ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t apologize Cal…

Agree he shouldn’t have said it. But if stoops is going to run his mouth back it up. Considering our football season is because of poor coaching it makes me think less of him. Don’t call out cal because it could cost you in recruiting then come out and lay the worst egg possible this season. You can’t blame cal for this shit.
Our offense and whole season has killed recruiting. Not cals comments.
LOL, Cal hasn't laid any eggs? Stoops was just defending what he has accomplished after Cal opened his mouth.
What's worse is Cal made his statements AFTER he went 9-16 AND lost to Saint Peters. That seems much mire ridiculous to me.

Reactions: dl51344
Respectfully ... I disagree with respect to this situation. 'Nough said. Go 'Cats !
You be disrespectfully disrespecting anything Cal. You be having a very disrespectful attitude by promoting-sucking team we witnessed yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting UK with putting a very disrespectful team on the field yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting you dummies that support him no matter what he does. Stoops be no coaching, and his assistant’s be disrespectfully disrespecting their fan base by no play calling in a very disrespecting manner. Yet you suck his disrespectful butt and disrespect those who really see the disrespect he is disrespectfully reflecting to those who suck his disrespectful butt. You be sucking it all in like a hook, line and sinker. You be You seems to make you be happy.

You be disrespectfully disrespecting anything Cal. You be having a very disrespectful attitude by promoting-sucking team we witnessed yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting UK with putting a very disrespectful team on the field yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting you dummies that support him no matter what he does. Stoops be no coaching, and his assistant’s be disrespectfully disrespecting their fan base by no play calling in a very disrespecting manner. Yet you suck his disrespectful butt and disrespect those who really see the disrespect he is disrespectfully reflecting to those who suck his disrespectful butt. You be sucking it all in like a hook, line and sinker. You be You seems to make you be happy.

ContentUglyAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

You be disrespectfully disrespecting anything Cal. You be having a very disrespectful attitude by promoting-sucking team we witnessed yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting UK with putting a very disrespectful team on the field yesterday. Stoops be disrespecting you dummies that support him no matter what he does. Stoops be no coaching, and his assistant’s be disrespectfully disrespecting their fan base by no play calling in a very disrespecting manner. Yet you suck his disrespectful butt and disrespect those who really see the disrespect he is disrespectfully reflecting to those who suck his disrespectful butt. You be sucking it all in like a hook, line and sinker. You be You seems to make you be
I mean seriously..was that English?!?!

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'm SICK of seeing a thread on this board every time the football team loses!!! Heck, I'm embarrassed that it's 2 pages long!!

I will say the EXACT same thing if one pops up on the football board after a basketball loss!!!

I am a FREAKIN UK FAN OF EVERY UK SPORT!!! I want to WIN in EVERYTHING connected to UK!!!!

I HURT ANYTIME UK LOSES IN ANY SPORT!!!!!

I will NEVER understand how ANY professed UK fan could feel in ANY WAY otherwise!!!

EVERYONE knows that UK Basketball is the GREATEST program in ALL of college basketball.

So, because of this fact, Coach Cal's comments most certainly HARMED UK Football because opposing schools use that AGAINST Coach Stoops. BUT, Coach Stoops response in NO WAY did the same(or even remotely close) to UK Basketball. So when a UK fan wants to argue over this issue, keep that in mind.
So Cals quote was the reason for the last 3 pathetic performances? I also think they might effect recruiting. Ive overall love what stoops has accomplished but putting the fail on one quote from a basketball coach is weak.

So Cals quote was the reason for the last 3 pathetic performances? I also think they might effect recruiting. Ive overall love what stoops has accomplished but putting the fail on one quote from a basketball coach is weak.
Where in my post did I say or even HINT at the reason for the football team's "3 pathetic performances" was on "Cal's quote"?!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER DID!!

But when Cal's ARROGANCE and anger toward Mitch causes him to DISPARAGE the football program with his SHORTSIGHTED comments, it SHOULD upset ANY UK fan.

If you can't see this YOU are as SHORTSIGHTED as Cal was. Now that is what I would call "weak".

Where in my post did I say or even HINT at the reason for the football team's "3 pathetic performances" on "Cal's quote"?!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER DID!!

But when Cal's ARROGANCE and anger toward Mitch causes him to DISPARAGE the football program with his SHORTSIGHTED comments, it SHOULD upset ANY UK fan.

If you can't see this YOU are as SHORTSIGHTED as Cal was.
Cool… you discovered caps👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Where in my post did I say or even HINT at the reason for the football team's "3 pathetic performances" on "Cal's quote"?!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER DID!!

If you can't see this YOU are as SHORTSIGHTED as Cal was. Now that is what I would call "weak".
Exactly. No one on the planet (at least not us) has suggested that Cal’s quote was the cause of the lackluster football season. What a ridiculous leap to take.

You and I have always been on the same page on this one.

Exactly. No one on the planet (at least not us) has suggested that Cal’s quote was the cause of the lackluster football season. What a ridiculous leap to take.

You and I have always been on the same page on this one.
That's because we are fans of ALL UK Athletic teams.

It is mind boggling how some "UK fans" can't see it for what is was.

• Love
Reactions: STL_Cat
Since when is calling UK a basketball school disparaging the football team?

I wonder if Bama basketball fans get this bent out of shape when Saban refers to it as a football school?

I wonder if Bama basketball fans get this bent out of shape when Saban refers to it as a football school?
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but in the SEC AND the NCAA, football is KING. So when Cal says something that HURTS recruiting because our football coaches have to FIGHT this narrative CONSTANTLY, it ends up HURTING our ENTIRE athletic department.

Why would you APPROVE of Cal saying ANYTHING that would hurt not only football but ALL UK sports?

I would love to see ONE quote from Coach Saban that is even remotely close to him calling Bama a "football school", bet you can't.

UK Basketball is big enough to take care of itself. Cal KNOWS this. He was just USING his position to leverage Mitch at Coach Stoops expense. Why is that so hard to see?

Heck, after Cal said that last summer, several schools came out with videos of their football AND basketball coaches saying they were an EVERY SPORT school. Why do you think they did that?????

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kyjeff1 and STL_Cat
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but in the SEC AND the NCAA, football is KING. So when Cal says something that HURTS recruiting because our football coaches have to FIGHT this narrative CONSTANTLY, it ends up HURTING our ENTIRE athletic department.

Why would you APPROVE of Cal saying ANYTHING that would hurt not only football but ALL UK sports?

I would love to see ONE quote from Coach Saban that is even remotely close to him calling Bama a "football school", bet you can't.

UK Basketball is big enough to take care of itself. Cal KNOWS this. He was just USING his position to leverage Mitch at Coach Stoops expense. Why is that so hard to see?

Heck, after Cal said that last summer, several schools come out with videos of their football AND basketball coaches saying they were an EVERY SPORT school. Why do you think they did that?????
Saban doesn’t have to beg for an upgrade in his practice facilities because he gets everything he wants because Bama is a football school.

All of this could have been handled better on both sides, IMHO.

But history shows that Cal has a right to make that claim, regardless.

Saban doesn’t have to beg for an upgrade in his practice facilities because he gets everything he wants because Bama is a football school.
Then Cal needs to keep it between HIM and Mitch!!!!

Bringing the football program into it was uncalled for!!!!

And YES, him using the phrase "Basketball School" MOST DEFINITELY brought in Coach Stoops' football program.

Why didn't you answer why those other schools(UNC, UT, KU, Auburn) made those videos saying they were "Every sport schools"???

• Love
Reactions: STL_Cat

You don’t get it, and you clearly never will. It’s been attempted to be explained dozens of times. You’re obviously a die hard basketball fan and a casual football fan. Fine. You don’t understand this for some reason.

Stoops messed up by being very prideful. He spoke too soon. Smart move would have been to tell Coach Cal he is right, but football was trying to catch up, instead of trying to make the football program look better than the basketball program. I like Stoops, but he opened his mouth and inserted his foot on this one.
Neither coach came out of that fiasco looking good IMO.

Keep in mind, Cal called reporters into his hotel room and organized it so the press could put pressure on Mitch too. It wasn't just the comment, it was how he did it and how he said it. It was uncalled for and not needed. It made Cal look really butthurt too. Bad look all the way around.

Yeah, Stoops stunk it up this season, but Cal has stunk it up a whole lot worse. He just needs to shut his mouth and right the program at this point.

If you guys think prospective football recruites base thier decision on what John Calpari said, you are smoking Crack, they could give a crap. His comments were foolish spoken in a moment of anger and frustration but to suggest they " hurt" the football program is ludicrous. Football recruits choose a school today based on how soon they can play, whether they like the coaching staff and now, how much they get paid, what the basketball coach said is meaningless to everyone but some of our fans.

Unfortunately, being called a “basketball school” means you are lacking (especially in the SEC). I don’t think it’s being complimentary. It just makes the school sound like a 1 trick pony.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL_Cat and catben
Cal was way out of line and petty for saying it. We have a hard enough time recruiting as it is. By far the crappiest thing Cal has done here. You can call a fat girl fat to her face. You’re still an ass hole regardless of whether it’s a fact or not.
Thank you. Of course this is the correct answer. True or not, Cal was out of line and he recognized it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT