ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t apologize Cal…

I would 1000% say everything I’m saying to your face right now. A UK fan poking on other REAL UK fans about the loss today? **** you. You can go suck nuts, you’re not a real Kentucky fan because you seem like you’re getting off on this. Basketball only bitch.
Come see about it then.

Name a place and time, little girl.

People weren’t pissed because Cal was wrong that this is a basketball school. They were pissed because it was an absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for comment. There’s a difference. People that can’t figure that out are just simple minded.
Yup, he messed up and said something he never should have said then Stoops and the football board turned a molehill into a mountain. Turned a nothingburger into a national story. Kinda the same way this board turned NIL lies into something you can use to negative recruit against UK.

Mental health issues or not, another man isn’t gonna say F U to me and me not respond accordingly. He’s clearly never been smacked for running his mouth and it shows.
So, you think the guy has never been in a fight in his life? You make that statement like it's a fact. You’re just running off at the mouth.

But again, you look like a real asshole right now. You started a thread on a public sports forum, where you spilled your guts about your confidence issues, people patted you on the back (me included) and gave you assurances, but now, here you are talking shit, poking the bear and acting like you're jimmy badass. Do you see where maybe that is f*cked up? I do.

Name a place and time, little girl.
79s6.gif

I have tried to be a Ky football fan for decades but we suck. Cal is right but our basketball program needs a damn title this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackcat714
Who is trashing basketball fans? I spent $500 to take my family to the Duquesne game last night. I spent another $500 to take my family to the football game today.

I AM a basketball fan. I am a football fan. I’m a UK fan. I don’t understand anyone who take pleasure in EITHER side losing.

You are a great fan. We got asshats like that gird football only fan starting threads on the football board just as dumb as this one.

How any UK fan can act like this is funny or celebrate this is absolutely beyond me. Johnny come lately basketball only fans can suck it, seriously.

Unfortunately, the fight between the coaches over the summer definitely divided people. Lets be real.. some basketball-sided people loved the comment from Cal about this being a "basketball school?", while those that are maybe miffed at Cal/prefer Football loved it when Stoops fired back... and it spiraled from there.

But, Hey!! We're going bowling again, so who cares? At least we're relevant in the SEC, and that is something.
(so long as football doesn't get so bad that it leaves us out of some future conference realignment)

To be elite, you can’t be scared while calling plays. Prepare during the week for all possible scenarios, and have practiced the plays that need to be run.

We were pretty horrible in the 90s when it came to football, but the basketball program was the best in the nation.

While I'd prefer that the football program has success, it's by no means necessary for the basketball team to see incredible margins over the rest of the college basketball landscape.

Here's to hoping Calipari can emulate a bit of Pitino's 90s teams when it comes to the football/basketball dichotomy.

Unfortunately, the fight between the coaches over the summer definitely divided people. Lets be real.. some basketball-sided people loved the comment from Cal about this being a "basketball school?", while those that are maybe miffed at Cal/prefer Football loved it when Stoops fired back... and it spiraled from there.
Yep. Bad look for Cal. And now a reallll bad look for Stoops/Marrow.

The divide is a lot more! We’ve got Cal haters and Cal suckers too.
Then you got fans who want titles and greatness. I am one of those and can understand the argument from either point of view.

Not this yr., not after today. Today was the beginning of the end of this little 5 yrs of good football at UK. NIL will see that we suck even more moving forward.
I will be happy if we are bowl eligible the next few years.
Bottom line is Al McGuire wasn't taking football when he said nice things about Ky.

On this board maybe. There are not many UK fans with any sort of childhood connection to the UK Wildcats that’s I’ve ever met in person who doesn’t root for UK in whatever. As a matter of fact I think people would be hard pressed to find a fan base that has as much pride in their “other sport” as they do in the sport they’ve dominated like UK fans.

This board is just bizarre. I attended a seminar at UK fairly recently and the excitement for football was every bit as much as I’ve seen for basketball. Now it’s basketball season and football is winding down, that’s what matters now.

This is how I’ve always approached this issue. When I’m asked what my favorite sport is, or who I support more between the STL Cardinal, UK football, UK basketball etc, I ask them what month is it? It’s all about the season to me, time of year.

I think any fan that picks and chooses and roots against UK on any level in any sport is most certainly not a real UK fan. They’re usually some spin-off wanna be fanboy of some Coach, and if you look around, it’s valid.

I personally love UK football every bit as much as UK basketball, but I think Cal is right, UK is a basketball school. Stoops should not have fired back. It’s like when a little brother gets beat by his older brother every time they race and finally older brother trips and he finally wins and then acts like he’s faster. Shut up until you really win something. Until Stoops at least makes the playoffs he needs to stay humble and hungry. Pride comes before the fall.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
I personally love UK football every bit as much as UK basketball, but I think Cal is right, UK is a basketball school. Stoops should not have fired back. It’s like when a little brother gets beat by his older brother every time they race and finally older brother trips and he finally wins and then acts like he’s faster. Shut up until you really win something. Until Stoops at least makes the playoffs he needs to stay humble and hungry. Pride comes before the fall.
It’s absolutely unbelievable that we’ve gone round and round about this for months and people still don’t get the point.

whether Cal was right or not, it’s just not something he should have said. PERIOD. Stoops was not wrong to respond.

I'm SICK of seeing a thread on this board every time the football team loses!!! Heck, I'm embarrassed that it's 2 pages long!!

I will say the EXACT same thing if one pops up on the football board after a basketball loss!!!

I am a FREAKIN UK FAN OF EVERY UK SPORT!!! I want to WIN in EVERYTHING connected to UK!!!!

I HURT ANYTIME UK LOSES IN ANY SPORT!!!!!

I will NEVER understand how ANY professed UK fan could feel in ANY WAY otherwise!!!

EVERYONE knows that UK Basketball is the GREATEST program in ALL of college basketball.

So, because of this fact, Coach Cal's comments most certainly HARMED UK Football because opposing schools use that AGAINST Coach Stoops. BUT, Coach Stoops response in NO WAY did the same(or even remotely close) to UK Basketball. So when a UK fan wants to argue over this issue, keep that in mind.

It’s absolutely unbelievable that we’ve gone round and round about this for months and people still don’t get the point.

whether Cal was right or not, it’s just not something he should have said. PERIOD. Stoops was not wrong to respond.
Disagree. Cal was trying to get an upgrade on his facilities. He had every right to put it out there that basketball is and always will be the standard by which the rest of the athletics programs at UK are measured.

Heck, if anyone should have opened their mouths, it’s the cheerleading coach. They’ve won a bajillion championships. They should have said, “actually, we are a cheerleading school.” LOL!

Agree he shouldn’t have said it. But if stoops is going to run his mouth back it up. Considering our football season is because of poor coaching it makes me think less of him. Don’t call out cal because it could cost you in recruiting then come out and lay the worst egg possible this season. You can’t blame cal for this shit.
Our offense and whole season has killed recruiting. Not cals comments.

Reactions: davtay
People weren’t pissed because Cal was wrong that this is a basketball school. They were pissed because it was an absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for comment. There’s a difference. People that can’t figure that out are just simple minded.
But But it was the truth. Can’t chastise anyone for speaking the truth.

I think Stoops will leave soon and UK football will go back to the bottom for awhile.
I agree ... and I would bet that Stoops is already "on the move" - that is, unofficially and privately entertaining offers from other programs - and I'd bet that the downturn in performance this season is related to that factor - and I'd bet that any reasonable person on this board would know why Stoops would be "on the move."

Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats - in whatever and wherever they're playing !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT