ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal already have a new job lined up

I think he is here for sure next year and then leaves. No matter how this season ends. I’d go as far to say that they may already be working the deal out now for him to retire after next season.

Reactions: EliteBlue
He will definitely play, because he needs to get better. Next year’s class will have the speed, talent, heart, desire, skill and basketball IQ that we haven’t had since Covid.
Have you seen all 5 signees play in high school? Do you think Wagner/Dillingham are comparable to Wall/Bledsoe? Do you expect these 5 to be the starters next year??

Or he takes him with
Louisville wouldn’t shock me given what’s going on there with Kenny Payne

I don’t care though…let him ruin another program
Him going to Louisville would be a big shock, I can’t see that happening, but cal can go anywhere I’m done with him and the fanbase is as well

for next year? He's coaching like and throwing his players under the bus like he's already gone and is trying to get that buyout money, just like Coach Smith when he cashed that million dollar longevity bonus from UK after he'd already agreed to terms with Minnesota.

Where would Cal already be heading if this were the case? Yall got any ideas?
Good question, but I do not think so. You may not hear a single word out from anyone's mouth who is an AD or college administrator, but my guess is that few, right now, would be interested in him as their head coach. He literally is suffering from whatever you want to call it, either overload, or burn out, or brain freeze, or mental paralysis...whatever he's got, his messages are NOT getting through, he's no longer the sharp, dynamic leader he once was, and the bizarre nature of his decision-making is costing us games and frankly quite embarrassing. He needs a break from the grind, but like a drug addict, smoker, or alcoholic, if you don't admit you have a problem and are then willing to change, you will continue the downward spiral to your inevitable demise. I think he's lost his way, and now we know full well that his in-game coaching is not the greatest, sometimes even clearly sabotaging kids' efforts to win games.

We're here, by the way, stuck in the throes of a sickeningly embarrassing time for our program, in large part due to his goofy "players first" philosophy and the house of cards on which this program is currently built. Somehow, the emphasis is not where it should be--on team, on winning, on championships.

ffWbAnV.jpg
Needs a this isn't communism button.

I’m not saying a blue blood. But hell, Georgia rolled the dice with Tom Crean. And I’d still take Cal over Tom Crean.
Creamy Crean look good about right now say we could get him cheap and have money left over to pay on Cowturdi’s buy out.

You bring up an interesting point. A lot of people are afraid of losing next year's class if we Cal leaves, but Jack Pilgram brought up the point that the 23 class is not that great and we need to temper expectations for next year. That doesn't sound good.
Everyone keeps complaining that Cal will take his recruits with him. Who cares? People act like guys like Scott Drew or Nate Oats would show up empty handed...as if they wouldn't bring their recruits with them

for next year? He's coaching like and throwing his players under the bus like he's already gone and is trying to get that buyout money, just like Coach Smith when he cashed that million dollar longevity bonus from UK after he'd already agreed to terms with Minnesota.

Where would Cal already be heading if this were the case? Yall got any ideas?
In your theory, wouldn’t he be risking the other school pulling back their offer?

Whew. Honestly, at this point, I can’t say that’s as easy a choice as it once was. If I’m going to lose I want guys that want play hard and a coach that values the program, is traditional, and wants to win. I can go down easier with that than a coach that loses and says he’s headed home to his dogs.

Calipari has disrespected this program and that’s the one thing any coach can control.

Crean would be hard to swallow, but I think I might give him a shot over Calipari right now.

I’m sick of the guy.
I may agree also. Would have to give it consideration. At least it would be change.

No he ain’t leaving until Wagner plays here
You don’t think that Wagner is staying with KY in the absence of cal do you?
0% chance that happens, fire Cal today if DJ is signed UK will let him out of his LOI almost assuredly. Wagner has a spot wherever Cal is going to be.

If he has a job lined up, it has to be Texas. He’s not welcome back to the NBA for obvious reasons, and he’s not retiring with the class he has signed.

This has Memphis to UK 2.0 written all over it. Also, when the Texas job became available, Cal was the first rumor to be dropped, then a couple of expected denials by a couple of participants, and since, nothing. No other candidates mentioned.

Texas has their guy, and he’s currently tanking the current season on the sidelines in Lexington. That has to be what UKOrtho’s source has heard as well. It’s almost too obvious to deny.

You don’t think that Wagner is staying with KY in the absence of cal do you?
0% chance that happens, fire Cal today if DJ is signed UK will let him out of his LOI almost assuredly. Wagner has a spot wherever Cal is going to be.
He ain’t leaving until after next years class, people can stop with the Texas crap, why would Texas want him

Reactions: Zissou87
In your theory, wouldn’t he be risking the other school pulling back their offer?

If he gets himself fired first, at a 40M buyout, whats the risk? He'd be getting 4+ years in money up front. He can then do what he wants. As long as he gets himself fired before the end of the season, the new school wouldn't be on the hook for his buyout.

No AD will pursue him period! He couldn’t win at Kentucky what idiot would think he could win at another College.

I believe there would be smoke and it would come out. I don’t think in this day and age with social media etc you could keep a high profile situation like that quiet for months. But I could be wrong.
There has been smoke then it went quiet real quick with Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT