ADVERTISEMENT

Do your part and stop going to games

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

I turned down tickets to multiple games this year and last. Everyone needs to do their part to support the future of Kentucky basketball by not supporting the present of Kentucky basketball.

My family had its Christmas gift swap this afternoon before the game. My cousin's wife told us about a lady friend who (along with her husband) have had season tickets for years, used to go to the SEC and NCAA tourneys regularly. They donated quite a bit of money to UK athletics. Her husband still supports the program but, she has abandoned UK altogether. Not only does she now refuse to attend games, she also refuses to watch them on TV and has given a HUGE collection of UK basketball memorabilia. All because she HATES John Calipari and what he has done to the program.
I suspect stories like this one will become more and more common in the near future.
I know several people with the same stance and they’ve been that way for several years now. When mentioned on this board I was basically called a liar and told not many feel that way.
I know more that feel that way than don’t.

Mandrake-Gestures.jpg

[low droning voice] Don't go to the games. Send me your tickets.

people will fill up Rupp as much as they always have. Its Kentucky Basketball

I do believe that protesting outside of Rupp for games will get people's attention

the reality is though

Mitch doesn't want Cal here
Big Donors don't want Cal here

So going/not going isn't going to change the situation, but at least doing *something* to show fan frustration will let them know they can't count on fans unconditional support

All it takes is some dedicated fans, and others will join in

I’d gladly join to protest but I’m miles away in SC
people will fill up Rupp as much as they always have. Its Kentucky Basketball

I do believe that protesting outside of Rupp for games will get people's attention

the reality is though

Mitch doesn't want Cal here
Big Donors don't want Cal here

So going/not going isn't going to change the situation, but at least doing *something* to show fan frustration will let them know they can't count on fans unconditional support

All it takes is some dedicated fans, and others will join in

I’ve brokered a ticket deal with an older octogenarian lady who was sporting a handmade Jon hood jersey that she purchased from a man’s trunk In an applebees parking lot.

there I was, standing outside the Kroger, pondering my latest 24 hour ban when she asked me if I had a cigarette. I offered her a smooth 6mg lip pillow instead and we struck up a convo about the cats.

She said she loved them long time (poor grammar not viet) but she never been to Rupp. Myself, being firmly on the front lines of the boycott told her she could have my tickets in the paradise of section 27 but in exchange I keep all the wares that she knits during the game.

She said she doesn’t know the way of the needles but I assured her there would be plenty of other knitwits who would be happy to teach her the noble craft. Trepidatious at first, she offered a shaky hand in agreement.

Updates to follow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT