ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards will still be 1st round pick

I wonder if Klutch dictates to Cal how many minutes their clients will play ?
They could say if our boy doesn’t play x minutes you will never get a Klutch player again.
Frankly , that’s about the only thing that makes sense . Why else would a coach not play the best players ?

Just saw the latest bleacher and Yahoo draft predictions.
Only two in Bleacher top thirty were dillingham and Sheppard , 6 and 16.
Three were in top twelve in Yahoo those two and Z. Yet none of them start . Really really bizarre .
Why does our coach not play the best performing players . Seems he has the opposite of a meritocracy . Maybe if he started those three with Reeves and Mitchell we could play some defense as well .

Where'd Boston fall, 33rd or something like that? I guess its conceivable if he crushes in workouts. Still, unless he starts flashing some here at UK and more consistently, it doesn't help us now.

Reactions: K_TIME
Hart and Burks both have a better chance of someday getting drafted. Edwards won't get drafted in the upcoming draft. It's not that he hasn't shown the skills needed for the NBA; you can get drafted high without skills if you're athletic enough. Edwards hasn't shown above average athleticism OR any particular skill and that equals an undrafted player.

crime scene gravy GIF by South Park

Where'd Boston fall, 33rd or something like that? I guess its conceivable if he crushes in workouts. Still, unless he starts flashing some here at UK and more consistently, it doesn't help us now.
This is about all you can hang your hat upon.....NBA still drafts to some degree on potential and that can last back to high school ratings. But there is little hope he'll improve in regular season to show something.

1. It's been 20 games now
2. It ain't just shooting....he cna't dribble...he isn't athletic looking...he cna't lock dudes down on defense....can't pass
3. This team has other players that will jsut as likely be leaned upon more....Mitchell, Reeves for sure....Reed and Dilly will take turns balling...now Big Z is out....Bradshaw could improve...Thiero is around. Just no reason to see him being the man.

I'm sure Edwards is a nice guy and the first game I saw him I thought he'd be really good but after seeing him a while I realized he wasn't very quick or explosive for his size and that he didn't dribble, pass, shoot, or defend very well.

To be honest, at this point, in any game that hasn't already been decided any single minute he gets will be taking away time from a better player. We can go 3 guards or 3 bigs; he doesn't need to be in the rotation anymore. Everybody but Cal can see it.

I'm sure Edwards is a nice guy and the first game I saw him I thought he'd be really good but after seeing him a while I realized he wasn't very quick or explosive for his size and that he didn't dribble, pass, shoot, or defend very well.

To be honest, at this point, in any game that hasn't already been decided any single minute he gets will be taking away time from a better player. We can go 3 guards or 3 bigs; he doesn't need to be in the rotation anymore. Everybody but Cal can see it.
He reminds me of an unathletic Poythress.

It's talent that never panned out versus no real talent to start.
I thought Poythress was gonna be all world after the Duke game. Unfortunately, he rarely showed that flash again. He could play defense though. Something Edwards could learn.

Reactions: RunninRichie
John Stayle keeps saying Edward's is a beast in every practice. He is confident it will transfer to the game. He has him a lottery pick.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
It will be criminal for his handlers to talk into the draft. Nowhere close on talent and ability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT