ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Davis Returning to UNC

HeelVol may I kindly step in and answer that? Its a DIG! Lol.

And poor saxonburgcat so mad right now he prob won’t get a bit of sleep tonight; him so well spoken though.

Goodnight…🌙💤
I knew that but was encouraging him to reconsider that thought process. OAD King brought his "look at me" show to Fayetteville and Pope comes home to restore pride in the program....and yet UNC should be made fun of for RJ returning? It's like he's not self-aware of how the program has been in turmoil for its focus on winning recruiting championships.

Only at UNC.
Maybe Coach Pope can turn Travis Perry into a 4-5 year UK player, multi-year starter who takes pride in his college program. Or do you still want a revolving door where UK is an afterthought...in favor to the NBA? (Shaedon Sharpe says hello btw).

Last edited:
Reactions: member-chewy
All you can do is laugh at that program, worst cheaters in college basketball and continue to keep good players longer than any other school could. What’s another asterisk, they have no shame.
Yeah, those good for nothing Tar Heels love to keep their players.

Even Seth Trimble who went into the portal is returning. He loves UNC just like his brother JP Tokoto.

Can't say the same for Kevin Knox and Karter Knox. It's not at all about Kentucky. They were all about Calipari.

I knew that but was encouraging him to reconsider that thought process. OAD King brought his "look at me" show to Fayetteville and Pope comes home to restore pride in the program....and yet UNC should be made fun of for RJ returning? It's like he's not self-aware of how the program has been in turmoil for its focus on winning recruiting championships.
I know, silly right? Why bring such unnecessary attention to yourselves trying to demean other teams when their whole entire team quit-their entire recruiting class quit-and their HOF Coach also quit! Damn! All this mess and yet they clown RJ Davis returning to UNC…wtf!

It may take him a minute but I believe Coach Pope got this. But if not he’ll prob be forced out mid-season next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeelVol
Harrison Barnes had the dubious distinction of being 1st team preseason AA team TWICE and ending the season not on any of the AA teams in 2010 and second team 2011. Hilarious.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I have an issue.

Help me here.

COVID canceled tournament in 2020.

2020 freshman
2021 Sophomore
2022 Junior
2023 Senior
2024 COVID year
2025???
Not the case with RJ but some players also have a redshirt year to factor in. And then there’s the guys that transferred under the old rules where you had to sit a year but it didn’t cost you eligibility. And guys who got injured before the season and never played in a season often get a waiver even if they red shirted.

I’m sure there are other circumstances but that’s all the ones I can think of. Feels pretty chaotic.

How do they keep getting their dudes to return? If he went into the portal for his last year he would have had a bidding war 100%.

I know, silly right? Why bring such unnecessary attention demeaning other teams and their players when their whole entire team quit-their entire recruiting class quit-and their HOF Coach also quit! Damn! All this mess and yet they clown RJ Davis returning to UNC…wtf!

It may take him a minute but I believe Coach Pope got this.
What's with all these clowns from other fanbases coming here and talking trash?

That "Laughingstock" Kentucky program has still done pretty well against UNC in decent years.

Guarantee you won't be on here anymore when Pope takes Kentucky back to the top.
1. Well it’s kind of like when Kentucky clowns hop over to other fanbases…talking..trash. What’s the probbb?

2. Really. So beating UNC in early season games is all you can hang your hat o…listen until you solve your current dilemma ALLyo litti bitti-bullets drop straight to ground; the sound sort of reminds me of fresh beautiful🌸 💐 🌺 blooming 🌸 in early spring. Ahhh So Harmless!!

3. Wtf Guarantee I won’t be back? 😂 bro I strongly suggest you don’t worry about little oh me darling, cause y’all bout to have a MAJoR hog problem.

Last edited:
HeelVol may I kindly step in and answer that? Its a DIG! Lol.

And poor saxonburgcat so mad right now he prob won’t get a bit of sleep tonight; him so well spoken though.

Goodnight…🌙💤

Thanks! I hope you slept as well as I did. Your program is THE program living in shame after years and years of self-righteous talk about graduation rates and academics. It turns out that Debbie Crowder was MVP for Tarheel basketball. You have been my entertainment for years. Carry on, my friend. Keep posting. I will continue to laugh!

The only reason you are here now is because you THINK UK will struggle with Pope as our coach. I would take Pope any day of the week over Little Hubert.

Is that a dig or a compliment?

Hey HeelVol, please give my regards to Gary (RevHeels) since he disappeared from this board after several years of trashing our program and bragging about Dean's academic standards. Funny but so many of the Heel fans disappeared once it became obvious that UNC was running a diploma mill. At first they denied it vehemently with the excuse of "easy classes." Then, they disappeared!!

Thanks for joining us. It warms my heart to know there are some UNC fans who at least know and accept the truth of what Roy and Dean did for all those years: cheating young men out of an education to win games.

Hey HeelVol, please give my regards to Gary (RevHeels) since he disappeared from this board after several years of trashing our program and bragging about Dean's academic standards. Funny but so many of the Heel fans disappeared once it became obvious that UNC was running a diploma mill. At first they denied it vehemently with the excuse of "easy classes." Then, they disappeared!!

Thanks for joining us. It warms my heart to know there are some UNC fans who at least know and accept the truth of what Roy and Dean did for all those years: cheating young men out of an education to win games.
Lol look at saxonburgcat. His fresh material never disappoints! He so deeply cares about ‘young men’ education yet 1and dones are only in school for 6mts tops!
I VEHEMENTLY suggest that you save all that bs talk for them 🐗s…cause they coming! And they bringing some big kid alll the way from Croatia that stands about 7’2” I think his name is Zvonimir sum like that. Heard of’em, right?

Reactions: HeelVol
Lol look at saxonburgcat. His fresh material never disappoints! He so deeply cares about ‘young men’ education yet 1and dones are only in school for 6mts tops!
I VEHEMENTLY suggest that you save all that bs talk for them 🐗s…cause they coming! And they bringing some big kid alll the way from Croatia that stands about 7’2” I think his name is Zvonimir sum like that. Heard of’em, right?

Sorry I hurt your feelings. The UNC family is scum and think they are royalty. Little Hubert was hired to keep the cheating legacy going. Congrats.

Of course it is, but the fact remains it’s took 4 years vs. 3. That’s the point and it’s not arguable on those facts. Give Pete 38 more games or however many more she played. He has the men’s record which is a better record period.
Caitlin Clark:
GP: 139
PTS: 3951
AVG: 28.4
Opponent: Women

Pete Maravich:
GP: 83
PTS: 3667
AVG: 44.2
Opponent: Men

It didn't just take four years, it took FIFTY-SIX more games. That's nearly a season and a half longer. Plus, Pete was competing against the best basketball players in the world. Caitlin is competing against the best basketball players in women's basketball. It's an entirely different sport. Caitlin Clark holds the scoring record for....(checks notes)....women's basketball. Pete Maravich holds the scoring record for men's basketball. Unless you have a woke search engine, typing in the question, "Who holds the scoring record in NCAA basketball?" the answer is Pete Maravich.

To your inquiry, if Pete Maravich played 56 more games, he would have scored 2,475 more points, or 6,142 for his career, or 2,191 more than Caitlin Clark in the same amount of games.

Caitlin Clark:
GP: 139
PTS: 3951
AVG: 28.4
Opponent: Women

Pete Maravich:
GP: 83
PTS: 3667
AVG: 44.2
Opponent: Men

It didn't just take four years, it took FIFTY-SIX more games. That's nearly a season and a half longer. Plus, Pete was competing against the best basketball players in the world. Caitlin is competing against the best basketball players in women's basketball. It's an entirely different sport. Caitlin Clark holds the scoring record for....(checks notes)....women's basketball. Pete Maravich holds the scoring record for men's basketball. Unless you have a woke search engine, typing in the question, "Who holds the scoring record in NCAA basketball?" the answer is Pete Maravich.

To your inquiry, if Pete Maravich played 56 more games, he would have scored 2,475 more points, or 6,142 for his career, or 2,191 more than Caitlin Clark in the same amount of games.
Thank you for breaking it down. It’s not close IMO overall.

Reactions: Eight_Banners
Sorry I hurt your feelings. The UNC family is scum and think they are royalty. Little Hubert was hired to keep the cheating leg"

I take it you miss Calipari.

Well, he doesn't miss the other half of UK's fanbase (as he takes his recruits and your promising players to Arkansas).

At UNC we as a fanbase at least are on the same page. We all love that RJ Davis chose to return. He could've taken his chances in the GLeague or overseas after his 1st team AA season but he gets that NIL money and surely he wants the team to go farther.

But at UK (at least what's discussed on Rupp Rafters over the past 3 seasons that' I've really paid attention...and if you notice...respectful to Kentucky...even now....), there's the anti-Cal camp vs the I will miss Cal camp and his rappers and $$ talk, Cal vs Pitino, the pursuit of championship banners vs pride in the NBA players.

Calipari really messed up your minds.

Hopefully we can agree that Mens College Basketball is teetering...Pope loves UK. Hubert Davis loves UNC. Scheyer loves Duke. They will do their best to keep their programs as the highest profile programs in the sport. NIL and the transfer portal and even the NBA indirectly are compromising the game. Do they have chat rooms for the Celtics? Bulls? Mavericks? like they do for UNC, UK, Duke?

Like I said, I hope Travis Perry does great for UK, becomes All-SEC and UK refocuses on banners vs draft day.

Reactions: KinstonNC
What's with all these clowns from other fanbases coming here and talking trash?

That "Laughingstock" Kentucky program has still done pretty well against UNC in decent years.

Guarantee you won't be on here anymore when Pope takes Kentucky back to the top.
Yes I will. I haven't done anything to disrespect UK. I'm at advocate for UK to be a great college program...not Calipari's NBA factory.

Go ahead...read all my posts.

He's been there more seasons than Perry Ellis spent at Kansas .. like 12 or 13 ?

UNC still in the lead for Cade Tyson??
personally IDK.

Our backcourt as of today: PG Cadeau (28), SG RJ Davis (32), backup G Seth Trimble (20), SG/SF Ian Jackson (20) and Drake Powell (20). That's 120 minutes shared between 5 players.

Cade Tyson/and Koby Brea would take on combo forward Harrison Ingram's minutes more than SF Cormac Ryan. Seems like a shift to more spacing and uptempo scoring based on personnel.

RJ Returning >>>the portal

Of course it is, but the fact remains it’s took 4 years vs. 3. That’s the point and it’s not arguable on those facts. Give Pete 38 more games or however many more she played. He has the men’s record which is a better record period.
Agreed on all points.

Also it is not arguable that she scored the most points.

Lebron James is the all time points leader partly due to the fact that he has played A LOT more games than others on that list. So give those other guys more games and......

Agreed on all points.

Also it is not arguable that she scored the most points.

Lebron James is the all time points leader partly due to the fact that he has played A LOT more games than others on that list. So give those other guys more games and......
I agree with you on that too.

Reactions: thedahc
Back in the day, athletes couldn't play until their sophomore year. So should anyone who was allowed to play all four years also get an asterisk by their name in the record books?
Difference is this was a 1 time, pandemic thing. So a guy that redshirted could have been playing 6 years after arriving on campus. A tad different and making a lot of grown ass men in college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT