ADVERTISEMENT

Dress shirts...white everyday

grey-undershirt-not-showing-under-white-dress-shirt.jpg

This may be common knowledge but apparently if you wear a light grey undershirt, under a white dress shirt, you can't see it. At least not as obviously as a white one shines through.

I've had a pair of Asics for about 9 or 10 years now. Swear by them. Did you buy yours from an ebay vendir named "voodoo srinivas"?

I honestly bet you all look goofy as hell walking around in George dress shirts. That being said, I bought a George belt for a funeral assuming I would just throw it away a month later and it has surprisingly lasted a couple of wears.

I'll swear by Gold Toe socks, though. If they sold that stuff exclusively at Gabriel Brothers I would shop there.
No I bought my Asics from Kohl's. Worst shoes I've ever had, nothing else is even close. I won't ever wear another pair of Asics unless I get them for free. You don't screw me when $60 is on the line and expect to ever get my business again.

I have Dr. Scholl's dress shoes. I have a hard time finding dress shoes that don't dig into the back of my heel and that brand never has. I wear them five times a year tops.

grey-undershirt-not-showing-under-white-dress-shirt.jpg

This may be common knowledge but apparently if you wear a light grey undershirt, under a white dress shirt, you can't see it. At least not as obviously as a white one shines through.

Interesting, did not know that. I rarely wear white dress shirts, but the undershirt is visible.

While we're at it, if you're not a sasquatch (super hairy) and you don't wear a v-neck undershirt, you're doing it wrong. Even if you're hairy, wear a v-neck and gold chain and own it. YWIA.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
Agreed. Add in Wal-Mart and Target to the list as well. Some of the most expensive shoes and clothes I have bought have been the biggest pieces of crap. Asics $60 shoes (previous year model that Kohl's was trying to get rid of their stock) didn't even last a year of occasional casual use. Nike athletic shorts started developing holes within the first 3 months. Dockers khakis became stiff and rough feeling after two washes.

Meanwhile the $30 Champion shoes I bought at Target are the best tennis shoes I've ever had, and I've owned at least one pair of shoes from Nike, Adidas, Asics, Converse, Reebok, and Fila. The random brand of Walmart shoes my parents would buy me as a kid would easily last over a year. And I would wear these every single day because it was the only shoes I had other than boots and dress shoes.

The Starter and Russell brand athletic shorts I bought from Walmart that I've had for a year are still going on strong with no sign of wear and tear.

The George brand khakis I've gotten at Walmart still feel soft and not stiff and I've had them for two years now at least.
Duly noted... You're a cheap, tightwad. What else you got?

Duly noted... You're a cheap, tightwad. What else you got?
So I'm cheap for buying stuff that has proven to be better quality for me? Duly noted.

I reckon someone is cheap if they buy an RTIC travel mug instead of a Yeti travel mug despite the fact that it's literally the exact same thing other than brand name?

Last edited:
So I'm cheap for buying stuff that has proven to be better quality for me? Duly noted.

I reckon someone is cheap if they buy an RTIC travel mug instead of a Yeti travel mug despite the fact that it's literally the exact same thing other than brand name?

Walmart brand is not better quality than 99.9% of everything else that is made. Sure, you can try to justify that to yourself, but it isn't so.

Walmart brand is not better quality than 99.9% of everything else that is made. Sure, you can try to justify that to yourself, but it isn't so.
I personally have never bought random Walmart brand shoes, only my parents did for me when I was a child. I started paying for my own shoes once I started working at the age of 16. But alas those random Walmart shoes did last longer than the Asics bought, 100% fact.

Only one of the brands I listed in my original post that I have bought or currently buy is owned by Walmart - George. Which is operated by Asda Stores Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Walmart and thus an independent legal body that retains its own organizational framework and administration.

Champion is a subsidiary of HanesBrands, Inc.

Starter was bought from Nike by Iconix Brand Group, Inc.

Russell Brands, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hatthoway and is headquarter in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Others I have bought from Walmart in the past include
Ben Hogan Performance - owned by Perry Ellis International, Inc. Love the shorts and polos
Hanes - its own brand
Fruit of the Loom - See Russell Brands
Gildan - its own brand
Dickies - its own brand
Puritan - Walmart owned but no longer exists. Some decent polo shirts for cotton polos. Rarely wear them now as they are old and heavy cotton, phasing them out for the lighter and cooler golf style polyester polos

I will readily admit I buy George brand pants at Walmart. I really like the microfiber dress pants and the premium khaki ones too. Not a fan of their shoes but I did but a pair of Dr Scholls casual dress shoes there. Most comfortable pair I have and I've had them over a year.

My favorite dress shirt is Roundtree and York. Get them from Dillard's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT