ADVERTISEMENT

Durant to join Warriors per TheScore notification I got

Lot of people downplaying how good Thompson is in this thread. Basically carried GSW to the finals and was the guy who really showed up when they were down 3-1 to the Thunder. Durant pretty much disappeared in crunch time of those games while Thompson was hitting shot after shot to send him home. Also add that Thompson is a better defensive player than either Curry or KD.

Pretty weak move by Durant IMO. They will likely win a championship or two but they will always have a stigma attached to them in the eyes of a lot of fans.

Reactions: mhap8704
Lot of people downplaying how good Thompson is in this thread. Basically carried GSW to the finals and was the guy who really showed up when they were down 3-1 to the Thunder. Durant pretty much disappeared in crunch time of those games while Thompson was hitting shot after shot to send him home. Also add that Thompson is a better defensive player than either Curry or KD.

Pretty weak move by Durant IMO. They will likely win a championship or two but they will always have a stigma attached to them in the eyes of a lot of fans.

This plays in UK's favor for recruiting in my opinion. No different than what we do at UK. This adds another team to the list that Cal can look to in order to sell recruits on teaming up with other greats to achieve great things.

So if people still shit on LeBron even today for joining the Heat, what does Durant get for jumping ship to a 73 win team that he could not defeat head to head in the playoffs with a 3-1 lead?

I must have missed the hour long special on Durant's decision.

Lame move by Durant...hate all you want on LeBron, but he stepped up and won a title in Cleveland against all the odds. I kinda liked KD before, but if he signs with GSW and wins a title, I will consider this move 10X worse than what LeBron did. KD might get his coveted ring, but his legacy will take a deserved hit. Couldn't cheer for GSW this season because of Green...KD's puss move has given me further reason to hope anyone but GS wins the title for as long as he's there.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

image_zps91m6ow5f.png

Some of you people have to understand that Matt Jones said Kentucky fans need to root for Lebron. That's all some of these people can see.

Durant going to Oakland is nothing like Lebron leaving TWICE for star studded teams.

Your up 3-1 and you lose to that team then go to that team that won 73 games...........wow.

At least when LeBron left he lost in the 2nd round because he had to do it all because all of his teammates were not very good and he felt forced to leave.

This sucks. So glad the Cavs won the title last year because that will be the last one the Cavs win.

You have to wonder if LeBron will feel pressure now to leave again after they lose next year.

Reactions: mhap8704
green shot 39% from 3 last year, and has always had extreme basketball intelligence

iguodala won't start, but his ability to drive & kick is like having another high level point guard on the floor

oh and then curry is the greatest shooter in the history of the sport, thompson is probably top 5 (and maybe 2nd), and durant is a career 27 ppg scorer on 38% shooting from 3 going from playing with a pseudo-1 ballstopper to a team that defines pace and space

this will be the best offensive team ever put on the floor. four guys you have to run off the line, all of whom are borderline top 10 players in league

you need two jordans, two pippens, and nerlens noel to guard them

I have no issue with this. I did with Lebron in 2010 in Miami, but not when he formed his second super team in Cleveland. It's the way of the NBA now for stars to team up...so no issue with this. The Super Team got Lebron 3 titles, including a legacy cementing one in Cleveland, so this probably helps get Durant a pair, and Curry his 2nd and 3rd. The Warriors still have to beat a couple of legit teams to make the finals to get to the Cavs, unlike the Cavs in the cupcake east, so the playoffs will still be compelling.

Cavs aren't getting past the Celtics next season.

Durant going to Oakland is nothing like Lebron leaving TWICE for star studded teams.

right, lebron going back to cleveland after they'd made the playoffs zero times in his absence is far more craven than durant joining a team that went 73-9 and was a draymond green nut punch away from back to back titles

and matt jones informs respective opinions of lebron and durant more than either player himself

please explain something else to me i'm learning so much

Your up 3-1 and you lose to that team then go to that team that won 73 games...........wow.

At least when LeBron left he lost in the 2nd round because he had to do it all because all of his teammates were not very good and he felt forced to leave.

This sucks. So glad the Cavs won the title last year because that will be the last one the Cavs win.

You have to wonder if LeBron will feel pressure now to leave again after they lose next year.

Why leave? Stick with the Cavs. You get to the NBA finals each year with ease and got a shot in the finals regardless. You don't change teams just because you don't win the title every year or every other year.

the lebron haters should be rejoicing, really. the 73-9 team he took down just added durant

pretty good indication of how unhinged these people are, honestly

Reactions: Mike-D
Lame move by Durant...hate all you want on LeBron, but he stepped up and won a title in Cleveland against all the odds. I kinda liked KD before, but if he signs with GSW and wins a title, I will consider this move 10X worse than what LeBron did. KD might get his coveted ring, but his legacy will take a deserved hit. Couldn't cheer for GSW this season because of Green...KD's puss move has given me further reason to hope anyone but GS wins the title for as long as he's there.
Lebron did the same thing when joining the heat.

RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas 21s22 seconds ago
Documentation is imperfect, but Vegas old-timers can't recall a bigger NBA Title favorite this time of year than Warriors -125 vs Field.

Reactions: jimjeffries
So many Durant apologists lol.. Spin it however you want, in Stephen A. Smith words "weakest move ever by a superstar" .. Joining a historic team that went 73-9 without you, who you should have beat had you not choked and been able to close out with 3 chances after getting up 3-1 .. Then join them! & After what he said about tired of being #2, after what he said in that tweet about everybody joining heat & Lakers..

GS will have to shrink its bench which was a big reason it was so good last year. When Bogut went down they collapsed to the Cavs and he has to go now and Barnes too. Having three high volume scorers with similar skills will take some learning to play together. Super teams have, so far, never won it all in their first year (see Miami and. Cleveland...).....and this is a one year deal in many ways

I think it boils down to KD desperately wanting to win a Title. You can understand that too. He isn't getting any younger and the NBA is a tough grind. Maybe he saw GS as the best hope he had to reach his goal? One thing is certain, the Warriors (I'm not a fan) just got a lot better.

LeBron went to a 47 win Heat team that couldn't make it out of the 1st round. KD joins a 73 win GS team that was up 3-1 in the finals that has the 2 time back to back unanimous MVP.

I just never thought Durant would leave that team and not give OKC 1 more year after being up 3-1.

Oh well.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Lebron did the same thing when joining the heat.
Exactly...and it was a lame move, and Durant should receive equal or worse critcism. At least LeBron left a crap team...Durant is leaving because he couldn't get it done despite having a great lineup around him.

right, lebron going back to cleveland after they'd made the playoffs zero times in his absence is far more craven than durant joining a team that went 73-9 and was a draymond green nut punch away from back to back titles

and matt jones informs respective opinions of lebron and durant more than either player himself

please explain something else to me i'm learning so much
They had just signed kevin love and already had Kyrie Irving. Cake walk to the finals every year. But they didn't make me playoffs before that.... Which means NOTHING

They had just signed kevin love and already had Kyrie Irving. Cake walk to the finals every year. But they didn't make me playoffs before that.... Which means NOTHING

False on Love, but please tell us more lol. And you're certainly not talking about the Kyrie Irving that this board calls overrated on a daily basis are you?

False on Love, but please tell us more lol. And you're certainly not talking about the Kyrie Irving that this board calls overrated on a daily basis are you?
You're taking this boards advice on who is overrated now? I shouldn't argue with someone so gullible

I know it seems unfair or whatever, but really as Kentucky fans, if we're being honest, we are all for having a ridiculously good team with all stars (2015 season). How can we change our opinion on win at almost all costs just because it's not our team?

Exactly...and it was a lame move, and Durant should receive equal or worse critcism. At least LeBron left a crap team...Durant is leaving because he couldn't get it done despite having a great lineup around him.
Times are changing. Teams need to adapt. Loser franchises don't stand a chance unfortunately

LOL....I hear ya! "Kyrie can't defend", "Kyrie benefitted from being a Dukie because he's not a star", "Love is a good player but definitely not a super star", "Love couldn't guard a fence post", "Love is soft"....I could go on, but it would be more of the same. Funny how they were considered bums when a GS title seemed inevitable, but after Cleveland wins it, they are studs in the same mold as Curry, Thompson, and/or Green.

This kind of trade just make the NBA even more boring. The Warriors will be the best team in the West three months before the season starts. Who cares about 82 games? I hope people stop attending the games and these rich bastards that own the teams can't get the money to pay these huge contracts. I pray for it every night. Fuk Sports money. It's got way way out of hand. They need to quit charging $100 to $2000 to go watch a game so they can pay sorry ass bench players 15 million dollars a year. When does it stop? When we're paying $300 for a ticket and LeBron James makes $119 million a year?

Reactions: dckala2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT