ADVERTISEMENT

Does UK have cause to fire stoops?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
I’m not saying that’s what I want but I’m curious. The ncaa vacating wins and hitting us with probation that seems like a violation of the contractual terms. Like I said I’m not calling for stoops to go but if it gets bad I’m wondering if that out is available ?

• Haha
Reactions: chiefcat420
If they were gonna use the ncaa sanctions as a reason to fire him, they’d have to have tried that before this year started when they announced it. You kinda forfeit that as a rock solid ‘cause’ if you wait an entire year after it to fire the coach lol

Reactions: BigBlue1992
If they were gonna use the ncaa sanctions as a reason to fire him, they’d have to have tried that before this year started when they announced it. You kinda forfeit that as a rock solid ‘cause’ if you wait an entire year after it to fire the coach lol
Yeah, it's too late now...my guess is they had some language in the contract that gave them a shot to do something but once you move forward as a department without having done anything there isn't anyway to go back and use the issue.

I

So I guess having 7 winning seasons out of the last 8 is enough to garner $9M a year. Good gig if you can get it or have an AD dumb enough to pay you.
I would take the other 2 coaches tied at #9 with Stoops in a heartbeat. Can we make a trade😂😂

You don't understand contracts, do you?
You must not. Generally, a contract would have some sort of verbiage about termination if the contract was breached in any way. You know, kinda like having a 10 win season vacated for violations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT