ADVERTISEMENT

Duke loses another player

Sean Stewart just left . Stewart becomes the 7th Duke player to hit the portal this offseason, joining Jeremy Roach, Mark Mitchell, Jaylen Blakes, TJ Power, Christian Reeves and Jaden Schutt. Thy are screwed but several so called experts still have them 1 to start the season

Their phenomenal, #1 recruiting class is likely a reason they are losing some of those players, especially Roach. I’d say they rotate about 8 players during games. So, they’ll need to pick up a few portal players if some of the transfers don’t return.

Sean Stewart just left . Stewart becomes the 7th Duke player to hit the portal this offseason, joining Jeremy Roach, Mark Mitchell, Jaylen Blakes, TJ Power, Christian Reeves and Jaden Schutt. Thy are screwed but several so called experts still have them 1 to start the season
That is because they still have the Great White Hype Flagg coming in.

Their phenomenal, #1 recruiting class is likely a reason they are losing some of those players, especially Roach. I’d say they rotate about 8 players during games. So, they’ll need to pick up a few portal players if some of the transfers don’t return.
What I'm hearing is we should poach Duke's best recruiter – someone we've never heard of before – and watch chaos unfold.

Scheyer is just like Coach K where he plays 6 guys regularly and the 7th man is if there is foul trouble. He don't go much deeper than that.

Last edited:
What in the world is up with men wanting to feminize themselves?
Problem Husband GIF by BabylonBee

except at Duke 🤣

Scheyer played them like they were walkons. I’m waiting for what’s going on at Duke headlines from the media who would be all over UK if that happened here.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
When “the Brotherhood” turns into “the Buyerhood”. This is going to happen at an increasing rate everywhere though.

Reactions: natchezrule
Glad to see it somewhere else. Especially Duke. The model of one and done freshmen is becoming extinct. Unless you have an AD or Carmelo , championships aren’t happening.

Reactions: natchezrule
They are gonna load up on portal wings
That’s the plan. What I’m hearing is Stewart told the staff if they bring in more players at his position, he was gone. Sounds like Malik Brown is coming in and that’s an upgrade. And as you said, targeting more wings. You cant let players give you ultimatums or you have turned the team over to them. Loyalty is gone. You better use the portal to get age and experience or you get left behind.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That’s the plan. What I’m hearing is Stewart told the staff if they bring in more players at his position, he was gone. Sounds like Malik Brown is coming in and that’s an upgrade. And as you said, targeting more wings. You cant let players give you ultimatums or you have turned the team over to them. Loyalty is gone. You better use the portal to get age and experience or you get left behind.
Yeah I saw Gillis and the Stanford guy linked with you all

Reactions: Blueheart32
This is planned with many of these guys. Once Proctor returned, no way Roach was coming back. Proctor/Foster with Harris replacing McCain's role in the backcourt and they have some roster spots open---then frontcourt has reinforcements coming but all young right now-but they had Maliq Brown of Syracuse visit--underrated player--and they are on Mason Gillis of Purdue which makes less sense to me seeing he was a corner/3pt spot shooter around a traditional big man and that's not how Duke plays/will play with Flagg.

I don't like Isaiah Evans game as much as CBB media and Duke fans-think he's a one trick player and if he's not making shots provides nothing.

Also heard Flagg kind of hinted at the type of roster he wanted to play with and that "hint" was taken to heart by Duke Staff.

I'll just point out again how rankings/fanboy-ing in the media are laughable. Take you back to Nike Hoop Summit in '22 and Duke got early commitments from Mackenzie Mgbako and Tyrese Proctor and you'd have thought they just landed the most amazing players of all time. They bragged how Sean Stewart a hard playing "tweener" who isn't skilled enough to play stretch basketball but isn't tall enough factor on the block was locked up. Mgbako was dumped by them, Proctor reclassified and has been a bust--they can say what they want but he's been a very overrated guy at best--and Stewart is in the portal.

They are hitting re-set and will be interesting to see how they move forward with more minutes to offer.

I would imagine this is trimming the fat. Make room for the elite freshmen and fill in the gaps with portal guys who are improvements over what they have now.

Don’t see Scheyer building them into a serious contender next year with a basically completely new team, many of them freshmen. Cal was barely doing it with 30 years experience. Good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT