ADVERTISEMENT

Drew to UK?

Drew can't handle this job. He's done a real good job of building Baylor but he simply doesn't have the charisma to embrace everything this job requires. It's over his head.
He's known as a prickly asshole.Well one replaces another I guess.....

Reactions: dl51344
If you whiff on 1-4 what other choice do we have?

We're getting a massive reality check.
I like the choice. Shoot ur shot at the absolute best, then get the best who is left. With the question marks of next year's team, I don't think Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson would get us to a FF immediately.

Reactions: Soupbean
Drew would be a very underwhelming hire in my opinion. Only won 30 games in a season once in his career and his lone championship was during the covid year. He's been at Baylor forever. I'd hope he'd be a last resort type option for Mitch and not the first call.

What has he done lately but underachieve with the talent he had?Sound familiar.
He has, but he isn’t getting the talent cal got, and he isn’t in jeopardy of missing the tourney. He ain’t my first choice but Kentucky can do a lot worse

Getting a top Coach like Drew after a Hall of fame Coach leaves would be a good thing. Drew is really a great coach who would do extremely well here.

If Stevens, Wright and Donavon have no interest you take Drew from that next tier and get ready to roll.

You have the tier of Stevens, Donavon and Wright

Then you have the Drew, Oats, Hurley, Pearl tier

We get a good Coach plus we lose a coach that was tired and didn't want to be here anymore.

Win, win

Everything is speculation right now. There are serious discussions and negotiations going on right now all over the place for certain. But all these internet 'scoops' are pure nonsense at this point.

As I've said for months, I'm not as opposed to Drew as others here but his recent tournament resume of getting knocked out in the first weekend isn't going to cut it here. His loss in the tournament this year to Clemson downgraded him in my eyes but it's not a terrible hire versus other options.
You mean the Clemson team that went to the Elite 8??

He's known as a prickly asshole.Well one replaces another I guess.....

Getting a top Coach like Drew after a Hall of fame Coach leaves would be a good thing. Drew is really a great coach who would do extremely well here.

If Stevens, Wright and Donavon have no interest you take Drew from that next tier and get ready to roll.

You have the tier of Stevens, Donavon and Wright

Then you have the Drew, Oats, Hurley, Pearl tier

We get a good Coach plus we lose a coach that was tired and didn't want to be here anymore.

Win, win
I'm not knocking Drew, I just think UK is over his head. I could be wrong but from the tier you had Drew in, give me Pearl and let's roll.
He won't get the call but Bruce Pearl would thrive here on a 5 year deal but I'm just a fan so whoever our next coach is, I'll absolutely give him benefit of doubt and hope for the best.

Reactions: CrazyCat74
The Donovan talk is delusional. He's been away from the college game for a long time. Unless he's been actively cultivating AAU, etc relationships all along, these kids won't even know who he is. Would late 2000's Donovan have been am home run hire, sure. He's not even an option now. Let it go.

I see Drew as the safe hire. Long track record in a power conference. Good coach who you can be almost certain won’t completely run the program into a ditch. He doesn’t have an overly charismatic personality though, and he’s had a couple of disappointing tournaments since his championship, so he doesn’t end up feeling like the super exciting possible next big thing either. He probably wasn’t my dream candidate, but we could do a lot worse since it looks like some of the splashier candidates may have turned us down.

I see Drew as the safe hire. Long track record in a power conference. Good coach who you can be almost certain won’t completely run the program into a ditch. He doesn’t have an overly charismatic personality though, and he’s had a couple of disappointing tournaments since his championship, so he doesn’t end up feeling like the super exciting possible next big thing either. He probably wasn’t my dream candidate, but we could do a lot worse since it looks like some of the splashier candidates may have turned us down.
He has 11+ losses in 4 of his last 7 seasons.

Reactions: Mr_GG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT