam Chomsky, or that can't even tell you the basic history of the state they live in (not even something ridiclously simple, like who the governor was when they were born, or the function of the secretary of state).

We're not "being overtaken" by incompetent morons. That happened a long time ago.

-re: chomsky...I'll throw in Marx and alinsky as well. One should know his enemy.

-a cursory knowledge* of 20th century history and economics would benefit a lot of folks. Sadly we're repeating mistakes over and over.

*should be attained by reading lots of stuff from different sources...not Wikipedia or only what has been written by Howard zinn and his ilk.

Last edited:
-another pink haired shooter...stupid rednecks and their guns man.
Another high capacity weapon used on a crowd by a young male with anger and mental issues. Keeps happening but you made a joke about pink hair and rednecks so it's all good. I'll see ya in a thread like this in a few weeks when another angry male uses a high capacity weapon on another crowd. I guess when shit like this keeps happening it's easier to just joke about it.

Hopefully the question of whether he’s Team Antifa or Team Trump gets answered. Because that’s what really matters.
Pathetic thing is, this is all you see online now days. It's not the media doing this, it's literally "us". Liberal twitter does it just as our own little political thread does it. Scraping the bottom of the barrel hoping to find an opportunity to call the other side crazy as they find and believe fake photos of random people they believe are the shooter.

Reactions: DanCat17
^
That is why I barely participate in these political type discussions. Just utterly pointless and frankly gets ugly very quick. I don't mind talking to my friends and family and sometimes I have heated conversations on similar topics, but anonymous discussion boards, Facebook and all the rest is just a waste of time. Just makes people mad at one another

-ill mention this in this thread as I have in a few...raise the age to purchase to 25. That is a common sense solution that would have prevented this(highland park) shooting...as well as parkland, uvalde and myriad others.

-in every thread we have folks throwing their hands up and lamenting "gun culture", I get it. There are ways to mitigate these instances...
raising the age to purchase is a massive step in the right direction.

^we can't put the genie back in the bottle. There will never be confiscation. So we must *mitigate* the problem.

-we must also look at what is causing these issues. Young men are in fact being radicalized...sometimes it's a right wing nut job or nazi type (we are aware of this and many folks are "working" on this angle)...sometimes it's a left wing nut job (this kid/guy at the Wisconsin parade et al). These "radicalized" folk are ignored by pretty much everyone.

-we can address gun issues (raising the age to 25 is a no-brainer and should happen yesterday)... We must address the root cause of this issue as well...mental health/radicalism. If we don't were pissing in the wind.

I don't recall people questioning the "politics" of the Columbine shooters. Most mass murders have nothing to do with politics. But, in our social media age, it seems nearly everyone is now wrapped up in one political ideology or another, having been radicalized as Rudd says. Social media, imo, is the driver of so much hate.

-ill mention this in this thread as I have in a few...raise the age to purchase to 25. That is a common sense solution that would have prevented this(highland park) shooting...as well as parkland, uvalde and myriad others.

-in every thread we have folks throwing their hands up and lamenting "gun culture", I get it. There are ways to mitigate these instances...
raising the age to purchase is a massive step in the right direction.

^we can't put the genie back in the bottle. There will never be confiscation. So we must *mitigate* the problem.

-we must also look at what is causing these issues. Young men are in fact being radicalized...sometimes it's a right wing nut job or nazi type (we are aware of this and many folks are "working" on this angle)...sometimes it's a left wing nut job (this kid/guy at the Wisconsin parade et al). These "radicalized" folk are ignored by pretty much everyone.

-we can address gun issues (raising the age to 25 is a no-brainer and should happen yesterday)... We must address the root cause of this issue as well...mental health/radicalism. If we don't were pissing in the wind.

The suspect was 49 years old. In no way shape or form would this have kept this from happening.

-the discussion had quite obviously moved to the the suburban Chicago shooting...but yes you are correct the dirtbag in Floyd County was in fact 49. Thanks.

So by your logic you can decide who runs this country, buy tobacco products, buy adult content, own a car that can kill people and join the military and die for this country all before the age of 25. But you can't purchase any fire arm until 25? That makes zero sense.

Reactions: Cawood86
-it makes absolute sense. Schizophrenia/other crazy doesn't present until early 20s.

-love to raise voting age to 25 as well.

-military should stay at 18.

-car ownership...don't understand what the heck you're talking about.

-tobacco products...see above.

Reactions: parrott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT