ADVERTISEMENT

Easy to understand the angst Arkansas fans have toward UK.

Tar Heel fan here. I really, really enjoyed the Arkansas/Kentucky games when Nolan and Pitino were at the helm.Great games and rivalry at that time. Both teams were ultra athletic and pressed all over the court. I really miss games and talent like that in college basketball.
Any basketball fan old enough to remember those games and type of talent miss them. That was a great time for College Basketball. I remember Larry Johnson (UNLV) running by our bench during a game and yelling at Nolan, go get some men!

Reactions: doinswine
Yes, I would take Richardson in his prime over Calipari all day long. Nolan definitely had a chip on his shoulder, but to call him a racist is crazy. Nolan experienced plenty of issues and challenges throughout his upbringing, probably many more than most of us could possibly imagine.
Does not give him the right to be a racist. many people have overcome similar issues and tried to bridge racial divide. Plus he is a POS for the NCAAT fiasco he played on Tubby when Anderson coached UAB.

Yes, I would take Richardson in his prime over Calipari all day long. Nolan definitely had a chip on his shoulder, but to call him a racist is crazy. Nolan experienced plenty of issues and challenges throughout his upbringing, probably many more than most of us could possibly imagine.
Good for him hate nolan and anyone that likes him .

Tar Heel fan here. I really, really enjoyed the Arkansas/Kentucky games when Nolan and Pitino were at the helm.Great games and rivalry at that time. Both teams were ultra athletic and pressed all over the court. I really miss games and talent like that in college basketball.
Yall shouldnt even be playing ncaa sucks

They don't bother me, I just don't like them.
I hate Nolan the racist as well . CAl has helped raise millions for charity you are just jealous .
I wouldn't like anyone that beat me as often as Cal has the pigs.
And if NR was so great what is his all time record in the ncaa compared to cals . Go sit on a razorback you goofball .

I don't know if they go THAT far back. 1978 and the Eddie Sutton years were so long ago, most of their fans weren't alive.

I think the hatred comes from Malik Monk and just kicking their butt. We've kinda been the Yankees of the SEC since time began, and nobody likes the Yankees.

I love the Yankees. I have liked them since the days of Mantle & Maris, watching the games with my Grandpa !

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
I hate Nolan the racist as well . CAl has helped raise millions for charity you are just jealous .
I wouldn't like anyone that beat me as often as Cal has the pigs.
And if NR was so great what is his all time record in the ncaa compared to cals . Go sit on a razorback you goofball .
Not jealous at all, he is yours, you can keep him. I don't know what the all time tournament records are, but I do know they each have one National Championship. Pretty embarrasing for Calipari, "My Cousin Vinny" could have done at least that good with the talent he has had at Kentucky.

I don't like Nolan but what he went through with his daughter was heart breaking cancer sucks.
Those 90s games was something else to watch. Hogs always won the regular season matchup and UK always won in the SEC tournament.
I just remember two teams playing hard back then. Last few years I see Hog players trying to hurt UK players.

We beat them towards the end of the 2002 season, and Nolan said something to the effect of "if they want to take my job from me they can have it" during the press conference. He was fired the next day and Anderson became interim head coach.
he said "I see no Black reporters" went off the deep end..

he said "I see no Black reporters" went off the deep end..

A few years earlier he said that if he had the choice to give a scholarship to a black kid or a white kid, he’d give it to the black kid every time. Didn’t go over well in Arkansas, and was around the time their best player was Pat Bradley, which made it all the more ironic.

They’re just whiny bitches.

They thought they were gonna be the new king of the SEC when they joined, and they quickly had to meet reality where Kentucky is, was, and will forever be the King in the SEC, as long as we are apart of it.

I'd agree with the overall theme here but strongly disagree with the quickly part. Our first game in the SEC we whooped you on your home court by 17. You all even had "Pig Roast At Rupp" shirts printed up. It was a glorious day.

Reactions: ThreeHogNight
They’re just whiny bitches.

They thought they were gonna be the new king of the SEC when they joined, and they quickly had to meet reality where Kentucky is, was, and will forever be the King in the SEC, as long as we are apart of it.
Thank goodness we never complain.

I will give Richardson this —- he won the 1994 championship with Corliss Williamson and a bunch of guys who barely had time for a sip of coffee, much less a cup, in the NBA. I’m talking about guys like Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck and Clint McDaniel. They also had a guy named Darnell Robinson who was an NBA bust. But let’s not act like Calipari didn’t have UMass (Camby) and Memphis (Rose) in similar spots with arguably less all-around talent. So tired of the narrative that he needs a team full of stars to win. Total nonsense!

Reactions: ThreeHogNight
I will give Richardson this —- he won the 1994 championship with Corliss Williamson and a bunch of guys who barely had time for a sip of coffee, much less a cup, in the NBA. I’m talking about guys like Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck and Clint McDaniel. They also had a guy named Darnell Robinson who was an NBA bust. But let’s not act like Calipari didn’t have UMass (Camby) and Memphis (Rose) in similar spots with arguably less all-around talent. So tired of the narrative that he needs a team full of stars to win. Total nonsense!
Well done Sir, those are some incredible facts that I hadn't even thought about. Actually, Nolan should have repeated in 1995 with the same type of team, but finished second to UCLA.

Are you talking abou him using. The N word in the post Wisc presser? If you think that was an instance of racism, you’re deluded.
That's exactly what I was talking about, just trying to point out that the ridiculousness can work both ways. I get tired of the racism comments about Nolan, Coach Anderson, the state of Arkansas, its fans and players.

Not jealous at all, he is yours, you can keep him. I don't know what the all time tournament records are, but I do know they each have one National Championship. Pretty embarrasing for Calipari, "My Cousin Vinny" could have done at least that good with the talent he has had at Kentucky.
Well obviously you are very biased against the cats why do you come to the board ? Next time your team is relevant let me know lol. 1996 is a long time man.

Your cousin Vinny is probably your wife ya inbred hick .

Well obviously you are very biased against the cats why do you come to the board ? Next time your team is relevant let me know lol. 1996 is a long time man.
I come here because Kentucky is my second favorite team, and also for the delusional entertainment value this board has become. I look at things objectively without the blue tainted glasses and don't drink the Calipari Kool Aid.

I come here because Kentucky is my second favorite team, and also for the delusional entertainment value this board has become. I look at things objectively without the blue tainted glasses and don't drink the Calipari Kool Aid.
So you are calling people names and still expect respect ?
You sir are a horrible fan and hope the lil piggys go wee wee at home .

You being a hog fan haven't heard a lot of excuses over the years.
The cats have owned ya'll since you came into the sec.
Please do not make me get out the list of Ky's all time greatness .

Current losing streak to UK is now 6.

And counting.

Reactions: UKEE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT