ADVERTISEMENT

Duke loses McCain and Filipowski

Duke fans might start experiencing some of the frustrations we've had the last few years. I know there were already restless fans going into this year's tournament. The run to the Elite Eight probably assuaged some of that but maybe not considering they got beat by a conference opponent who was a #11 seed.

• Haha
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96

To this point they are losing McCain, Filipowski, Mitchell and unless he takes advantage of his covid year Roach. Most of the bench guys aren't going to start over the incoming freshmen.
Foster and Proctor will start, and I believe there will be a portal addition at the 4. That leaves Flagg and Khaman Maluach as the only freshman starters and Maluach has already been playing against grown men so to me, not the same as a true high school player. Of course this is all JMO and may not be 100% correct. We’ll see. We have a long time to wait and see what happens now.

Couldn't even make a final four with most of their team back this past season from year before. Rat JR is gonna end up being a dud.
Kind of early to say dud. Won the conference his first year and made the elite 8 second year. Any rookie coach would take that I think. Will he end up winning a title or making a final four? Who knows yet? Houston, unc, Auburn, Tenn, also couldn’t make a final four with what they had. It’s hard. But you already know that

McCain is the real deal
McCain is an elite shooter. Was absolutely the real deal. I really liked what I saw from Darren Harris their '24 signee. Taller and equally as good of a shooter.

They upgraded by losing Filipowski IMO. He was slow/not tough but also not athletic and while skilled he didn't show up in big games. I actually thought he may need the Portal because I don't see any future long term for him in the NBA as he currently plays. He doesn't bring one attribute that speaks to staying in the NBA.

McCain is an elite shooter. Was absolutely the real deal. I really liked what I saw from Darren Harris their '24 signee. Taller and equally as good of a shooter.

They upgraded by losing Filipowski IMO. He was slow/not tough but also not athletic and while skilled he didn't show up in big games. I actually thought he may need the Portal because I don't see any future long term for him in the NBA as he currently plays. He doesn't bring one attribute that speaks to staying in the NBA.
Harris has looked great. I think he is way under ranked. Not sure how he will be defensively but can definitely score

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Mitchell is transferring too.. proctor is staying (lol at Duke fans thinking this guy was the next big thing lmfao).. that just leaves Roach. Who I imagine is coming back.

But meh, that's a very young team next year and they didn't really do shit with their recruits this year. Just got bailed out a ton on the tournament.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Mitchell is transferring too.. proctor is staying (lol at Duke fans thinking this guy was the next big thing lmfao).. that just leaves Roach. Who I imagine is coming back.

But meh, that's a very young team next year and they didn't really do shit with their recruits this year. Just got bailed out a ton on the tournament.
Roach has been playing since the Harrison twins were here. At least it feels that way.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Shania Twain wrote a lyric about Jon Scheyer.

"He don't impress me much"

What dues did he pay as a head basketball coach? None. What experiences did he learn from as a HC that were his before coming to Duke? None. He started coaching career after the ball was hit over the fence, not before it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT