ADVERTISEMENT

Duck Gabriel Retraction

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Dick retracted his earlier story that Cal made counter. He claims he didn’t communicate it accurately. Well that’s a pretty big deal in my opinion. It made Cal look horrible. I wish these media folks would stop trying to get attention by acting like they have scoop. We don’t need to try to make Cal look bad. He is a good man and I’ll miss a lot about him. Gabriel needs public apology.

Lexington area media is a joke. Dave Baker, John Clay, Dick Gabriel etc. Those guys have all been there 30 plus years. They never leave for other jobs and never retire. Rule #1 is stay sucked up to the sports department.
Dick was dead wrong and gives a half ass apology.

Fireable offense to do stuff like that in the name of being first for clicks IMO

Reactions: Fox2monk
Dick retracted his earlier story that Cal made counter. He claims he didn’t communicate it accurately. Well that’s a pretty big deal in my opinion. It made Cal look horrible. I wish these media folks would stop trying to get attention by acting like they have scoop. We don’t need to try to make Cal look bad. He is a good man and I’ll miss a lot about him. Gabriel needs public apology.
That makes perfect sense, I wouldn’t have put it past Cal but damn that would have been epically dumb.

Him, Matt, tucker, cutler, they’re all clowns man. Bobby knight was spot on about the media. It’s disgusting how proud it makes them feel to be the FIRST to report everything.
It really makes no sense because everyone of them will have the same story and post it within 10 minutes of it breaking. It’s not like anyone remembers who broke a story. Quick, can anyone tell me the reporter who broke Cal to Kentucky in 2009?

Reactions: d2atTech
Lexington area media is a joke. Dave Baker, John Clay, Dick Gabriel etc. Those guys have all been there 30 plus years. They never leave for other jobs and never retire. Rule #1 is stay sucked up to the sports department.
Dick was dead wrong and gives a half ass apology.
That’s funny because those are the last 3 I’d ever listen to for any kind of inside scoop on anything UK related.

Reactions: Uncle Adolph
This. i believe him. He just didn’t want to get sued.
Idk it never made sense to me especially since nobody else was saying that. I mean nobody. It could possibly be for legal reasons but that is hard to prove in court because “sources” are confidential usually.

Reactions: KFuqua
Again come on guys. Why would Cal make a counteroffer when his new deal is less than what he was making. Cal did the standup thing he could have waited for a buyout next year a pocketed 9 million this year. We should be thanking Cal not acting this way.

He needs to be thrown out to the pond, no bread crumbs for him. Bad Duck 🦆.

Again come on guys. Why would Cal make a counteroffer when his new deal is less than what he was making. Cal did the standup thing he could have waited for a buyout next year a pocketed 9 million this year. We should be thanking Cal not acting this way.
He did us a favor but I wouldn’t go that far, I think once he knew he broke his contract he had to leave no matter what.

He did not break his contract. He or his agent never talked to Ark. He could have stayed if it was about money. After the meeting with Mitch, he put staff on notice that he had decisions to make.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
"Duck" Gabriel would have been the perfect name for him when he was chasing Tubby. Missed opportunity there.

He did not break his contract. He or his agent never talked to Ark. He could have stayed if it was about money. After the meeting with Mitch, he put staff on notice that he had decisions to make.
God tell you this? Because I call bullshit him nor his lawyer didn't talk to Arkansas in some fashion Sunday or prior.. He don't have an agent,, just a lawyer.. Dudes been wanting out of Lexington for a bit..

Reactions: RunninRichie
Cal doesn't have an agent.

God tell you this? Because I call bullshit him nor his lawyer didn't talk to Arkansas in some fashion Sunday or prior.. He don't have an agent,, just a lawyer.. Dudes been wanting out of Lexington for a bit..
Hard for some to see the truth. Fact, Cal could have coached UK this year or had to be paid 33 million. Fact, IF Cal signs with Ark he will get MUCH less. Fact, Cal may be many things, but he was not going be so stupid to let UK find him in breach of contract, nor would he use a smaller contract to negotiate a better deal with Mitch. Fact, Cal knew he had lost the respect of a large part of the fan base. He chose the righteous exit!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT