ADVERTISEMENT

Do you support the decision to reinstate the UK-IU series?

Do you support the decision to reinstate the UK-IU series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you. So far, I’m right.

And I only got one account to vote with so no cheating lol.

The CHC whined when we weren't playing IU. Now they whine because we are going to play IU.

I don't care who we play. Just beat whomever it is.
There’s only a select group who I’ve ever seen whine about not playing iu. Most people I know, regardless of stance on Cal, didn’t want to bring the series back.

I’d rather play some other team than them, but I guess it was bound to come back eventually. We’ll just have to deal with more iu fans coming over now

Reactions: Ky grandpa and teli
I’m fine with it. Two legendary programs close in distance. Of course we’re way more legendary and their fans were scum out last time there, but I choose to see the positive with this and will enjoy it.
Those POS don't deserve to play UK after that last game. There will never be another game with so much vile actions. And I've seen some bad shit at some away games.

Bullshit, we gain a more interesting and fun schedule for the fans. We add a traditional rivalry game that the fans actually care about instead of just another one of those Vegas neutral site games that are so easily forgotten.

What do we lose by playing them?
The fact that they so desperately want to play us means that it's a greater punishment not to give them what they want. Screw them. There are so many other teams we could play.

I'm surprised Calipari is going back to assembly hall.
For us older guys, the Kentucky - IU rivalry was the best in college basketball especially so when Joe B and Knight were coaching.
It does add a strong opponent to the home schedule.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
we gain nothing by playing IU. I don’t know why they feel so strongly to do this but we dropped them for a reason. Terrible move
What is it that we gain more from playing one team from the next? I see this all the time about how IU don't help us or how it's stupid to play that game, but why? Who is better or who should we be playing that would be so much different or better or worse than than IU? I'm just simply trying to understand.

It's a basketball game between to power 5 schools and we have to play somebody. I rather play IU than Indiana St, Butler or Evansville.

I'm surprised Calipari is going back to assembly hall.
For us older guys, the Kentucky - IU rivalry was the best in college basketball especially so when Joe B and Knight were coaching.
It does add a strong opponent to the home schedule.
Cal won't be going there....UK will be, but Cal won't. This is a very clear clue as to when Cal will move on.

It was a great rivalry when IU was relevant. Right now, I just don't see the benefit for us.

The number of D1 players coming out of Southern Indiana doesn't justify the game. I assume it will get national TV exposure, but only because there is a limit of Power 5 matchups in Dec.

We didn't need to restart this series right now. But I guess some consider this a sacred match up, two bluebloods and longtime rivals. In that context, let's kick their asses 4 straight and maybe they'll want another break after that?

I really don't care about playing them or not playing them. They are an easy "W".
Cal said he would never go back to Assembly Hall though. I would have liked to see him stick to that.

Indiana-Sucks.gif

I still don't understand the distaste. It's a P5 school with whom we share a rivalry tradition.
It will be a fun game. I'm not wild about a four year series, but two would've been plenty.

We still owe them for that BS in 2016 so I'm fine with this.

I still don't understand the distaste. It's a P5 school with whom we share a rivalry tradition.
It will be a fun game. I'm not wild about a four year series, but two would've been plenty.

We still owe them for that BS in 2016 so I'm fine with this.
Then you don't remember what happened last time we went to Assembly Hall.

That was the most disgusting treatment I've ever seen and the administration there did nothing about it.

Imo we should never play there again.

Then you don't remember what happened last time we went to Assembly Hall.

That was the most disgusting treatment I've ever seen and the administration there did nothing about it.

Imo we should never play there again.
I'd agree with the last part. But I have no issues playing them elsewhere.

Bullshit, we gain a more interesting and fun schedule for the fans. We add a traditional rivalry game that the fans actually care about instead of just another one of those Vegas neutral site games that are so easily forgotten.

What do we lose by playing them?
its more about not wanting to give them any exposure or a leg up, especially a prime opponent. Let them suffer in the gutter of irrelevance

There are certain teams that are an embarrassment to even the semiprofessional abomination that is now college basketball. Teams like U6, The Filth (formerly a team in North Carolina), Kansas (Rape and thuggy U) and IU, the outhouse for the most piss poor fans in the world. These teams are beneath UK and other teams across the country. We should refuse to share the court with any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT