ADVERTISEMENT

“Cal’s Jump To AR Shows His Desperation To Leave UK”

He knows his image was shot here, and that anywhere he went in public, half the place wasnt going to like him. That was my thought: how could you continue to live in a place where practically the whole state hates you, or at least isn't a fan of you?
I think he knows deep down this next class we have signed wasn’t gonna win at the level he needed too. I hope our new coach keeps JQ, Fland, Perry, and Richmond. My hope is that they try for a couple of those 4.

This is a win-win. He knows his rep is shot and he didn't have nearly the class coming in as he just crapped the bed with.

He also knew he'd be called a thief and be questioned for the high contract and stupid buyout if he stayed.

He can go somewhere that will celebrate recruiting success and however he does in the tourney.

UK gets to go into a coaching search without being down $33 million.

Media definitely going to spin it as all the crazy UK fans running a HOF coach out of town because we are entitled idiots and who would want this job after that.

F*ck em.
50% plus of the media knows Cal is full of it.... it's not like he is protected from scrutiny. Even his "friends" in the media give him push back.

Reactions: KFuqua
I feel sorry for the teams playing for the natty tonight. Getting upstaged a bit by CCC. This couldn't have waited a few days. Kind of a d!ck move by CCC.
His hiring here did the same in the 2009 Final Four. But it’s not near as groundbreaking now.

Glory, I never thought it would happen so soon, I knew the quietness was strange, but this time he was trying to get out which is what most wanted. The thing about it is, he's clearly setting himself up for retirement now, because you HAVE to win out there too, he went from one rabid fan base to probably the second most rabid fan base in the SEC. They won't tolerate him losing to Hee Haw State, Oakland or Saint Peters either. He figures well if things don't work out in 2 or 3 years, I'll take the money and retire, his legacy has already taken a major hit anyway.

Yeah, if you go to Arkansas then yeah, you’re pretty desperate for a landing spot. The rumor of him wanting Ohio State would’ve been good but this will work for him and for Arkansas as well.

I’m just relieved. This worked out for everyone now because he absolutely deserved to be fired and the media knew this past season was a “Time to go but don’t want to say it” type of thing.

Kind of weird after all the rumors and whatnot........UCLA, NBA ..........and u end up in.........Arkansas lol.

I mean no disrespect to Arkansas but yea LOL

Don't understand how people think it's bad when we lost to everyone already. Richmond Vanderbilt Oakland Evansville St Pete the list goes forever. As long as we don't end up like Louisville we will be fine.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
He got his ass paddled by brass, boosters, media, and fans. Most likely was told that he wasn't doing things his way anymore and that he need to move back to building teams/program similar to those who have been advancing in March, and who have always advanced deep.

As opposed to re-orientating toward overall program success in the form of conference titles and March runs, he chose his ways. He's going to take his ball stomp off to Arky, set up an NBA combine, play some iso Tasmanian devil guard ball, get a few kids drafted, and they'll love him for it down there.

He wants to go be the hero again. Ark would love some publicity and razzle dazzle in any form.

I'm more curious into seeing whether or not he's planning on retiring there, or if he's just bugging out of Lexington, and maybe planning on another move.

I feel sorry for the teams playing for the natty tonight. Getting upstaged a bit by CCC. This couldn't have waited a few days. Kind of a d!ck move by CCC.
Reeks of narcissistic supply seeking behavior. How many times is that the best explanation of his retarded foquery

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT