ADVERTISEMENT

Does UK have cause to fire stoops?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
I’m not saying that’s what I want but I’m curious. The ncaa vacating wins and hitting us with probation that seems like a violation of the contractual terms. Like I said I’m not calling for stoops to go but if it gets bad I’m wondering if that out is available ?

• Haha
Reactions: chiefcat420
If they were gonna use the ncaa sanctions as a reason to fire him, they’d have to have tried that before this year started when they announced it. You kinda forfeit that as a rock solid ‘cause’ if you wait an entire year after it to fire the coach lol
Yeah, it's too late now...my guess is they had some language in the contract that gave them a shot to do something but once you move forward as a department without having done anything there isn't anyway to go back and use the issue.

I

So I guess having 7 winning seasons out of the last 8 is enough to garner $9M a year. Good gig if you can get it or have an AD dumb enough to pay you.
I would take the other 2 coaches tied at #9 with Stoops in a heartbeat. Can we make a trade😂😂

You don't understand contracts, do you?
You must not. Generally, a contract would have some sort of verbiage about termination if the contract was breached in any way. You know, kinda like having a 10 win season vacated for violations.

I’m not saying that’s what I want but I’m curious. The ncaa vacating wins and hitting us with probation that seems like a violation of the contractual terms. Like I said I’m not calling for stoops to go but if it gets bad I’m wondering if that out is available ?
No, neither Stoops nor UK had anything to do with the violations.

• Love
Reactions: BlueTick2
His situation with Texas A&M last offseason is enough to restructure his contract and get out of that ridiculous buy out.
This is by far the most head scratching rationale....he flirts with Texas AM and we honored this contract....you talk about absurd.
Even if we wanted him back.....just get off the guaranteed years past 4 years.

But Mitch gives such one sided deals....he's a problem that needs to go away. Enough is enough.

The answer is NO. If they could get out of his contract or renegotiate it they already would have. We don't have 40 million to pay him so he will stay on next year or choose to retire, but it will be his choice.

Reactions: BlueTick2
You must not. Generally, a contract would have some sort of verbiage about termination if the contract was breached in any way. You know, kinda like having a 10 win season vacated for violations.
I haven't read his contract but I doubt it would give UK an out. The staff didn't commit any violations. The violations were because a UK employee and UK players forged time cards so they would get paid for doing nothing. If my memory is correct, the UK employee was fired. UK forfeited games because the players who forged the time cards would have ineligible to play because the rules violation. So every game they played in was a forfeited. The staff did nothing wrong so I doubt the contract comes into play at all.

Did I say it would happen? No. I'm saying it's possible depending on the verbiage of the contract. Not sure why you're acting hostile.
No hostility from me... sorry you hostility read into that.... there was none intended

Just disagree.

Last edited:
This is by far the most head scratching rationale....he flirts with Texas AM and we honored this contract....you talk about absurd.
Even if we wanted him back.....just get off the guaranteed years past 4 years.

But Mitch gives such one sided deals....he's a problem that needs to go away. Enough is enough.
I don't like the deal much either but don't act like Mitch has all the authority. Those contracts have to be approved by Capilouto and the BoT before they can be signed off on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT