ADVERTISEMENT

Don't sleep on Thiero

I’m with the OP. Thiero reminds me so much of a Terry Rozier type player… a poor mans D Wade. Long, athletic and can drive. I think he will really improve this year and I’m one not one to hype a guy up too much. I’m serious… this dude could really take off!

Reactions: westerncat
It's definitely possible with all the star freshman we have coming in that Theiro could be getting overlooked a bit.. He has a ton of potential and he could be a 🌟.. Time will tell

Someone needs to tell Cal that. Cal seems to be the one who seems to find one player to stick on the bench for whatever reason.

If we don’t add anyone else to the roster, I’m thinking he will be 8th or 9th in the rotation.

Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards, and Reeves are going to be the main guys in the backcourt. Bradshaw, Mitchell, and Onyenso will be the main guys in the frontcourt.

That’s our top 7.

Thiero will probably be the fourth guy in the frontcourt rotation due to his strength and maturity. Burks is 6’9-6’10, but lacks the strength to defend the 4 spot. Rather have the stronger more physical Thiero in there.

Like I said before, 10-15 minutes a game at the 3 and 4 spots. Maybe more if we face our usual injuries.

I really like his potential as a small ball, stretch 4. He’s reportedly 6’7-ish now and has added muscle. Plenty of size for the 4 spot in this day and age.

He shoots the ball pretty well and would help to stretch the defense when he is in the game, especially at the 4 spot.

Someone needs to tell Cal that. Cal seems to be the one who seems to find one player to stick on the bench for whatever reason.
Think it will be shep this coming season as he needs a new in state whipping boy. Could be both of them as well.

This roster is better than most want to credit it. While young it also has skill and tremendous upside.

Let's go develop some team chemistry in Toronto. In August add Cyril to the mix and the groundwork is set for an exciting season. This has vibes of Cal circa 2015.

Would you say you are more, as much, or slightly less convinced of this than you were that Hagans would be a lottery pick?

Wow and a @kev69 post on that thread.

Does he still post here under a different user name??

Would you say you are more, as much, or slightly less convinced of this than you were that Hagans would be a lottery pick?

I agree with Smooth on this.
And I am more convinced of this than I was convinced what much of this board (probably you included) was saying 2 summers ago that Collins would be a lottery pick. I was doubtful Collins would contribute at all due to his extremely thin frame/body. I think Theiro could give us something in between Liggins and what we would have gotten from the SD St forward we tried to add this spring (was it Johnson) if he gets the opportunity.

He always makes absurd, moronic post. i'm sure he thinks its cute

There is always every year this hope about certain players. I did not see any awesome display of skills better or beyond many players with other teams last season. He was a nice surprise pre-season but where are the stats during the regular season, end of the season, or in the SEC and NCAA tourney providing concrete evidence that he will be a significant contributor?

Now, I am not saying he might be great with the year of experience or getting bigger/stronger. I am saying expectations based upon demonstrable stats don't yet exist. One decent game against Arkansas and several other end of season zero's was reality. I do hope he has vastly improved (Hope).

You know, and I know, he is worst troll in the history of trolls. I can’t imagine the life this kid must lead. Gotta be gangbusters.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I like him, but not sure what he does at an elite level.
I dont think we have seen him do anything at an elite level yet but I believe there is something really there with this guy like potentially good to great at a lot of things. I just get that feeling from watching him. He doesn't often seemed overwhelmed by anyone he is matched up against and he has a quick first step. He stood out to me to on the offensive glass it just seemed like he was around the ball a lot.

If he takes the sophomore leap, I think he can play meaningful minutes. He can be very versatile. None of us is privy to off season workouts and preseason work, but if he put in the work needed, very possible. Canada will give us a slight preview of how much he has improved. Kid plays hard and has heart, I like those intangibles.

I just hope he's a little more under control... dude was wilding out last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT