ADVERTISEMENT

Edmonson County Game Incident.

Ohio County went all the way to the state championship game in 1969, where they ran into Louisville Central and the buzz saw that was Ron King.

I was only in elementary school, but I remember pretty much the entirety of Freedom Hall was cheering for Ohio Co, except for Central’s small section, lol.

Also, if I recall correctly, an Issel-led UK team was winning their NCAA tourney game at the exact same time. I remember my dad had a transistor radio trying to listen to the game while in the upper stands of Freedom Hall. 😊

Great memories!

Reactions: Rockford
Ohio County went all the way to the state championship game in 1969, where they ran into Louisville Central and the buzz saw that was Ron King.

I was only in elementary school, but I remember pretty much the entirety of Freedom Hall was cheering for Ohio Co, except for Central’s small section, lol.

Also, if I recall correctly, an Issel-led UK team was winning their NCAA tourney game at the exact same time. I remember my dad had a transistor radio trying to listen to the game while in the upper stands of Freedom Hall. 😊

Great memories!
Gary Raymond was a guard on that team ,the other guard was also pretty good but I can't remember his name.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Gary Raymond was a guard on that team ,the other guard was also pretty good but I can't remember his name.
Can’t remember all of the players and their positions, but along with Raymond, seems like Everett Taylor, John Robert Parker, and maybe the center was John White?
Ralph Underhill was the coach. He was a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: docholiday51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT