ADVERTISEMENT

Do you even watch the draft?

I used to, like the OP, watch the draft years ago when it was kind of fun to see where some guys went or if they would get drafted. Today, I just don't see any excitement in watching it and really don't care much for it at all.

I do not watch NBA games, so I couldn't care less about the draft. Not being critical, I am just not an NBA fan.

Reactions: susan2361
Hell to tha no, nor do I watch one second of an NBA game.

I used to watch the draft with great anticipation. Seeing if Joe Crawford can sneak into the second round, how high will Mashburn go, etc. Now, I can't stand the pomp and circumstance of terrible suits and tables full of clingers. Although it's still fun to see the current " girlfriend " who thinks her life is getting ready to change.
It is not possible for a human being to care less about the NBA draft than me.

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
I'll certainly be watching this year, and I hope Mr. Sharpe is selected in the Top 5! That will make our program look good!!

I don’t hate the draft. The draft doesn’t make me angry. I’m not spiteful towards the NBA . None of those things.

but no I don’t waste my time watching any drafts. I can find out where everyone went when it’s over.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
I used to watch it back when Kentucky had guys that played there for 4 years and then went pro. I was excited for those guys because I felt like I knew them and was invested in them. Haven't had that feeling in a long time and now I don't even think about watching the draft.

. Just look at the ticker after it’s over.
Yep, same here, or get on here to see where the cats (that actually played) were drafted. If you didn’t play here I don’t give a damn (looking at you sharpe). That is the entire extent of my NBA fandom….

I used to watch the draft with great anticipation. Seeing if Joe Crawford can sneak into the second round, how high will Mashburn go, etc. Now, I can't stand the pomp and circumstance of terrible suits and tables full of clingers. Although it's still fun to see the current " girlfriend " who thinks her life is getting ready to change.
No, don't even like to watch an NBA game anymore.

Yes, I watch it. As the parent of a basketball player, it is my night to get "out of the bleachers" and sit at the big round table next to that mom. My son never made it to the NBA, but I can fully appreciate the hard work and sacrifice it took to get to this point. The untold pairs of shoes, the rebounding, the miles on vehicles, the trips to the doctor and the bloody socks, the calloused hands, the psychotherapy- mine was a shooter. Anyway, this family sacrificed, the kid sacrificed, and here he is. He made it, and as a parent it always feels great to connect the effort we preach (and yes, talent) with results.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
I personally love the draft. Just me, it looks like.
Just a bunch of middle aged men who think they are doing something by declaring they don’t like/watch the NBA. You either like the sport of basketball or you don’t. Oh no Lebron gets money from China! Meanwhile their phones and at least half the other products inside their house were made there.

Yes, I watch it. As the parent of a basketball player, it is my night to get "out of the bleachers" and sit at the big round table next to that mom. My son never made it to the NBA, but I can fully appreciate the hard work and sacrifice it took to get to this point. The untold pairs of shoes, the rebounding, the miles on vehicles, the trips to the doctor and the bloody socks, the calloused hands, the psychotherapy- mine was a shooter. Anyway, this family sacrificed, the kid sacrificed, and here he is. He made it, and as a parent it always feels great to connect the effort we preach (and yes, talent) with results.
These guys are somebody’s kid, after all!

All that is good and well, but none of it makes me want to watch the draft.

Just a bunch of middle aged men who think they are doing something by declaring they don’t like/watch the NBA. You either like the sport of basketball or you don’t. Oh no Lebron gets money from China! Meanwhile their phones and at least half the other products inside their house were made there.
A fair assessment, for sure.

I get the feeling that most here just watch Kentucky basketball and the NCAA tournament. If they think the NBA is bad product no way am I buying them watching non Kentucky college games and thinking this is fun to watch .

Reactions: catburglar
03c387c9-3530-412c-970e-1c3e4a388289_text.gif

I love watching basketball. As in, basketball games.

Could not care less about watching the draft. Watching the draft is not watching basketball. I love football as well, don’t watch the NFL draft.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
I love watching basketball. As in, basketball games.

Could not care less about watching the draft. Watching the draft is not watching basketball. I love football as well, don’t watch the NFL draft.
Fair. I was more talking about the ones in this thread who want a trophy for not watching the NBA.

The games themselves aren't even watchable anymore. There's no interest from me in the draft. I pretty much couldn't care less at this point. I might watch a bit of it when Oscar goes, but I barely know any of our players who go to it these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT