ADVERTISEMENT

Does Your Irritation About This Season Hit You in Waves

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
Or is it constant? This season is something that I had looked forward to for months with the way spring started, and to come all this way to not only being broken about the state of our nation, but to have UK break records (and not the good ones!) play into it all . . . I go between complete indifference to really wondering what our program is going to look like in the future. Is this the pendulum swinging the other way to balance what we’ve enjoyed as a fanbase? Is this the bill coming due? Is this the cost of selling our program to the devil?

tenor.gif

I don’t have a problem with having a down year during a pandemic because things are just wacky and based on our roster building style, the wackiness will disproportionately affect our team.

My main disappointment comes from missing out on a run in the tourney last year with the kinda guards that can take over and win the whole thing.

Missing it this year will suck too, but I’ve been ready to just write the season off for a while. Hopefully we’ll get most of the guys back and have a good chance for a run next year.

I definitely don’t share the entitlement to a competitive team many on here do though.

I don’t have a problem with having a down year during a pandemic because things are just wacky and based on our roster building style, the wackiness will disproportionately affect our team.

My main disappointment comes from missing out on a run in the tourney last year with the kinda guards that can take over and win the whole thing.

Missing it this year will suck too, but I’ve been ready to just write the season off for a while. Hopefully we’ll get most of the guys back and have a good chance for a run next year.

I definitely don’t share the entitlement to a competitive team many on here do though.
Is it really entitlement to not expect a 5-11 team?

The iceberg over took this ship a long time ago, we are still sinking, most fans have jumped ship for this season. Why get angry over something we have no control over. I just get a drink and watch and root for the Cats, I just don't have any expectations that they will win. At least this year, next year BETTER be different.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT