ADVERTISEMENT

Earned not given

First, I have zero problem with Cal giving Brad a job. Zero. Darn near every dad would do the same.

Second, Brad is pretty goofy. Tailored made to be on the Louisville bench. Dude is waaaaay too white to not know what color he is.

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Is Cow gonna get a tattoo this year??? Of a Razorback Hog???

BIyAZgfCQAEx4P7.jpg-large.jpg

Cow will have to do that BEFORE the Hogs win anything though...

Cow Ooozes this...

images

The GO Tat...

images
Brad's next tat will be a t*a*p s*a*p, watch for it. No, wait....skip that.

I've read this thread, and haven't heard one reason why Brad would be a bad choice.

Hatred is ugly. It says more about you than the object of your scorn.
Jesus and 1 John called it "murder in your heart".

Go ahead...Hate me too for speaking the truth.

I've read this thread, and haven't heard one reason why Brad would be a bad choice.

I don’t hate you, Brad, or Cal. I see more comedy in this thread than hate. Guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

It's not hate. It's entertainment. And Brad has kinda made himself an easy target.

The second part is, most of us assume he's as qualified to coach as he was to play for the University of Kentucky. And again, I have zero problem with Cal allowing him to do both.

I get that and should definitely work on being a better person in general. But man, Brad brings a lot of it on himself. And there are many reasons not to bring him on a staff that just lost Welch and Orlando. The staff already had zero real coaches on the bench. Chin likes to party and doesn’t do real coaching. Now you’ve got Bruiser ( a horrible coach and a leech) and you bring in Brad as a nepotism hire.

I’m not a believer in nepotism and in my family (business oriented) all of the grandsons were made to go out and find our own way. Nepotism is a large part of America’s problems.

I’m not a believer in nepotism and in my family (business oriented) all of the grandsons were made to go out and find our own way. Nepotism is a large part of America’s problems.
I would tend to agree with you, if we were talking about something that mattered to others' livelihoods. But it's giving Brad an entry level nothing gig. It doesn't harm anything, and Brad would eventually have to stay employeed by his own merits at some point in a coaching career.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I personally never cared for his hair or clothing choices. But he grew up with a Dad who has a BIG personality, sister has her doctorate, etc. I suspect he's just trying to find his own way, get acceptance from his peers, be his own guy, all that stuff. Then he chooses Dad's business .... gonna be a tough act to follow.

I hope he is a good guy when the smoke clears. His Mom seems well grounded. But he has chosen not just a tough path to walk, but a public one. Good Luck.

B Rad is his own man. Half used to be fat mixed with not exactly a little person sprinkle in parts of both. Mix all that with a rich daddy and you have a turtle neck wearing D10 athlete assistant coaching piece of 💩

• Haha
Reactions: TheBlueMist
Seems Cal is doubling down on the nepotism and the entourage of yes men at Arkansas. He badly needs someone to help him coach, and he has even less of that now. We'll see how that works out for him.

No hatred whatsoever, just discussion on a message board about a person everyone knows, getting a job in major college basketball.
What success story has he had that says he could be qualified for a job like the Directer of On-Court Player Development for a Power-5 SEC school??
This was his same title/ responsibility for his last two jobs, Long Island U and Vanderbilt.

LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY (Head Coach Rod Strickland)
2021/22: 16-14/ .533% (12-6/ .667%) (w/o Brad C. as the DoOCPD)
2022/23: 3-26/ .103% (1-15/ .063%) (with Brad C. as the DoOCPD)

VANDERBILT

2022/23: 22-15/.595% (11-7/ .611%) (w/o Brad C. as the DoOCPD)

2023/24: 9-23/ .281% (4-14/ .222%) (with Brad C. as the DoOCPD)

Brad Calipari working for Long Island U and Vanderbilt as the Directer of On-Court Player Development would not be considered a success, just based off of the above 2-years of records, IMO.

But no hate, just some words of facts.

Brad's success so far as a part of his last two college basketball staffs:
His teams records for seasons 2022-2024:
Overall: Wins-12, Losses-49/ .197%
League: Wins-5 Losses-29 / .147%
🤔🤔🤔

1. He's accomplished nothing to deserve this job.
2. Cal brings over Chin, Martin, Payne....mostly recruiters. Payne you cna make the case is a decent big man coach....so Cal needed a teacher like Robic or Welch.....Brad has zero credentials to be a teacher/scheme assistant.

What is so hatred to see another Cal catering to hs boys like alwys....but this time is truly his boy. Maybe you should do what is best for program.

right now Cal can do no wrong in the eyes of Arkansas fans

but actions like this shorten the honeymoon period

The lineup shows he’s not going to change anything and we already knew that. “Positionless” basketball coming to Arkansas and soon they’ll be asking the typical questions - why isn’t player X in the right position, why is player Y not getting more minutes, why is player N getting so many many minutes, why isn’t he changing the defense, why can’t the team guard by this point, why is nothing changing even after the losses pile up.

Followed by fans who are under his spell telling you to trust the “HOF” coach, and defending his every senseless act.

Cal knew better than to bring Brad here as an assistant. He knew he’d be blasted like he’s never been before. Wonder what the 🐷’s think about 🐮 bringing an unqualified family member onto the staff… 😆

Okay, just a question, as I recall Tubby couldn't hire Saul here due to nepotism rules so he went to Minny. Are those same rules still in effect?? IF so then Cal couldn't have hired Brad as an assistant.

Anybody know the answer??

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
Okay, just a question, as I recall Tubby couldn't hire Saul here due to nepotism rules so he went to Minny. Are those same rules still in effect?? IF so then Cal couldn't have hired Brad as an assistant.

Hopefully someone else knows because I do not.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Love the irony of sh!&$ing on Brad for being given something he didn’t deserve when you could say the say damn thing about our current head coach. 0 tournament wins but at least he’ll put kids on the court the boosters approve of.

Love the irony of sh!&$ing on Brad for being given something he didn’t deserve when you could say the say damn thing about our current head coach. 0 tournament wins but at least he’ll put kids on the court the boosters approve of.

We could say the SAME thing about every poster on this board. Has anyone really earned what they have in the fullest sense of the word. We have all been given what we do not deserve.

What we all want is to be GIVEN a chance. Then we have to prove that we deserve to have that position. That's the way the world works. Brad has been given a chance. Let's see how he handles it. I hope he handles it better than Saul Smith did.

I love the irony of you being upset about people "sh!&$ing on Brad" and your response being "sh!&$ing on somebody else".

I just had a thought about this hire. Of course it's nepotism but it's maybe not a bad move by John Calipari because, when you look at his other assistant coaches, not one of them will ever have a novel idea and Cal will never listen to a single one of them when it comes to strategy. Brad is now the only coach on the Arkansas staff that even might have a modern view of the game and the only one that Cal might ever listen to. It's probably a bad hire but I'm not sure Brad is the worst basketball mind on that coaching staff.

If cal tried to hire brad here after oakland mitch wouldve said no. And if he said yes cal would have to win the championship the following year for the fans to be ok with it. Brad would be decimated by the fan base. We saw that happen to saul when he played and STARTED here.

If cal tried to hire brad here after oakland mitch wouldve said no. And if he said yes cal would have to win the championship the following year for the fans to be ok with it. Brad would be decimated by the fan base. We saw that happen to saul when he played and STARTED here.

I totally agree with you. But, I was wondering if the current rules would have even allowed Cal to hire Brad. What if Brad had been a HC who won a title and wanted to work with his dad? Nepotism rules would still prevent Mitch from even considering it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT