ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kentucky surprise the Rebels?

What do you think the chances are that Kentucky wins against the Rebels?

• 0%

• 25%

• 50%

• 75%

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have a chance, the questions maybe outweigh the answers on offense so far but we have a shot with our defense. We definitely can’t play the same bend don’t break defense we have played in the past though or they’ll have 500 yards of offense on us. If we will tighten that up a little I think we could stay close and have a chance. Let’s hope the offense has turned the corner and gained some confidence yesterday. Lane has them playing some really big time football right now so we’ll see.
The key is taking away Darts ability to scrambe and make plays. He's going to get his throws in but you just cant let offenses like these and QBs like these hurt you both ways. Got to take away one of them. I'm comfortable enough on run defense to limit thier RBs but just dont let Dart make big plays on third down scrambling. Get a spy on him and bring pressure on him but stay containd on the pressure and in your lanes to force him back to the middle. If they throw for 350 yards and beat us I'll take my chances on that but at least you make them risk the turnovers doing so and not just carving you up with 20 yard QB scampers.

Reactions: JASUN74
I think we have a 0% chance first road SEC game I think Kiffin is going to pad those stats! Our offense has no chance against a legitimate team and our defense I think will only hold for a time and then they will finally break and the flood gates will open for Ole Miss.

I disagree. The running game is fine. What exactly has Chip proven ever that tells you he will be better than Wilcox or Sumo ? Running game is fine. Just like Vandagriff, there is a reason Chip didn't take the starting job at OSU. He has not proved anything that says he is a top RB in college, so not saying he will be the difference, we have good RB's. JMO.
I didn't mean to imply that Chip will.lead us to victory, just that he's a bigger back that could help with ball control when being rotated in with the other two.

Better than 0% but worse than 25%. I would think about a 5-10% chance.

Just don’t see us playing enough havoc type of D to create turnovers. Teams that spread the field like this (UT, Ole Miss, etc.) give our defense a lot of trouble given the scheme we run and cushion we give in zone.

I think we have a chance if we can put together multiple 8 minute type of drives that keep our defense off the field for an extended period.

I am going to guess something like 42-12 ole miss.

I definitely think Kentucky has a shot to take this game on the road.
Why?
Mississippi is due for a loss. We owe them good. Time to set things back towards big blue.
Mississippi football is NOT BETTER than Kentucky. Their talent is about the same.
Lets Rock as Al Bundy says!!

IMO, the only way UK can get this game to the 4th qtr and win is if Stoops and his OC show some real aggression early and come out in attack mode. UK needs to get an early lead (and quiet their crowd, which will be rowdy) because I don't think the Cats can play from behind with Ole Miss. I would test their secondary early with all sorts of 20+ yd packages. See if they can cover your quality WRs, which should be the best group their secondary has seen to date. Kiffin will most certainly challenge your secondary early and often and if he gets out a couple of scores early, I think it is likely game over at that point.

I would test their secondary early with all sorts of 20+ yd packages.

This would be very foolish and equivalent to telling someone in a wheel chair that their best chance is to to try get up and run. We do not have the OL to do 5-7 step drops and wait 3-5 seconds for 20+ yard routes to develop. All this would do is guarantee we have 3rd and a mile.

The strength of our offense is the running game which coincidentally would be the best way to keep Ole Miss’ offense on the sideline. This will make a lot of the trolls here mad but the best chance is to play ball control and rely on defense to make stops. Only an idiot would try to get in a shootout in this game.

Reactions: SkyPrince1
This would be very foolish and equivalent to telling someone in a wheel chair that their best chance is to to try get up and run. We do not have the OL to do 5-7 step drops and wait 3-5 seconds for 20+ yard routes to develop. All this would do is guarantee we have 3rd and a mile.

The strength of our offense is the running game which coincidentally would be the best way to keep Ole Miss’ offense on the sideline. This will make a lot of the trolls here mad but the best chance is to play ball control and rely on defense to make stops. Only an idiot would try to get in a shootout in this game.
Perhaps you are right, but I suspect that unless your D can cause some TOs early in the game allowing the Cats some short, quick scores, you will get behind in the 1st half. And hoping for TOs is not a strategy. Your D is built for offenses like UGA's; it's not built for an offense like Kiffin's. And your offense is just not built for playing from behind. I certainly think the UK defense is good enough to hold OM's point production much lower than what they are averaging, but I'm not sure UK can hold them under 30. And I very much doubt UK's offense, based on what we've seen, scoring 30+ points running the ball all day. I realize that the UK offense's strength is running the ball, but if UK gets behind early the running game won't allow you to catch up. Because for sure Kiffin won't stop throwing the long ball.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
One thing they should be able to do is run the ball with the RBs and QBs that will shorten the game and give them a shot. Lean on the D they could pull off the upset.
I would also argue this D is a step above 22’s. I am skeptical facing this high octane offense. Georgia has a good O but nothing like this.

I definitely think Kentucky has a shot to take this game on the road.
Why?
Mississippi is due for a loss. We owe them good. Time to set things back towards big blue.
Mississippi football is NOT BETTER than Kentucky. Their talent is about the same.
Lets Rock as Al Bundy says!!
Talent may be the same but the identity could not be any farther apart. Still, I think it's going to be a defensive battle as Ole Miss has a pretty good defense. The impending Hurricane Helene may have a say in the outcome of this game.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
Talent may be the same but the identity could not be any farther apart. Still, I think it's going to be a defensive battle as Ole Miss has a pretty good defense. The impending Hurricane Helene may have a say in the outcome of this game.
HIgh wins and moisture would definitely favor UK but looking at the predicted storm track I think it will be too far to the east of Oxford to have any major impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT