ADVERTISEMENT

Draymond says teams are going to regret passing on Dilly

I think I agree with you. But what exactly IS an asshat anyway?
A hat with a large split in the back.

mijmfVX.gif

Yeah. A 6 foot guard who has a tiny frame…and is defense poor. Not sure dilly will be anything other than a great sixth man but teams will hunt him on defense end

Eight pick was fine imo

Yeah. A 6 foot guard who has a tiny frame…and is defense poor. Not sure dilly will be anything other than a great sixth man but teams will hunt him on defense end

Eight pick was fine imo
And 8th was too high. Another who should have come back to get better at letting things come to him, to learn how to play defense.

It's just funny to see Maxey signing, or about to sign, a 9-figure deal.. and people are suspect of Dilly's size? Lol.

And defense speculation on a 20 year old freshman who was lost in a bad system under Cal. I can't think of a bigger "non factor" than Dillys possible lack-of-defense. He has waaaay too much basketball left before you can label him as a defensive liability.

All he has left to do is just adjust his game to the bigger NBA players, and I see no reason he can't do that. I actually think he could be better than Maxey. I'd make that bet right now.

It's just funny to see Maxey signing, or about to sign, a 9-figure deal.. and people are suspect of Dilly's size? Lol.

And defense speculation on a 20 year old freshman who was lost in a bad system under Cal. I can't think of a bigger "non factor" than Dillys possible lack-of-defense. He has waaaay too much basketball left before you can label him as a defensive liability.

All he has left to do is just adjust his game to the bigger NBA players, and I see no reason he can't do that. I actually think he could be better than Maxey. I'd make that bet right now.
Maxey is a full 3 inches taller....and had a much stronger body his one year at UK. But maybe Dilly will mature and be Maxey-ish....but I jus don't remember Maxey being so bad on defense....Dilly was pretty awful defensively..but he was fun to watch.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Maxey is a full 3 inches taller....and had a much stronger body his one year at UK. But maybe Dilly will mature and be Maxey-ish....but I jus don't remember Maxey being so bad on defense....Dilly was pretty awful defensively..but he was fun to watch.

Maxey is 6'2 and Bob is supposedly 6'1.. without shoes. So I'm not sure there's any real difference.

If anything.. I'd suspect there was some misdirection by teams trying to get him to fall.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Also that whole team sort of gets a pass on defense until I see more data.. because not only were the rosters so jacked up, but this was one of the first years where Cal focused more on offense and seemingly less on defense. Who is to say that Dilly didn't just try to focus on offense in an attempt to save his draft stock on a team that would not play him?

Last edited:
Dilly has to be waiting for his break still. Guy was a top 5 talent but slid down and then traded to go behind A Edwards. San Antonio needed him worse then Minnesota and paired with Wemby would be the youngest duo and probably he'll of fun to watch together. Damn them Spurs...

Eight pick was fine imo
The thing I don't understand is whether Dilly's lack of defense was because of effort or coaching. Dilly obviously has the quickness to stay in front of his man, since that man is almost always not as quick as Dilly. If it's coaching it can be fixed and #8 is way too low. If it's just lack of effort that's a huge red flag and #8 is too high.

Size wise, is there really much difference between Jalen Brunson as a college freshman and Rob Dillingham at the same age?

There's not. It seems that most outlets have Dillingham between 6'1 and 6'3. So yes, a little undersized for a SG role.. but Maxey has been able to make it work. And I'm sure it's possible that Dilly can build his PG skills to work with the ball and be in a two-PG offense.

Rob is going to be a beast in the NBA. All star caliber over the next 3 years.

SA was stupid and will regret dealing him. How some of these NBA decision makers get these jobs it’s just unreal.

btw, and this might sound odd, but I like Green for some reason. I think it was him having the balls to dress down these crybaby female WNBA lesbians to their face when they tried to guilt trip him during a meeting or podcast Segment he went off and reminded them that they have a life because of male basketball players. It was wonderful most people allow WNBA players to play the victim and say the most nonsensical BS daily but Green was like nah f that and went in.

Last edited:
I am willing to give him a few years in the league to grow and learn from real coaching on defense.

But he plays on a team with the best interior big man in the game on D. He just has to funnel them to Rudy.

Also, his offense added to what Minny already has will be dangerous.

He may not end up the "best" player in this draft, but may very well have the most impact on the league.

With the news of cp3 signing, have to wonder if that deal wasnt basically done before. Otherwise trading dilly makes no sense.

That said, i think they messed up even if it was. Dilly was literally the perfect match for wemby and the spurs inexplicably blew it.

There’s no way. I’ve been next to Rob and Rob have pictures of both side by side near the floor at Rupp too. No wha he’s that short. He doesn’t look much off of Reed at all anytime I’ve seen them or in any of my personal pics. Not saying angles don’t play a role I get that but no. There’s no way, if Reed is 6’5, that Dilly is anything shorter than 6’3. If he completely shocked.

Eight pick was fine imo
Defense is mostly effort and desire. He can become a good defender if he really wants to.

Completely different sport, but years ago there was a 3B in the high minors and the scouting report on him was that he could hit, but they didn’t think he had the defense to stay at 3B and would probably have to move to 1B. That player was Nolan Arenado, who now late in his career is considered one of the best defensive 3B of all time.

And I’ve been saying for months, Rob will be an all-star, Iverson / Trae Young level player.

Even if that's true, so what? You never heard of Iverson, Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway, Avery Johnson, Steve Nash, Michael Adams, Jameer Nelson, Mookie Blaylock, Terrell Brandon, Kemba Walker, Mark Price, Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul?

He’s one of the more underrated players I’ve ever seen. Clearly star power with him. Can’t wait to see peoples faces and SA is going to kick themselves forever over that trade.

I understand you cannot go by pictures so before someone says it. This was a picture I took near the floor during the ole Miss game. I have a lot of pictures of them side by side. and when sanding near both of them they seem closer to identical than 3 inches apart. All of the pictures I have look this close. Just hard for me to believe Dilly is 6’1.
IMG-0750.jpg

Last edited:
He’s one of the more underrated players I’ve ever seen. Clearly star power with him. Can’t wait to see peoples faces and SA is going to kick themselves forever over that trade.

I understand you cannot go by pictures so before someone says it. This was a picture I took near the floor during the ole Miss game. I have a lot of pictures of them side by side. and when sanding near both of them they seem closer to identical than 4 inches apart. All of the pictures I have look this close. Just hard for me to believe Dilly is 6’1.
IMG-0750.jpg
They measured almost the same w/o shoes. Reed was slightly taller

Reactions: Killswitch24

Eight pick was fine imo
Sheppard sucks at defense as well but still managed to go third.

Lack of defense is something that can be worked on, especially for guys who are as young as they are.

I'm still not understanding the problem if every outlet has Dilly at 6'3 (likely 6'1/6'2 without shoes).. when there are plenty of guys like Maxey who measure just about the same.

I think it's pretty clear that when every NBA player has their shoes on, that Dilly is at worst 6'2.. and that's really not a problem.

I think some here are thinking that Dilly measures at 6'1 with shies, but is something like 5'11 normal, and that doesn't seem to be the case at all. And even still, AI was probably 5'11 himself.

Let's end this once and for all lol:

He's roughly just an inch shorter than a lot of his peers (without shoes), some of which are also SG, and some of which are several years older. Dillingham, with shoes, will be 6'3 on the court, which maybe isn't the most ideal height for your SG, but it sure isn't a problem.

Cam SpencerSG-%8.509.756' 3.00''8' 2.50''201.86' 5.00''
Isaiah CollierPG-%8.509.006' 2.50''8' 1.50''204.66' 4.75''
Devin CarterSG-%8.759.006' 2.25''8' 2.00''193.06' 8.75''
Bronny JamesSG-%8.509.506' 1.50''8' 2.50''210.46' 7.25''
Jared McCainSG-%8.259.506' 2.00''8' 2.00''203.26' 3.50''
Reed SheppardPG-%7.759.006' 1.75''7' 9.50''181.66' 3.25''
Robert DillinghamPG-%8.008.256' 1.00''7' 11.00''164.26' 3.00''

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT