ADVERTISEMENT

EewTee at Oklahoma

Yeah, other story here is Chumlee's vaunted offense has produced only 22 points and the game's nearly over. You know he wanted to return to OU and light them up but has failed.

Yeah, their offense hasn't looked very good tonight playing their first sec team. I hope we get a similar issue for ole miss next week when they play UK.

Well this does show that they can be stopped a bit. We’ll have our work cut out for us on offense though.

Yeah, other story here is Chumlee's vaunted offense has produced only 22 points and the game's nearly over. You know he wanted to return to OU and light them up but has failed.
Heupel was purposely conservative in this game. He had a lot of respect for the OU defense, he knew he didn't have his starting RT playing, and he wanted to protect Nico in his first very hostile road game from making any major mistakes such as we saw in the first half. Fortunately, the D bailed him out. We saw it with UT kicking the FG on 4th and a foot at the OU 18 with about 3 1/2 minutes left. We saw it with 49 rushes to 21 passes. Once they got the 19-3 halftime lead, they came out in the 2nd half and were content to run and occasionally take a vertical shot, make no mistakes offensively, and let the D win the game. Heupel showed his offense can slow the game down if it needs to.

Heupel was purposely conservative in this game. He had a lot of respect for the OU defense, he knew he didn't have his starting RT playing, and he wanted to protect Nico in his first very hostile road game from making any major mistakes such as we saw in the first half. Fortunately, the D bailed him out. We saw it with UT kicking the FG on 4th and a foot at the OU 18 with about 3 1/2 minutes left. We saw it with 49 rushes to 21 passes. Once they got the 19-3 halftime lead, they came out in the 2nd half and were content to run and occasionally take a vertical shot, make no mistakes offensively, and let the D win the game. Heupel showed his offense can slow the game down if it needs to.
Funny, Stoops does the same thing, plays the same identical way, and he's an idiot, conservative to a fault, plays not to lose instead of to win, the Chumlees of the world are so much above him, smarter, shows much more imagination.

I agree, and I hate them. But they got a REAL coach and we got a 9 million dollar dud that loves to feast on Ohio U, central Michigan and eastern Kentucky, just to go to a shitty bowl game. And after all these years/ games, couldn’t manage a clock if his life depended on it
Brevity is the soul of wit, well said and summarized.

Reactions: Fox2monk
UT is very good. Makes me sick they finally have a good coach with a good system.

Kiffin, Sark, Heupel...

Been a long time coming for these guys. Offensive football savants, you got to get them while they're young coming up the ranks as OC, at a mid-major...or in the case of Sark and Kif, on the rebound from previous gig.

They've we're all at one point in time over the past half dozen years looking for work.

That's the game plan if you're scribbling a list and looking to make a change...younger offensive guys with track records of points and production.

UTs offense is a total polar opposite of ours.
Really? EweTee ran 49 and passed 21. EweTee is also strong on D. Hoopel went conservative in second half. Their Achilles heal is OLine depth. Hoopel wanted to protect Iamaleava. Game was over at half.

Kiffin, Sark, Heupel...

Been a long time coming for these guys. Offensive football savants, you got to get them while they're young coming up the ranks as OC, at a mid-major...or in the case of Sark and Kif, on the rebound from previous gig.

They've we're all at one point in time over the past half dozen years looking for work.

That's the game plan if you're scribbling a list and looking to make a change...younger offensive guys with track records of points and production.

Interesting you mentioned kiffin and getting them while theyre young. UT fans might have a differing opinion on that particular inclusion.

Hes great now, but before saban helped him understand the value of self discipline, he was a program killer.

I detest the thought of apologizing to anything orange....but honesty has to come out:

Heuple is a really good coach
Tennessee is an offensive machine.
For the first time in many many years Tennessee has a strong defense.

So, I was wrong when Heuple was hired.
I feel like I have the flu now so excuse me while I go throw up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT