ADVERTISEMENT

E60 on ESPN 2 major investigative report on UL

Wow. Makes Kentucky Shame look like a parking ticket.

I think a long time ago most of us with common sense knew that Tom Jurich was up to something. This school needs to be shut down for 2 years. Not for punishment but rather they need to get it together.

It’s amazing how over last 10 years UK has left UL behind as an institution.

UL needs two or three years to focus on institution without sports. It’s clear they can’t do both.

Wow. Makes Kentucky Shame look like a parking ticket.

I think a long time ago most of us with common sense knew that Tom Jurich was up to something. This school needs to be shut down for 2 years. Not for punishment but rather they need to get it together.

It’s amazing how over last 10 years UK has left UL behind as an institution.

UL needs two or three years to focus on institution without sports. It’s clear they can’t do both.
I don't think it's going to happen.. For sure the institution has taken some hits... Not to get into the weeds but I've heard comment form an academic, high level prospective student, and administrator.... None of the comments were singing the praises of UofL....

Even a work acquaintance of mine who is a UK hating, University Six grad said that the athletic department needed to be "burned to the ground and restarted from scratch".

Reactions: Rockford
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...owerhouse-only-watch-burn-amid-charges-excess

Wow. This is a total takedown of Louisville and Jurich by ESPN. That place is totally corrupt, rotting from the insider. The World-Wide Leader pulls back the rug to show all the dirt that was hidden.

All fan bases think their rival is corrupt, illegitimate, dirty, and criminal. Has any fan base ever been so vindicated, like BBN has? Everything we ever said about Jurich, Pitino and Louisville is true, and more true than we could have known.

Some quotes:

"Over the past 20 years, Jurich had built a sports empire on top of a midlevel commuter school near the Ohio River..."

"When Jurich came to Louisville from Colorado State in 1997, boosters took him and Terrilynn through campus. "She won't tell you this, but she started crying," Jurich says. Terrilynn had grown up in Wyoming, Jurich in Southern California. At Colorado State, where Jurich had been athletic director, the football stadium looked out on the Rockies. In Louisville, the Juriches found an industrial wasteland. The defining landmarks were a pair of silos, which stood between the campus and Interstate 65. "What did you get us into?" Terrilynn asked."

"I don't think Tom Jurich gets this, and I don't think Jim Ramsey got it," says state Rep. Jim Wayne, whose district includes parts of Louisville. "The University of Louisville is a state facility ... and it is not their kingdom. They are not the kings, and the princes, and the nobility in the kingdom. They're
temporary stewards of these programs. And instead of seeing this as something that they should be responsible for and hold high ethical standards as they execute their jobs, they're doing just the opposite."

Out of 125 FBS schools required to report financial data to the U.S. Department of Education, Louisville is the only one that derives more than half of its men's sports revenue from basketball, says Jonathan Jensen, a sports marketing professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Much of that revenue comes from a $238 million taxpayer-funded arena, the KFC Yum Center, which opened downtown in 2010 and has become a heavy burden on taxpayers. The lease was negotiated by Jurich and the arena authority. Under the terms, taxpayer contributions make up 75 percent of the arena's operating income while Louisville gets to keep most of the revenue -- an arrangement that "blew our mind," says state auditor Mike Harmon, whose office examined the arena's finances. "It was like, 'This is ridiculous.' It's like co-signing the loan for a friend's home and then having to pay three-fourths of the mortgage."

This expose is going to leave a seriously big mark that will last forever. That place is rotten to the core. Point blank period.

I don't think it's going to happen.. For sure the institution has taken some hits... Not to get into the weeds but I've heard comment form an academic, high level prospective student, and administrator.... None of the comments were singing the praises of UofL....
Not much new in the article, but one new thing for me was the Matt Jones apology thing. Jurich did try very hard to control the Louisville conversation, and seeming ly was fairly successful.

Me about to wander over to the U6 board for a dose of spin and delusion:

giphy.gif

Not much new in the article, but one new thing for me was the Matt Jones apology thing. Jurich did try very hard to control the Louisville conversation, and seeming ly was fairly successful.

Not much new to those of us who have been pointing much of this out (arena deal, etc.) for years, to deaf ears. Plenty new info for the casual sports fan.

I've not been on their Rivals board for awhile, I'm sure Zipp blames all their problems on LPT.

Gee, how will Jurich’s kids get a job now that Univ of Adidas has been disbanded? Any college that hires him should be deemed damaged goods going forward.

Reactions: awf
"I don't think Tom Jurich gets this, and I don't think Jim Ramsey got it. The University of Louisville is a state facility ... and it is not their kingdom. They are not the kings, and the princes, and the nobility in the kingdom. They're temporary stewards of these programs. And instead of seeing this as something that they should be responsible for and hold high ethical standards as they execute their jobs, they're doing just the opposite."

Rep. Jim Wayne hit it right on the head. Louisville fans think that the University belongs to TJ.

The fact that Turtleneck didn't communicate by text or email because "that can be used against you" tells you everything about his ethics. In spite of how a few loudmouthed, ignorant UK fans worshiped him, Turtleneck wasn't even a good, let alone great AD like they wanted to believe. He was nothing but a crooked sack of dung who gave his coaches the green light to do whatever was needed to be successful, whether it was signing discarded trash from other programs, hiring prostitutes for recruits, covering up a dead cheerleader in a football player's room, the beating of a football player, covering up the shooting of two football players and a cheerleader, to the actual paying of players to come to University Six. And certainly we can't forget that maybe Turtleneck's biggest "talent" was his financial "creativity". Hopefully, that creativity will land his ass in a prison jumpsuit one day.

When will the "negotiators" of the original Yum! lease be indicted and jailed?
They got to negotiate with themselves pretty much...
If it's a State School you'd think that someone out there in politics land would have raised an issue? But me thinks that while a politician might wear blue on game day, they really really really are all about supporting the green team $$$$$$$.

I hope Tard fans read this and understand what the perception of UL is outside the city- a ghetto commuter school which cheated and stole tax payer money to try to become nationally relevant in athletics. The result? A national punchline, and an embarrassment to the state.
This is the reality and the legacy Jurich and Pitino left Louisville. Smoke stacks to I-65 and millions unaccounted for with debt about to bankrupt the Yum Center. Quite a legacy there Sir John.

I recommend an annual surcharge on all UL fans. Say $1,000 per year until the debt is paid off.

Reactions: shep21754
I hope Tard fans read this and understand what the perception of UL is outside the city- a ghetto commuter school which cheated and stole tax payer money to try to become nationally relevant in athletics. The result? A national punchline, and an embarrassment to the state.
Head over to their scout board........ I assure you their delusions are quite comical. Some how through reality augmentation they have it that Katina Powell admitted to making it all up and that Pitino and Jurich were framed for everything and so forth.

And then you have the majority who dont care at all because UK is the boogey man and we're so vile and corrupt that it makes what they do OK. They cry and whine about having the facts in their case yet there is far far more evidence of what they did than their delusions about UK cheating. The hypocrites are getting what they deserve and their pain is delicious

this says it all.....a midlevel commuter school near the Ohio River

You have a dump for a house, you buy a Benz or Bentley or some elaborate thing to park in front of your dump ( ie, yum center, base ball fields and so on) but in the end you still have nothing but a dumpy house...jus sayin

Reactions: YouKay and USSLair
One wonders when the FBI will drop the big hammer.

Likely Never. All things that involve Uof6 were not criminal in nature just NCAA problems. That’s why the clearing of Brian Bowen from the FBI meant zilch to his playing career at UL or his eligibility to play college athletics. All the other problems at UL involving hiding money, extravagant bonuses and such would be a University issue and may even go to a Commonwealth issue but it will never be a federal case.

The one big quote from Jurich that really caught my attention was where he said he didn’t text or email bc he didn’t want that to be used against him. If you aren’t doing anything wrong, why worry about that. In my business, I deal with clients and communications all the time. I always have a paper trail so it can’t be used against me. Even if I do phone conversations I always follow up with an email.
Uof6 is shady shady

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT