ADVERTISEMENT

Duke 1 and done in ACC tournament

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker

Go Tomb Stone GIF - Go Tomb Stone Val GIFs

Will be interesting to see how Scheyer handles a team full of freshman next year. Everyone thinks they will be a juggernaut next year with that class coming in but I don't think they will be.
As a class remains to be seen but I’m afraid cooper flagg will be the real deal and have a hell of a season.

Will be interesting to see how Scheyer handles a team full of freshman next year. Everyone thinks they will be a juggernaut next year with that class coming in but I don't think they will be.
They will have the talent but will he be able to get them to defend and run his stuff? It took Cal all year to get us on point and he’s been doing it 15 years. I agree without “Flip” flop it will be tough.

IF Duke could have made a run in the tournament.. then we would hold on Scheyer.

But this is a bad look for him. Duke wasn't tested all ACC except two games against UNC and they failed both. They needed to get to the ACCT Final if they wanted to get any sort of credit.

Instead they lose to NCstate on the opening night and they never really felt on the game. This is eye opening on Scheyer IMO. If next year's class isn't in the elite8 and beating UNC at least once, his seat will heat up.

Duke does not look good.

They’ll probably meet Kansas in the title game lol

IF Duke could have made a run in the tournament.. then we would hold on Scheyer.

But this is a bad look for him. Duke wasn't tested all ACC except two games against UNC and they failed both. They needed to get to the ACCT Final if they wanted to get any sort of credit.

Instead they lose to NCstate on the opening night and they never really felt on the game. This is eye opening on Scheyer IMO. If next year's class isn't in the elite8 and beating UNC at least once, his seat will heat up.
I could see Duke being patient with him, he's had solid teams and good regular seasons, they knew hiring a first time head coach there had to be growing pains. Hopefully that's good news for us and he can never deliver and gives them 5 or so solid but unspectacular years with no tournament success.

I could see Duke being patient with him, he's had solid teams and good regular seasons, they knew hiring a first time head coach there had to be growing pains. Hopefully that's good news for us and he can never deliver and gives them 5 or so solid but unspectacular years with no tournament success.

For sure.

When I said "hold" I meant that in the sense of stocks. Not gonna buy or sell on Scheyer, just that he's a hold for now. We didn't see a BAD Duke his first two years.. but didn't see a very good one either. I do think he's so young that this could take a while. Heck he may get fired, go coach elsewhere to grow, and come back when he's 50 lol.

Reactions: ganner918
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT