ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t apologize Cal…

Agree.
Not a sour grapes agree, but an it is what it is agree.
But in a conference that is football heavy we're doing great considering the odds.
Not this yr., not after today. Today was the beginning of the end of this little 5 yrs of good football at UK. NIL will see that we suck even more moving forward.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We have always been a basketball school but even the most rabid fans want to see the football team do good...but u can't lose to freaking Vanderbilt and expect anybody to take u seriously in the SEC...started great and for whatever reason have pissed the season away...

This ani’t no stinking football school. Naw Baby Naw. Atlanta my ass. Can’t believe people thought we had a chance to get to Atlanta. The Day UK football died…. Come on Don sing it baby.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We have always been a basketball school but even the most rabid fans want to see the football team do good...but u can't lose to freaking Vanderbilt and expect anybody to take u seriously in the SEC...started great and for whatever reason have pissed the season away...

This. Basketball is my first love. But hot damn do I wanna whip the piss out of UF and UT every now and again to keep it honest. Some years we win some years we lose. But holy hell, VANDY? This embarrassment is why so many Basketball-first fans like myself check out by November, because the seasons already lost right as Basketball season starts. I'd love nothing more than to be a ranked team heading into Georgia with a thimble of hope. But if we can't be Vandy at home, wtf are we going to do against an actual team? I'm running into the warm metaphorical embrace of Oscar and the UK teams busom to quickly forget about this year's football embarrassment.

Stoops messed up by being very prideful. He spoke too soon. Smart move would have been to tell Coach Cal he is right, but football was trying to catch up, instead of trying to make the football program look better than the basketball program. I like Stoops, but he opened his mouth and inserted his foot on this one.

Kentucky IS a basketball school!
Football at KY is always going to be an uphill battle and have ups and downs. Stoops has done a great job but might have plateaued. KY Basketball is king for sure but theirs room to be both. Embarrassing loss today for sure.

There is room for both but Stoops and team shouldn’t have talk smack. They put pressure on themselves this season. Yes, UK basketball had a bad season in 2020 and lost to St Peters but Coach Cal is Hall of Fame coach with a national championship and multiple Final 4’s and SEC titles. All he was doing is speaking facts. With the history, UK will always be a basketball school, just like how Alabama is a football school.

Reactions: megablue
There is room for both but Stoops and team shouldn’t have talk smack. They put pressure on themselves this season. Yes, UK basketball had a bad season in 2020 and lost to St Peters but Coach Cal is Hall of Fame coach with a national championship and multiple Final 4’s and SEC titles. All he was doing is speaking facts. With the history, UK will always be a basketball school, just like how Alabama is a football school.
Cal was way out of line and petty for saying it. We have a hard enough time recruiting as it is. By far the crappiest thing Cal has done here. You can call a fat girl fat to her face. You’re still an ass hole regardless of whether it’s a fact or not.

Not this yr., not after today. Today was the beginning of the end of this little 5 yrs of good football at UK. NIL will see that we suck even more moving forward.
Don’t quit on us now, pal. Reliaquest officials will see that our SOS is high and still take us at 6-6/7-5. Vandy winning only helps our SOS. See you in Tampa, HH!

Man, it stinks. I understand why folks were upset with that comment from Calipari. Yeah, there is some truth to it, but the timing was bad and it was just a selfish moment.

But regarding this loss today, it's painful to be certain. There were such high expectations this season. Everything seemed to be in place. If the team had last season's offensive line, it might have been different.

But there is no excuse losing to Vandy, not even in a down year. It just can't happen.

**** you too. Yes, I’m mad. If you’re not mad and you think this is funny, you can go **** your self too. Fake ass Kentucky fan.
I get it. And I hate this for the players. But I didnnt see your compassion and many others when the Cats lost to St. Pete. How were they not fake fans?

Reactions: ftp000
I get it. And I hate this for the players. But I didnnt see your compassion and many others when the Cats lost to St. Pete. How were they not fake fans?
You didn’t? Are you sure? Weird take. My son cried in his room for an hour after the Saint Peter’s loss. He was absolutely devastated about that and still is. Which crushes me. That loss stings to my core as a fan. I don’t even know what the **** you’re talking about right now.

Cal was way out of line and petty for saying it. We have a hard enough time recruiting as it is. By far the crappiest thing Cal has done here. You can call a fat girl fat to her face. You’re still an ass hole regardless of whether it’s a fact or not.

Yep and I think Cal realized this. Dude was rustled because Barney was shutting him down on his practice facility and let that frustration control his mouth. Everyone knows it true but you just can't ish on the football team and give rival teams something else to use against on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: catben
You didn’t? Are you sure? Weird take. My son cried in his room for an hour after the Saint Peter’s loss. He was absolutely devastated about that and still is. Which crushes me. That loss stings to my core as a fan. I don’t even know what the **** you’re talking about right now

I dont doubt your fandom but when people were bashing the team, program and Cal where were your F yous?

Reactions: UKLone
I dont doubt your fandom but when people were bashing the team, program and Cal where were your F yous?
People were PISSED that night and rightfully so. I’m only **** youing to the people that seem like they’re happy about this, or celebrating it. Like some of these assholes seem happy about this. I never thought anyone seemed happy about the Saint Peter’s loss. Did you? I’m not mad at anyone who is pissed about this loss. But **** anyone who pours salt in the wound.

**** you, OP
Now there you go trashing basketball fans. You’re on a run today, trashing is your game. You are a real sports fan. Are you pissed about the loss? Are you drunk? Are you drowning your sorrow in alcohol and picking on real sports fans to make your hurt feelings Feel better. We are a Basketball School to think otherwise is just ignorant. Is you ignorant boy or just cognitively challenged. Not pouring salt on the wound, just your wound.

**** you too. Yes, I’m mad. If you’re not mad and you think this is funny, you can go **** your self too. Fake ass Kentucky fan.

The keyboard gives you balls you wouldn’t have otherwise. I got $1,000 you wouldn’t say that to my face. The internet has done one thing, gave voices and balls to people who have none in real life. I’m not mad because I knew this would happen. Go back and look, I was saying Stoops needed fired before the season started. Y’all just had your head in your rear and accept mediocrity.

Last edited:
Now there you go trashing basketball fans. You’re on a run today, trashing is your game. You are a real sports fan. Are you pissed about the loss? Are you drunk? Are you drowning your sorrow in alcohol and picking on real sports fans to make your hurt feelings Feel better. We are a Basketball School to think otherwise is just ignorant. Is you ignorant boy or just cognitively challenged.
Who is trashing basketball fans? I spent $500 to take my family to the Duquesne game last night. I spent another $500 to take my family to the football game today.

I AM a basketball fan. I am a football fan. I’m a UK fan. I don’t understand anyone who take pleasure in EITHER side losing.

The keyboard gives you balls you wouldn’t have otherwise. I got $1,000 you wouldn’t say that to my face. The internet has done one thing, gave voices and balls to people who have none in real life. I’m not mad because I knew this would happen. Go back and look, I was saying Stoops needed fired before the season started. Y’all just had your butt in your rear and accept mediocrity.
Great post he’s been on a lot of people today, including me. Doesn’t bother me, because I love messing with people that are cognitively challenged and don’t know their cognitively challenged.

Reactions: BigBlueFan19
Who is trashing basketball fans? I spent $500 to take my family to the Duquesne game last night. I spent another $500 to take my family to the football game today.

I AM a basketball fan. I am a football fan. I’m a UK fan. I don’t understand anyone who take pleasure in EITHER side losing.
People went crazy on this board about Cal’s comment. Numerous people argued this was a football school. I pull for our football team, but basketball is my passion. UK might have been both, if Bear Bryant had remained at UK, but he didn’t. The best football team I remember was 1977, I believe that’s the year we were on probation and Art a Still played. We’ve been a doormat in the Sec most years. Stoops has had a good run, but his style of football has taken us about as far as it can. Still no Atlanta. Still no CF Playoffs. I hate all things UC, but they’ve been where we haven’t and may never be. To say we are a football school is just foolish.

People went crazy on this board about Cal’s comment. Numerous people argued this was a football school. I pull for our football team, but basketball is my passion. UK might have been both, if Bear Bryant had remained at UK, but he didn’t. The best football team I remember was 1977, I believe that’s the year we were on probation and Art a Still played. We’ve been a doormat in the Sec most years. Stoops has had a good run, but his style of football has taken us about as far as it can. Still no Atlanta. Still no CF Playoffs. I hate all things UC, but they’ve been where we haven’t and may never be. To say we are a football school is just foolish.
People weren’t pissed because Cal was wrong that this is a basketball school. They were pissed because it was an absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for comment. There’s a difference. People that can’t figure that out are just simple minded.

The keyboard gives you balls you wouldn’t have otherwise. I got $1,000 you wouldn’t say that to my face. The internet has done one thing, gave voices and balls to people who have none in real life. I’m not mad because I knew this would happen. Go back and look, I was saying Stoops needed fired before the season started. Y’all just had your butt in your rear and accept mediocrity.
Didn’t you start a thread a couple weeks ago where you talked about struggling with confidence and other mental health things? That was you right?

Did a whole bunch of people pile on and attack you in your moment of vulnerability? I don't believe they did.

@STL_Cat is obviously pissed off at the loss and basketball fans poking it with a stick. Then you come out with this gem, instead of what you should have done, which is read the damn room and NOT be an asshole.

I expect better out of a guy that says he struggles with mental health. You should be the first person to recognize the situation.

The keyboard gives you balls you wouldn’t have otherwise. I got $1,000 you wouldn’t say that to my face. The internet has done one thing, gave voices and balls to people who have none in real life. I’m not mad because I knew this would happen. Go back and look, I was saying Stoops needed fired before the season started. Y’all just had your head in your rear and accept mediocrity.
I would 1000% say everything I’m saying to your face right now. A UK fan poking on other REAL UK fans about the loss today? **** you. You can go suck nuts, you’re not a real Kentucky fan because you seem like you’re getting off on this. Basketball only bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Didn’t you start a thread a couple weeks ago where you talked about struggling with confidence and other mental health things? That was you right?

Did a whole bunch of people pile on and attack you in your moment of vulnerability? I don't believe they did.

@STL_Cat is obviously pissed off at the loss and basketball fans poking it with a stick. Then you come out with this gem, instead of what you should have done, which is read the damn room and NOT be an asshole.

I expect better out of a guy that says he struggles with mental health. You should be the first person to recognize the situation.

Mental health issues or not, another man isn’t gonna say F U to me and me not respond accordingly. He’s clearly never been smacked for running his mouth and it shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT