ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal already have a new job lined up

Wagner may never play a game while nursing a mystery injury. Why would his handlers want him on the court risking injury for nothing? He gains nothing by playing one year for UK.
He will definitely play, because he needs to get better. Next year’s class will have the speed, talent, heart, desire, skill and basketball IQ that we haven’t had since Covid.

That’s what I’m thinking.
Dillingham, I just have a telling in may he will have some out of nowhere eligibility issue or he will somehow magically be able to go to the draft, with bradshaw when there is rumblings of g-league more times than not they go. Our problem will come that they have to go to the portal to get shooters and the portal has been hit and miss for Kentucky

I’m not saying a blue blood. But hell, Georgia rolled the dice with Tom Crean. And I’d still take Cal over Tom Crean.

Whew. Honestly, at this point, I can’t say that’s as easy a choice as it once was. If I’m going to lose I want guys that want play hard and a coach that values the program, is traditional, and wants to win. I can go down easier with that than a coach that loses and says he’s headed home to his dogs.

Calipari has disrespected this program and that’s the one thing any coach can control.

Crean would be hard to swallow, but I think I might give him a shot over Calipari right now.

I’m sick of the guy.

ffWbAnV.jpg
Cleanup in aisle 3.

I don’t know. I doubt it. But there would be some programs willing to roll the dice with him if he really wanted out.
When Cal leaves, I don't think he will want to coach anymore. Continuing to coach is only further damaging his HOF reputation.

Reactions: Girthang and gojvc
He will definitely play, because he needs to get better. Next year’s class will have the speed, talent, heart, desire, skill and basketball IQ that we haven’t had since Covid.
Of all those 6 qualities you mention, whose fault is it for recruiting kids that don't have the ones you listed?

GET BETTER!!!! Have you been watching what goes on at UK? Players don't get better. This place has become Regression City USA. The place where all basketball players' skills die.

for next year? He's coaching like and throwing his players under the bus like he's already gone and is trying to get that buyout money, just like Coach Smith when he cashed that million dollar longevity bonus from UK after he'd already agreed to terms with Minnesota.

Where would Cal already be heading if this were the case? Yall got any ideas?
We can hope

for next year? He's coaching like and throwing his players under the bus like he's already gone and is trying to get that buyout money, just like Coach Smith when he cashed that million dollar longevity bonus from UK after he'd already agreed to terms with Minnesota.

Where would Cal already be heading if this were the case? Yall got any ideas?
Sure seems like it. Just like Lincoln Riley phoned it in at OU after getting the USC job.

Reactions: Girthang
I believe there would be smoke and it would come out. I don’t think in this day and age with social media etc you could keep a high profile situation like that quiet for months. But I could be wrong.

My guess would be a big city, low basketball expectations but big school. A school with history that's been down and can't get much worse. And hate to bring it in, but probably a liberal city. And due to his age, probably warmer climate.
Umass

I fbelieve there would be smoke and it would come out. I don’t think in this day and age with social media etc you could keep a high profile situation like that quiet for months. But I could be wrong.
Cal couldn't keep his mouth closed long enough to keep a secret like that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I hear that Coach Cal has a nice room at Highgrove at Tates Creek retirement home.

We couldn't get SOOOOOO LUCKY!!!

We are STUCK with him for at least 3 more seasons!!!

I don't see ANY boosters pitching in to pay him $45 million to walk away.

Dillingham, I just have a telling in may he will have some out of nowhere eligibility issue or he will somehow magically be able to go to the draft, with bradshaw when there is rumblings of g-league more times than not they go. Our problem will come that they have to go to the portal to get shooters and the portal has been hit and miss for Kentucky

The portal hasn't been a problem for shooters. CAL has been a problem for shooters from the time fall practice starts until they leave or get drafted. Then shooters are fine

• Sad
Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT