ADVERTISEMENT

Dunbar principal

Jun 2, 2005
Started his PAID suspension Nov 1. I think he is going to make it almost a full year with paid suspension. Now he is suing bunch of Fayette County school people šŸ˜.

Gotta think thereā€™s some real bad stuff out there on him.

Doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not right to fight. Itā€™s being handled about as bad as it could be.

I don't understand that he has never been told what accusations have been made, but says that the accusations are defamatory. If he doesn't know what he is accused of, how can he complain about what he is accused of. Doesn't sound like he has actually been accused of anything yet. I get that he doesn't like being on paid leave (I would love to be on paid leave) but it is unclear to me (other than someone he is not suing saying he was a bully) what he did, or is accused of doing, and why he is on leave.

Reactions: Girthang
Part of it is how he was attached to the suicide in the original press release. Has it been two separate releases there wouldnā€™t be an issue against the communications lady. As it was, it read as the suicide and the suspension were connected. Not sure how well that would hold up in court.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
What is the official justification from FCPS on withholding from the public the reasoning for his suspension? Is there an on ongoing investigation of some sort? They need to interview a handful of staff and/or parents & students? Seems like 3 months is more than adequate time to perform those tasks.

Have they been just biding time waiting for the school year to end so the fallout is less of a disruption? Or perhaps now they are scared of litigation?

What is the official FCPS word on that?

Heā€™s gonna try his luck at the golden ticket of racism. Donā€™t have to prove anything just make the accusations and fluff it with some I felt I wasnā€™t treated the same ect ect and see if the school will reach out with an undisclosed settlement

I don't understand that he has never been told what accusations have been made, but says that the accusations are defamatory. If he doesn't know what he is accused of, how can he complain about what he is accused of. Doesn't sound like he has actually been accused of anything yet. I get that he doesn't like being on paid leave (I would love to be on paid leave) but it is unclear to me (other than someone he is not suing saying he was a bully) what he did, or is accused of doing, and why he is on leave.

There is a lot of this going on right now all over the country. As an example I can think of, an agent of the fbi (maybe) has been working for 6M without a paycheck. The agency is withholding his money, but hasn't fired or accused of anything. There are no write ups or legal proceedings against him. They're just trying to make him quit.

A hospital did something similar to a doctor over something to do with covid. Didn't fire him. No write ups or misconduct. No charges or legal proceedings anywhere. Tried to get his license revoked but had no cause.

It's a very passive aggressive way to do things so that the dirt can't be made public like it would be if there was a formal suit.

I know no inside info about this situation, so I don't know if it's similar. I just know there's a lot of weird dealings in the work place these days.

What is the official justification from FCPS on withholding from the public the reasoning for his suspension? Is there an on ongoing investigation of some sort? They need to interview a handful of staff and/or parents & students? Seems like 3 months is more than adequate time to perform those tasks.

Have they been just biding time waiting for the school year to end so the fallout is less of a disruption? Or perhaps now they are scared of litigation?

My friends have kids there and would love to know more than rumors and such.

As a former member of the press, I can tell your matters of personnel are not public record if discussed in executive session.

Even if an employee is dismissed or suspended with cause, the entity isnā€™t required to disclose details to the public, only that ____ has been terminated/suspended.

As a former member of the press, I can tell your matters of personnel are not public record if discussed in executive session.

Even if an employee is dismissed or suspended with cause, the entity isnā€™t required to disclose details to the public, only that ____ has been terminated/suspended.

This is almost surely it. Can't just publicly release contents of personnel files without the subject's consent.

Enablers like you are the problem.
b07e5d27509d694f430f2b171a6d45ad--glitter-gif-quotes-images.jpg

Obviously that would change if laws were broken & there was an arrest. That doesnā€™t appear to be the case here. Which means more likely itā€™s the bully angle or even the racial angle that was suggested earlier in this thread. If itā€™s the later it will be an uphill battle for the school/FCPS. Not to mention the fact that the race hustlers will descend upon Lextown with a quickness. The NAACP is already involved over the press release issues.

This is going to be a hot mess for sure.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Well, looked like I was right that he would make it a full year of paid suspension. Contract is terminated as of June 30:

Still apparently nothing about the cause for the move. Saw in another story it was likely that info will remain under wraps. Interesting considering there is the ongoing suit which is typically public info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT