ADVERTISEMENT

Do you consider John Wall's NBA career to be a disappointment?

Rough night for my argument for sure LOL
Not to pile on, but if you thought Friday was a bad night for your argument then I hope you aren’t paying attention tonight. JK, I know you’re a Laker fan.

It’s some unreasonable expectations on this board .
Our whole society man.

Guy plays at a HOF level for 8 years then spends 2 years nursing injuries. Most would rather write him off than hope he heals up and improves.

People are invested now in “Day to Davis” and “Street Clothes.” They would rather he fail so they can laugh at him instead of cheer for his success.

ESPN talking heads are the worst. Like somehow they become great by successfully predicting someone else’s failure.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
A little but there's very few PG's that are the man on NBA Championship teams. End of day Wall chose $$$ time and time again over NBA success.

Now Anthony Davis to me.. is the bigger bust. I know he has a NBA Championship but at the time a lot of us felt like he'd be a top 10 player one day. Not the case and seems like his career is already dwindling.
AD a bust? I’ve read some bad takes on this board before but that takes the cake.

Bust. Lol.

Yeah, it’s been a disappointment. Many felt he would be a transcendent player. I know I did. I thought he was a potential generational talent. But that never came to fruition.

He‘s had a good, not great career. He did not establish himself as a top 25 point guard all-time. I felt sure he would be top 10.

Regardless he’s one of my all time faves.
Who thought that?
He could not shoot. Was quite obvious he would not be “transcendent”.

Lol the fact that I need to keep explaining myself is hilarious. You posters have such a narrow view point of the word "bust" like omg DraftCat he's made 8 allstar teams how can you call AD a bust.

Perhaps we shouldn't use the word bust... lets call it more of a disappointment. In my eyes AD was going to be top 10 a generational player that will be our "MJ"

Unfortunately I do not believe AD will reach the standards that I thought he'd achieve. Hampered by injuries and lack of team success.

If I have to explain further you either have your blue glasses on or aren't willing to listen.

Lol the fact that I need to keep explaining myself is hilarious. You posters have such a narrow view point of the word "bust" like omg DraftCat he's made 8 allstar teams how can you call AD a bust.

Perhaps we shouldn't use the word bust... lets call it more of a disappointment. In my eyes AD was going to be top 10 a generational player that will be our "MJ"

Unfortunately I do not believe AD will reach the standards that I thought he'd achieve. Hampered by injuries and lack of team success.

If I have to explain further you either have your blue glasses on or aren't willing to listen.

Expecting a player to be this generation's Jordan is all but setting him up for failure. Bust is certainly the wrong word and I'm sure you're finding these responses redundant at this time. I think a better discussion would be about AD's legacy and how he will be remembered once his playing days are over. Especially for those of us UK fans who were fortunate enough to watch him in 2012.

Expecting a player to be this generation's Jordan is all but setting him up for failure. Bust is certainly the wrong word and I'm sure you're finding these responses redundant at this time. I think a better discussion would be about AD's legacy and how he will be remembered once his playing days are over. Especially for those of us UK fans who were fortunate enough to watch him in 2012.

It is what it is... it's how I felt at the time when he left UK. Perhaps I did set myself up for failure in my eyes only. However he's the only basketball player I've ever felt that way about.

Injuries (can't predict those) and shooting woes kept him from being a legend but he has had a very good career in so many ways. No failure in my book.

Houston paid him not to play.

How is that Wall's fault? Franchises have some really strange ways of making sense to the average ticket buyer.

- Paying players not to dress.
- Giving guys days off when completely healthy.

Tell that to any player that played before and during the Jordan era. You would never hear this type of nonsense.
I point to Popovich for making this the norm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT