ADVERTISEMENT

Early Top 25.....Barttorvik website...'Cats #32 as of 5-1-24

Oct 20, 2017

Projected #32 (19-12 W-L) with 9 players as of 5-1-24.

***If we add Jaxson Robinson we move #21.

University 6 - #95 (15-16 W-L) (8 players)
University of Calipari - #52 (18-13 W/L) (6 players)

No doubt Cal will add 4-5 more and pass us ...but... we know how it will likely end.

Best Regards

I won't pretend to know how other teams are coming together outside of a handful of the best teams, but I'll be shocked if we aren't a top 25 team next year.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I won't pretend to know how other teams are coming together outside of a handful of the best teams, but I'll be shocked if we aren't a top 25 team next year.

No doubt Cal will add 4-5 more and pass us ...but... we know how it will likely end.

Best Regards
Not bad.

They currently have top 25 talent easily.
Key will be how fast they gel together as a team.
What a lot of people are forgetting. These guys haven't played together. Completely new team with 0 returnees. Might take a while to gel into a machine.

Imagine trying to predict a team's record in May that has a new head coach, an entirely new coaching staff, and an entirely new roster including talented, skilled freshman who have literally never played a college basketball game before.

Good lord...

It's not about reality. It's ALL about imagination right now.

What's funny in a sad sad way is that if we finish at #35 it will still be higher than what we finished last year with a number one class, FrPOY, and 2 seniors.

We will have to see how it shakes out on the court. We have a brand new team and a brand new coach. Pope is the least accomplished coach we have hired (pre UK success) so he has a lot to prove. So far, very impressed though.

Reactions: JASUN74
Aaron Torres said tonight when he releases his new way to early he will have KENTUCKY in at #15. He is releasing it by Friday.

Best Regards
Yep, because Pope lack of getting past the first round of the tournament is very well known

• Haha
Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
If Pope has an awful year, I will continue to support him. Starting late and all. he is going 24 / 7 right now and might be wore out by start of the season. lol
If Pope has a year like Cal last year, again supporting Pope.
If Pope has a way better to amazing year then icing on the Cake.
Pope wins Ship year 1 and you might as well rename Rupp Arena to The Cathedral and the court Pope's Place. lol

Best Regards
#32!?!?!?!

Think about it... That means "theoretically" we're good enough to win a game in the NCAA tournament!

There ya go....only on the job a couple of weeks and Coach Mark Pope is tracking better than Con-Man Cal and his 5 star, AAU/NBA farm team flame outs!

....AND the new HC still 3-4 roster spots to fill.

Give 'Em Hell Coach Pope! Good hunting!

GBB!

Son_Of_Saul presently has us at #23, but if we land Robinson, he has us all the way up to #16.
Let Saul know I agree and appreciate it. lol. I do really like Robinson and would definitely like to have him. Hope it works out. If not, there’s still a few big dogs we can go after I suppose. Hahaha. Fun times my friend.

• Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We have a bunch of better than average players. Yet to sign that alpha that can get to the rim at will. Maybe we will. Meanwhile, I think 25-30 sounds fair enough.

I think Amari Williams will make a bigger improvement in offensive efficiency than any other player we have coming in and is a candidate for being underrated by Barttorvik.

At Drexel, Williams took 40% of his shots from midrange and made them only 27% of the time. Those shots are actively discouraged by Pope. By virtue of taking less terrible shots, Williams should improve his TS% immensely. The change of system should make Williams a much better player.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT