ADVERTISEMENT

Durant to join Warriors per TheScore notification I got

This kind of trade just make the NBA even more boring. The Warriors will be the best team in the West three months before the season starts. Who cares about 82 games? I hope people stop attending the games and these rich bastards on the teams can't get the money to pay these huge contracts. I pray for it every night. Fuk Sports money
"Gracious God please help the sick, poor, and for people to stop going to nba games, amen "

Reactions: Orange Soda King
You gotta be kidding? You're comparing a high school kid who has option to pick a college with the best chance of making it to the NBA? Durant left a title contenders and jumped on 1 of 2 favorites to win title without him

"Gracious God please help the sick, poor, and for people to stop going to nba games, amen "
yes exactly! He never answers it! They just keep making more cash and we keep paying more to see them earn it. The consumer is the one getting screwed

This just ruined my day. I love KD for being his own man. But now he is just ruined his legacy no matter what happens. Bad move KD, with Oladipo you could've got over the Hump with Okc. Now even if he wins multiple titles it won't be because of him, it will be because of the team that already existed. He was my favorite player, back to the drawing board for me now.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My goodness the word legacy might the most overused word in sports

Reactions: pikespeak1
How does a top 5 player that almost beat GS punk out and join them. So odd. GS will be hated by all fans next year and Durant has always been a fan favorite and this hurts his "equity". I have no respect for these players that cannot win on their own and move to a team where it is so "easy" for them. Instant gratification generation. Only makes Jordan even more of an impressive all time best when players make these moves...
These players don't care about you or other fans respect

Durant was never considered the best player nor compared to Jordan.

Also, Wade and Bosh in 2010 were better than Curry and Thompson.

Lebron gets to jump to two different teams with stars and Durant chooses to not waste another year losing and now he's just as bad as Lebron?

73 wins mean nothing cobsidering they didn't win the title. Also Durant didn't create a prime time segment to watch his announcement and then say he was going to win 8 titles.
This Golden St team without Kd is clearly better than that Heat team if there was no Lebron. It's not just about Klay and Steph. There is also a guy named Draymond Green

You guys should switch to soap operas if you care more about who is friends with who than watching the product on the floor. Good grief.

A free agent took a one year deal to try and win a title with a great team. What do you think the other teams were pitching to him? What do you think we tell kids we're recruiting?

Lebron gets to jump to two different teams with stars and Durant chooses to not waste another year losing and now he's just as bad as Lebron?

73 wins mean nothing cobsidering they didn't win the title. Also Durant didn't create a prime time segment to watch his announcement and then say he was going to win 8 titles.

You've got lots of people Lebron supporters that like to believe he went back to Cleveland To "go home". They try to make the claim that he essentially was admitting a mistake or something.

He only went back because of the roster situation. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand it.

And hell I don't even hate Lebron.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
This kind of trade just make the NBA even more boring. The Warriors will be the best team in the West three months before the season starts. Who cares about 82 games? I hope people stop attending the games and these rich bastards that own the teams can't get the money to pay these huge contracts. I pray for it every night. Fuk Sports money. It's got way way out of hand. They need to quit charging $100 to $2000 to go watch a game so they can pay sorry ass bench players 15 million dollars a year. When does it stop? When we're paying $300 for a ticket and LeBron James makes $119 million a year?

I'd rather Mitch Barnhart get all the money. Good call.

You've got lots of people Lebron supporters that like to believe he went back to Cleveland To "go home". They try to make the claim that he essentially was admitting a mistake or something.

He only went back because of the roster situation. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand it.

You think he looked at that Cleveland roster and thought that was his best shot at rings?

Well I mean both could be true obviously he wouldn't have went back if the roster wasn't better than when he left but he had better options than the Cleveland roster at the time of his free agency

Reactions: pikespeak1
Remember how close the Cavs were to "blowing it up" they were down 3-1 to GS and had they lost in GS game 5 there was many rumors that Love had to go, heck even some rumors that Kyrie had to go around here. OKC also was 1 win away up 3-1 from going to the finals and you have to wonder would KD actually have gone to GS had they beat them or if GS won it all would GS have pushed so hard for KD.

It would take Ingram/Russell I think. Well worth it if you're the Lakers. Make a run at Blake Griffin or any of the studs in next year's FA class.

Westbrook will be a free agent next year and is going to leave now with KD gone they aren't going anywhere. The thing about a trade the Lakers would want to get a guarantee he will sign beyond this season. That will make him hard to trade to any team and get anything back equal. I could see the thunder trading for Russell and a draft pick straight up. With all. Indications this draft class will be stacked, might be best for them to go ahead and trade Westbrook and tank the season to get a top draft pick.

How does a top 5 player that almost beat GS punk out and join them. So odd. GS will be hated by all fans next year and Durant has always been a fan favorite and this hurts his "equity". I have no respect for these players that cannot win on their own and move to a team where it is so "easy" for them. Instant gratification generation. Only makes Jordan even more of an impressive all time best when players make these moves...
This Jordan worship is silly. He didn't win on his own. He had two other all stars, one of with was a top 50 player ever(at the time) the other possibly the greatest rebounder of all time.

You can't even compare this super team to those other super teams . This super team still big parts played together for a few seasons minus KD. Miami and Cleveland big 3 was their first season together and team was completely rebuilt during one year

You gotta be kidding? You're comparing a high school kid who has option to pick a college with the best chance of making it to the NBA? Durant left a title contenders and jumped on 1 of 2 favorites to win title without him

whats the difference? KD has put in his time and earned the right to choose where he wants to play. KD figures the best chance to achieve his dream of winning a title is with GSW... the high school kid has a choice to play at a place that will best help him achieve his dream of playing in the NBA.

This Jordan worship is silly. He didn't win on his own. He had two other all stars, one of with was a top 50 player ever(at the time) the other possibly the greatest rebounder of all time.

cleveland put nothing around LBJ...i dont hate on LBJ or KD for moving...its their choice. OKC did more for KD than the cavs did for LBJ before their moves.

This thread is hilarious. He's not winning anything in OKC and everyone knows it, c'mon.

The ONLY thing he can be possibly criticized for in this is if you think he has some obligation or loyalty to OKC which he doesn't. He's been there probably longer than most of you have been at your current employers. He said all along it would be a "basketball decision" and if you can remove your anti GS bias and look at it honestly, it's really a no brainer.

And heaven forbid an NBA thread is made around here without all the Lebron apologists chiming in and defending Lebrons decision to go to Miami. Here's why it's not the same...KD doesn't call himself "King", Doesn't try to redefine "valuable" in MVP when he doesn't win it, and isn't or never was or will be crowned by many as the GOAT, not even close.

Last edited:
I'm not sure GS is that much better with him. Even with the new cap they will have to give up a lot to pay those 4, even more in the next season or two. Looney, Iguodala and Livingston are under contract and likely stay...but the rest of the roster will turnover and I'm not sure that 7 is enough.

They will have to sign some serious scrubs to fill out that roster over the next couple seasons...and its because of the same cap that made this foursome possible...with the new cap who wants to sign a mid level exception or minimum deal when every average player and career backup are getting huge deals handed to them....this is the season to get paid, not chase a ring...and next year will be more of the same as the cap grows and they have to max out Curry and Durant at $200 mil each.

Durant is a better offensive weapon than Barnes, sure ... but defensively and rebounding this team will be much weaker... they are not going to have any proven size. I don't think 70+ wins or a title is guaranteed to them, not at all... In fact KD's inability to close out playoff games is why OKC failed...and it will be more difficult to fill that roster out than people are thinking about.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
He's not winning anything in OKC and everyone knows it, c'mon

disagree. been to finals once and blew a chance to get there this year. no telling how finals would have played out between OKC and Cavs.

He said all along it would be a "basketball decision" and if you can remove your anti GS bias and look at it honestly, it's really a no brainer.

valid point.

Reactions: Aike

Everything in this post is wrong. Your irrational hatred of Lebron is strong. Durant was never the best player? He was MVP two years ago. Wade and Bosh better? Is that some sort of joke? What about Green? 73 wins doesn't mean anything? Title or not they were better than the pre Lebron Heat. So its ok for Durant to leave cause he was tired of losing? Why the heck do you think Lebron left Cleveland? Honestly this is your worst post ever (imo). This is Louisville level delusion and spin.

Hope the Thunder add a good player and somehow knock them off in the west. That would be hilarious.

I'm not sure GS is that much better with him. Even with the new cap they will have to give up a lot to pay those 4, even more in the next season or two. Looney, Iguodala and Livingston are under contract and likely stay...but the rest of the roster will turnover and I'm not sure that 7 is enough.

They will have to sign some serious scrubs to fill out that roster over the next couple seasons...and its because of the same cap that made this foursome possible...with the new cap who wants to sign a mid level exception or minimum deal when every average player and career backup are getting huge deals handed to them....this is the season to get paid, not chase a ring...and next year will be more of the same as the cap grows and they have to max out Curry and Durant at $200 mil each.

Durant is a better offensive weapon than Barnes, sure ... but defensively and rebounding this team will be much weaker... they are not going to have any proven size. I don't think 70+ wins or a title is guaranteed to them, not at all... In fact KD's inability to close out playoff games is why OKC failed...and it will be more difficult to fill that roster out than people are thinking about.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/GSW.html
They are a lot better and the team isn't finished some guys could take less money to join them. Now you can't double team anyone In that lineup like they did when Harrison Barnes was bricking the last 3 games of the finals

Everything in this post is wrong. Your irrational hatred of Lebron is strong. Durant was never the best player? He was MVP two years ago. Wade and Bosh better? Is that some sort of joke? What about Green? 73 wins doesn't mean anything? Title or not they were better than the pre Lebron Heat. So its ok for Durant to leave cause he was tired of losing? Why the heck do you think Lebron left Cleveland? Honestly this is your worst post ever (imo). This is Louisville level delusion and spin.

No one has ever said Durant was the best player in the NBA. That has been Lebron for years.

Wade and Bosh were fading and breaking down, which is why Lebron packed up and attached himself to a team with some young stars.

So it's no issue for Lebron to leave a team who just lost in the finals but it's a big deal when Durant, who has only been to one NBA finals, to leave for a chance at a ring? Despite the Thunder never winning one?

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Here is where Durant and Lebron differ for me. Durant had prices around him to win a championship. He had another top 10 guy in the NBA with him. Lebron had Big Z. Lebron had no shit at winning a title his first go around in Cleveland because he had garbage around him. Jordan and Durant had another great player with them. Imo, this is 10 times worse than James going to Miami.
Agreed. It's not even close.

Do yourself a favor...fill your tub with ice and put your ads in it....that ish is huuuurt.

Put LeBron with any team in the east and they're in the finals....put him with any team any where. Imagibe if he played with Westbrook. I guess if your going to claim Lebron goes to team with stars let's talk about how MJ couldn't win shit without pippen..Ever. Then he even had to bring in Rodman. I mean hell I remember Jordan missing 20 shots and having only 1 rebound and assist in the "shot game"...hell if the great one would have passed the ball one damn time he wouldn't have had to worry about...sounds like Scottie probably carried the load anyway.

The decision things. This is when I know I'm talking to someone who has reached the ultimate levels of butthurt.

TV producers: "Hey lebron, your the biggest athlete in the world, would you decide on television it would be huge ratings, also to get you incentive, you know because viewers are complete idiots they'll think you just called us up and asked to be on TV, advertisers will pay millions in your choice of charity"

Hillbilly: "that Der LeBron on TV I'm so mad look at him making all the money for charity hes so about himself I think I know him personally and I'm so mad...but really it's because I'm desperate, I'm so desperate that I'm either completely dumb and think lebron contracted a prime time show for himself, or I'm just so desperate I have to find something to hate.

Sorry, man...it's okay it's 1 thing to not like the guy as a player, but to deny anything just keeps getting more laughable by the day to everyone...or at least those that know something about basketball.

I still don't understand people's butt hurt about that.
I think if you don't see why that was such an douche move I don't have the inclination to even try to explain it to you. The only thing I do know is that we don't need to have anything to do with each other.

This just ruined my day. I love KD for being his own man. But now he is just ruined his legacy no matter what happens. Bad move KD, with Oladipo you could've got over the Hump with Okc. Now even if he wins multiple titles it won't be because of him, it will be because of the team that already existed. He was my favorite player, back to the drawing board for me now.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever think he doesn't care how people he doesn't give a shit about define his legacy?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT