ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: The national media has weighed in. Kentucky should be “humbled” by the hiring of Pope. Are you “humbled”?

Are you humbled?

• Yes. I’m humbled

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • No. Still the greatest program of all time

Votes: 199 84.3%

• Total voters
Not humbled. Just surprised.
Seemed to come out of nowhere.
Likable guy, good person, seems sincere.
Hopefully, he’s up to the task.
GO CATS !!!

No, not even slightly.

We didn't get a coach I didn't want anyway, we shot our shot with one I did but knew was damn unlikely but believe in shooting your shot.

We then hired Pope.

I never was under the impression we can get whoever we want because it has literally never been true.
Have we ever had our first choice other than elevating Joe B from within?

Amazon, Apple, and Disney don't get whatever and whoever their heart's desire either and they could buy and sell the NCAA and the NBA as a side project in the hands of some VP that no one cares about even within their organizations.

Mitch didn't even try hard to get a bigger name coach other than like 2 people. UK could have gotten a bigger name coach but chose not to. Now we just wait and see if this gamble pays off.

Was Coach K bigger than dUKe? Was Roy Williams and Dean Smith bigger than UNC? From where I sit, those programs continue to be successful beyond those guys as UK will continue to win and uphold the tradition set by Rupp. They are loyal to Calipari so I totally expect them to defend him.

Yes or no

FCK THE NATIONAL MEDIA. EVERY DAMN DAY.

They sht on us when we're good and sht on us when we're not. Most Kentucky fans are salt of the earth, humble people, so the media once again doesn't have a fckn clue about that which they give opinions. Being humble people is why this program has done so well over the years and THAT my friends us what PISSES those arrogant bastards off.

If you want a good number of people incapable of being humble, try Boston, Bristol, NY, Philly, LA, and DC. THOSE are the people that pay the bills of the national media

• Love
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
It’s not like we ran off a HOT Coach who was making deep tourney runs and winning SEC titles. CAL is a recruiter….. We ran off a great recruiter who can’t Coach.

Was Coach K bigger than dUKe? Was Roy Williams and Dean Smith bigger than UNC? From where I sit, those programs continue to be successful beyond those guys as UK will continue to win and uphold the tradition set by Rupp. They are loyal to Calipari so I totally expect them to defend him.
K is possibly bigger than Duke until at least someone else gets them a title which I hope never happens.

LOL if anyone should be humbled it is CAL. Had to tuck his tail between his legs and go to Arkansas, a program that hasn't been relevant since Nirvana was on the music scene. Embarrassed not once but twice in the tournament by a 14 and 15 seed in the past 3 years, a new all-time low for our glorious program.
Hell those guys aren’t old enough to remember Nirvana (RIP KC)

Reactions: Girthang
I'm humbled by Mitch Barnhart's lack of effort in the coaching search. He's either going to look like a genius or a damn fool here in a couple of years.

Reactions: Mike-D
Mitch didn't even try hard to get a bigger name coach other than like 2 people. UK could have gotten a bigger name coach but chose not to. Now we just wait and see if this gamble pays off.

"Names" don't mean sht.

UL got "name" from the league. Plenty of SEC schools over the years got "names" and they're long gone from those programs. Rupp wasn't a name when he was hired and neither was Hall.

Deal is done. Time to stop the whining bichery until after we see what the new hire can do with this program

Reactions: 1STSergeant
XM said we are no longer a blue blood and a tier below the likes of UNC, Duke, UCONN and Kansas
Need to send the link to the press conference to that broad that said it and tell her to hold this L. Only one place that can do this and that’s the bluest of blue

Reactions: sefus12
How STUPID can the "NATIONAL MEDIA" actually be ... good grief. Never listen to their OPINIONS. Clowns and they know NOTHING about UK.

If one defines stoked about our new coach as humbled, then yes I'm humbled. Otherwise, no.

It is the media that needs humbling but that ain't going to happen. Time for the rest of the nation to find out again what Kentucky Basketball is all about. Helluva showing at Rupp proving how passionate this fan base is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT