ADVERTISEMENT

Durant to join Warriors per TheScore notification I got

Marc SteinESPN Senior Writer
stein_marc_m.jpg

Kevin Durant will sign a two-year deal with the Warriors at $54.3 million, league sources say, with a Player Option for Year 2

Now is the time unless he commits to staying after next year. Could get a load for him.

Doubtful he commits to anything now. I can see the Lakers rolling the dice that he'll stick around and offering up D'Angelo+ for him.

So if people still shit on LeBron even today for joining the Heat, what does Durant get for jumping ship to a 73 win team that he could not defeat head to head in the playoffs with a 3-1 lead?
This move certainly will keep the talking heads busy for a while.[winking]

Doubtful he commits to anything now. I can see the Lakers rolling the dice that he'll stick around and offering up D'Angelo+ for him.

It would take Ingram/Russell I think. Well worth it if you're the Lakers. Make a run at Blake Griffin or any of the studs in next year's FA class.

Wasn't expecting this......4 all stars, 2 of those being MVP winners. Greatest collection of talent ever?

So much for wanting to be #1 huh..he should get more ish than LeBron..heat weren't proven, Warriors won championship, oh & he is clearly #2 maybe #3 on warriors behind curry & thompson.

A healthy Durant will be their best all around player, imo.

I understand people ranking Curry ahead, but it's far from clear.

Reactions: pikespeak1
This just ruined my day. I love KD for being his own man. But now he is just ruined his legacy no matter what happens. Bad move KD, with Oladipo you could've got over the Hump with Okc. Now even if he wins multiple titles it won't be because of him, it will be because of the team that already existed. He was my favorite player, back to the drawing board for me now.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does a top 5 player that almost beat GS punk out and join them. So odd. GS will be hated by all fans next year and Durant has always been a fan favorite and this hurts his "equity". I have no respect for these players that cannot win on their own and move to a team where it is so "easy" for them. Instant gratification generation. Only makes Jordan even more of an impressive all time best when players make these moves...

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It would take Ingram/Russell I think. Well worth it if you're the Lakers. Make a run at Blake Griffin or any of the studs in next year's FA class.

I wouldn't trade both of those guys for what might be a 1 year rental of Westbrook.

I would probably trade Russell and Randle.

I wouldn't trade both of those guys for what might be a 1 year rental of Westbrook.

I would probably trade Russell and Randle.

I meant if he'd give them the go ahead that he'd re-sign like Love did with Cavs.

So if people still shit on LeBron even today for joining the Heat, what does Durant get for jumping ship to a 73 win team that he could not defeat head to head in the playoffs with a 3-1 lead?

Durant was never considered the best player nor compared to Jordan.

Also, Wade and Bosh in 2010 were better than Curry and Thompson.

Lebron gets to jump to two different teams with stars and Durant chooses to not waste another year losing and now he's just as bad as Lebron?

73 wins mean nothing cobsidering they didn't win the title. Also Durant didn't create a prime time segment to watch his announcement and then say he was going to win 8 titles.

I meant if he'd give them the go ahead that he'd re-sign like Love did with Cavs.

Yeah, but that's a dangerous game. Also, if I'm Westbrook I might not stay in L.A. without Ingram being there.

Lebron gets to jump to two different teams with stars and Durant chooses to not waste another year losing and now he's just as bad as Lebron?

73 wins mean nothing cobsidering they didn't win the title. Also Durant didn't create a prime time segment to watch his announcement and then say he was going to win 8 titles.

The gymnastics some of you have to do to maintain your hate-on for LeBron is amazing.

How does a top 5 player that almost beat GS punk out and join them. So odd. GS will be hated by all fans next year and Durant has always been a fan favorite and this hurts his "equity". I have no respect for these players that cannot win on their own and move to a team where it is so "easy" for them. Instant gratification generation. Only makes Jordan even more of an impressive all time best when players make these moves...
Here is where Durant and Lebron differ for me. Durant had peices around him to win a championship. He had another top 10 guy in the NBA with him. Lebron had Big Z. Lebron had no shot at winning a title his first go around in Cleveland because he had garbage around him. Jordan and Durant had another great player with them. Imo, this is 10 times worse than James going to Miami.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's a dangerous game. Also, if I'm Westbrook I might not stay in L.A. without Ingram being there.

Yea I was merely saying what it would probably take to get him. There will be a ton of teams bidding for him. I personally hopes he stays in OKC long term but don't see it.

False.

You obviously hate LeBron.

Lebron had garbage around him in Cleveland, absolute garbage. The fact he took them to the Finals was a miracle. Durant has a guy named Westbrook in his team and bolted. I'm not a fan of either move, but I don't blame Lebron for leaving for Miami. It was pathetic what they tried to surround him with.

Not true

Here is where Durant and Lebron differ for me. Durant had prices around him to win a championship. He had another top 10 guy in the NBA with him. Lebron had Big Z. Lebron had no shit at winning a title his first go around in Cleveland because he had garbage around him. Jordan and Durant had another great player with them. Imo, this is 10 times worse than James going to Miami.

You conveniently ignore Lebron's jump to Cleveland once he thought Wade and Bosh were fading.

Second, Durant has had Westbrook as his teammate and is not a title contender. Don't put a ton of stock into this previous season. They had that same squad before and didn't do a damn thing and they weren't winning next year against Golden State. Lebron gets a GD pass to the finals every year because of being in the East. The Thunder and Durant did not.

He won't get nearly as much backlash as LeBron, people love to hate LBJ.
Agreed that KD sold himself for a championship. If he holds a press conference announcing it, then a pep rally declaring he will win multiple championships he should catch much more ish than LeBron.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Yeah. Big no. You can argue that Curry has become so unique that he might be #1 for what the Warriors do, but even that becomes questionable now. If Curry is a unicorn, then Durant could be a unicorn on steroids. Draymond Green might average 12 assists a game now.

The Lakers' fans on this board should love this, BTW. Much easier for them to make the big pitch to Westbrook next year about coming home and being Kobe 2.0.

You conveniently ignore Lebron's jump to Cleveland once he thought Wade and Bosh were fading.

Second, Durant has had Westbrook as his teammate and is not a title contender. Don't put a ton of stock into this previous season. They had that same squad before and didn't do a damn thing and they weren't winning next year against Golden State. Lebron gets a GD pass to the finals every year because of being in the East. The Thunder and Durant did not.

How much bullsh*t can one person spew? His jump to Cleveland? He went back to a team that hadn't made the playoffs since his departure. A team that only had Irving, who this board maintains is severely overrated, and has just made one of the worst #1 draft picks of all time in Bennett. Let's not act like he was going to contender. Hell, they weren't even an also ran. They were deplorable.

And OKC wasn't a contender? What bs. Let's play your game and throw out this past season. Shouldn't you also have to throw out the 2 seasons before that? You know, the seasons where Durant missed a good portion of it because of a foot injury, and Westbrook missed the playoffs because of a knee?

Not a title contender? They went to the NBA finals once and were up 3-1 this year on the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals. I would consider that a title contender. There is zero comparison between the talent Durant had around him compared to what Kebron had around him.

As for Lebron going back to Cleveland, it's pretty obvious he went back to being a title to his city because they finally had at least one player that could help him get there.

You don't like Lebron, which is fine, but just come out and say, I hate Lebron so regardless of what Durant does, I will always think what Lebron did was worse.

he isn't #1, & won't be on that team. Curry is a 2 time MVP & champion for them. & honestly way better accolades than Durant to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT