ADVERTISEMENT

Drew offered job

Waaaaaaaaaay out in left field for me here as I never know anything except what I read on here. I couldn’t tell you if this is even remotely close to possible or accurate but a friend text me and said it’s Drew. Said he has a friend that works at Baylor and he’s already held a team meeting, talking with his family tomorrow and we’ll know on Thursday. Who knows
So, he has a team meeting today, but talks to his family tomorrow? HA. Makes no sense.

He's a good coach but doesn't seem like a huge upgrade over Cal and not sure he would get the program to where it should be. It definitely won't re-energize the fan base.

Amazing how fast everyone gets over the terrible contract that Barnhardt gifted to Calipari, and yet he's still here making an executive decision. Imagine Kentucky not getting a dime out of Calipari leaving for another school, let alone another SEC school.

Hurley made it pretty clear he had no interest. On more than 1 occasion the last couple of days.

Oats did the same.

Wright was never happening.

Drew will do well here but I think we have now realized just snapping our fingers will not cause “a coach to crawl over broken glass to get here”

Mitch tried with Hurley. Offering him $11 million + a year. He declined it seems.
Every time there is a coaching search every coach rumored to be making a move denies it, usually even stronger than these folks denied. This is how it goes and means absolutely nothing.

Hurley made it pretty clear he had no interest. On more than 1 occasion the last couple of days.

Oats did the same.

Wright was never happening.

Drew will do well here but I think we have now realized just snapping our fingers will not cause “a coach to crawl over broken glass to get here”

Mitch tried with Hurley. Offering him $11 million + a year. He declined it seems.
This is what I believe has happened. Why does Hurley need UK? He’s from the North East and can obviously win championships at UConn. To him I’m sure he sees it at a lateral move at best.

Donovan would be the only one I’d be upset about if he wasn’t at least asked.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
People always looking for a complicated answer because the obvious one hurts their feelings. Clearly neither Hurley nor Donavon had any interest, regardless of the money, so now we're on the fourth choice. Keep it simple...

Is it possible to offer 3 at the same time? And if more than 1 accepts, the board and boosters vote on which one? Just guessing idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

LOL people act as if there's some youtube channel or TV station where AD's offer jobs to coaches so we can see and hear them say yes or no.

I dont like Mitch, I want him gone and a basketball first guy back in charge of UK. But We will only know who turned us down officially if that coach that turned us down has his side leak it. Mitch sure as hell aint going to leak that he was rejected directly or on back channels. No AD is going to leak they were rejected. So we wont know unless the Coach or Agent of the coach leaks they turned down the job

Reactions: flacat22
Barney never really tried for Hurley. He’s going directly to his guy. Bbn revolt on this clown. It’s awful cal is gone and Barney who has made major blunders hires the next coach. Not going after oats in a meaningful way is the end for this guy
He's not even going to ask Billy D. At least feels that way and I think he's interested.

"Billy Donovan said Kentucky had not contacted him about the head coach position.Spoke highly of UK and said he’s flattered, but brushed the last 48 hours off as speculation.“My total commitment and focus is here.”Quipped later: “Has John even left yet?.”
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

People always looking for a complicated answer because the obvious one hurts their feelings. Clearly neither Hurley nor Donavon had any interest, regardless of the money, so now we're on the fourth choice. Keep it simple...
One thing Cal said that is true…UK isn’t for everyone…even at a crazy salary. Some on here just aren’t willing to accept that fact.

Reactions: JFCats22
He's a good coach but doesn't seem like a huge upgrade over Cal and not sure he would get the program to where it should be. It definitely won't re-energize the fan base.
Cal can’t “coach”…Drew can coach. That’s the upgrade

I’d almost be just willing to go with Pitino for the last few years of his career as a bridge for the next coach.

Barney never really tried for Hurley. He’s going directly to his guy. Bbn revolt on this clown. It’s awful cal is gone and Barney who has made major blunders hires the next coach. Not going after oats in a meaningful way is the end for this guy

You clearly have an agenda lol.

Oats does NOT want to be here.

The landscape has changed. We can’t just snap our fingers and get whoever we want (as has been seen).

Relax.

Reactions: flacat22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT