J. Edwards < A. Thiero
T. Mitchell > K. Knox
U. Onyenso < J. Aidoo

Bench:
R. Sheppard > Boogie Fland
R. Dillingham > Billy Richmond

Z. Ivisic < Z. Ivisic
A. Bradshaw = Billy Richmond

Arkansas hasn't landed a PG yet. If Wagner goes to Arkansas, UK's PGs, Butler and Kriisa are pretty much the same or better than him in every metric.

Arkansas hasn't landed a PF yet. As long as they don't land JT Toppin or Owusu-Anane, Kentucky has the better PF than Arkansas in Andrew Carr.

At SG, Arkansas's Davis has a better PER than Brea, but Brea was the best 3pt shooter in college basketball last year, filling a specific role for this UK team. Davis may be the all-around better player, but Brea fits within a system designed for him to thrive.

At SF, Adou Thiero is better than Otega Oweh in certain metrics, but Otega Oweh was the #1 defensive SF in the portal. It seems that he was also chosen for a specific purpose.

At C, Kentucky wins. Amari Williams was the #2 overall defensive C in the portal, had a higher PER than Aidoo or Ivisic, and was only slightly behind Aidoo in Offensive efficiency.

That said, I think both teams will be good. It seems like Pope's choices were very precise, putting together the pieces for a successful system. Calipari, as always, has gone after the best athletes. We'll see who has the better year one.
I like the breakdown. +1. Also, to add to that one of these coaches is very technical and deliberate with play calling and defense and utilize players strengths. The other I won’t character bash.

I edited out the gaslighting/bullshit from your post and stand by my statement. Under virtually any other half way decent coach, the trio of Sheppard, Dillingham, and Reeves was as good any any backcourt in the country.

Cal's master plan in the Oakland game was to feed the post. There is no explanation for his game plan whatsoever that makes sense other than "University of Calipari."
There is. Kampe went on radio and said UK couldn't beat them in the post. Lol, he fooled Calipari, bad.

DJ Wagner turned 19 on Derby Day.
He was the youngest player on the team this past season.
My guess is he is still maturing as a player and feels like he has a lot to prove.

Arkansas is going to be good. Like competing for the SEC title good. I've thought this from the moment Cal left and continue to believe it.

It is going to be a tough pill for some to swallow.
They might be very good. Then again, we thought UK would be very good the last 3 seasons. And at times they looked pretty good. But when crunch time came every season, Calipari's teams choked. Calipari's teams have won 1 total post-season game since 2020. There is no way around it. Bottom line, if Arkansas has a great season and doesn't choke in the post-season, it will be a surprise. The toughest pill should be for Calipari. What the heck happened to end his time at UK? How did he let a team with 2 NBA lottery picks not win a single post-season game? And how did he manage to take a team as talented as UK was in 2023-24 to a 10-loss season? He should be doing some serious self-reflection. But what about UK fans? Should they be second guessing themselves right now? If Calipari turns things around and has a good season at Arkansas, should UK fans blame themselves? No and no. UK fans are right to want Cal gone. They are right to call the results from 2021-24 completely unacceptable. If Cal gets back his mojo at Arkansas, does that mean he would have found it at UK, ever again? Not necessarily.

There is. Kampe went on radio and said UK couldn't beat them in the post. Lol, he fooled Calipari, bad.
I have no idea what actually happened behind the scenes, but that is mind numbingly stupid enough for it to have actually been the case. Our team was completely unprepared despite having plenty of time to review tape and come up with something.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He’s one that you can’t really tell anything.

He’s convinced that Cal is still a great basketball coach and that UK is screwed without him. You know….one of those people that thinks Kentuckys basketball program started around 2008, 2009.
Except I've been on this board since 2006 so.....

• Haha
DJ will be much inproved this year on his shooting and running a team

I don't know about shooting, but he will be improved for sure. People forget he was very young for his class. Of course that should've been considered when ranking him, etc but that's old news now.

Reactions: megablue
I
We couldnt even compete for the top spot last year with more talent than Cal has at puss ass Akransas and did jack shit with it in the tournament beyond the SEC title. What makes anyone worried about an inferior team at an inferior school doing more?
Who's worried?

Wagner probably was waiting to finish up with classes. Don’t give the previous coach too much credit here.

Reactions: KFuqua
Do they have the shooters? Who’s gonna be the Antonio Reeves, Reed Sheppard or Rob Dillingham? You can out-athlete everybody but if you can’t put the ball in the hole consistently, you won’t go very deep in the tourney.
No Welch and No Antigua either…… They replaced both of them with 2 yes men….. Brad and Kenny Payne.

Reactions: TM2013
Next season will be Cal’s best at Arkansas. He has a roster made up of mostly players that were recruited to Kentucky.
When he is recruiting to Arkansas, in his late sixties with his antiquated methods and the same assistants, he wont last much longer
So by your logic these kids that just committed to Arkansas will be his best class because they were players recruited to Kentucky ? The same kids that asked for the release of their NLI and or hit the transfer Portal from Kentucky and are now going to Arkansas . You may want to also take a look at who Cal has visiting from the 25 class already . Cal was and is the brand . The difference is Arkansas understands this .

Arkansas will in fact be very good. Anyone that thinks so is not an automatic “Cal thumper”.
Big time reach. They have horrible shooting and only 2 proven college players. They might end up good but they need several more legit players before that is a given. Our roster would grind them into a pulp 10 out of 10 times as is.

Reactions: KFuqua
If Vonger goes through with it who does not start between Davis, Fland and Wagner? Wonder why all those former AR players did not want to play for a hall of fame coach? Would think a couple would have jumped at a chance. Did their star ranking effect them?

So by your logic these kids that just committed to Arkansas will be his best class because they were players recruited to Kentucky ? The same kids that asked for the release of their NLI and or hit the transfer Portal from Kentucky and are now going to Arkansas . You may want to also take a look at who Cal has visiting from the 25 class already . Cal was and is the brand . The difference is Arkansas understands this .
This best class ever at Arkansas is one of Cal’s weakest at Kentucky. A coach whose results were not up to Kentucky standards becomes the greatest coach ever hired at Arkansas.
Players that were part of a team that had 4 NBA draftees and lost 10 games are the greatest portal adds in Arkansas history.
Kentucky is the winningest and most important program in college basketball and Arkansas’s brand is John Calipari.

Reactions: BigBlueGoo2
Just read where DJ is visiting Florida too. Not sure if it’s been brought up yet.

“Florida will reportedly be getting a visit by one of the highest profile remaining players in the transfer portal–Kentucky’s DJ Wagner”

Reported on Gator Country

Last edited:
All this proves, to those who are listening, is that these dips who go back to Calipari after the way he coached them the last time, only care about one thing: getting to the NBA. They DO NOT CARE about winning titles at the college level. I don't want them here, period.
Your right and by March what are they thinking about,a title or the pay day around the corner.Im guess the pay day.

Reactions: NociHTTP
This best class ever at Arkansas is one of Cal’s weakest at Kentucky. A coach whose results were not up to Kentucky standards becomes the greatest coach ever hired at Arkansas.
Players that were part of a team that had 4 NBA draftees and lost 10 games are the greatest portal adds in Arkansas history.
Kentucky is the winningest and most important program in college basketball and Arkansas’s brand is John Calipari.
Then why didn't those players that were committed to and or that were on the roster at Kentucky stay ? The amount of delusion that comes from some on here is truly astonishing . World Wide Wes is who set up the Machine with Cal and he just took it to Kentucky . Now the Machine is Cal and he has moved to Arkansas . Doesn't mean he is the best coach but when it comes rosters .... Get used Arkansas having the top talent !

Then why didn't those players that were committed to and or that were on the roster at Kentucky stay ? The amount of delusion that comes from some on here is truly astonishing . World Wide Wes is who set up the Machine with Cal and he just took it to Kentucky . Now the Machine is Cal and he has moved to Arkansas . Doesn't mean he is the best coach but when it comes rosters .... Get used Arkansas having the top talent !
What good is top talent it you don't win with it? Preseason championships will be coming to Arkansas that is for sure. And top talent? Lol, Cal hasn't landed a single composite top 5 or top 3 player in years. His only one since 2017 has been Shaedon Sharpe. Who never played a game. Talk about delusional takes. Saying Wes made Cal. But all of a sudden Cal is the machine himself? But I thought it was WWW?

We fell into the top talent trap for years and thought we couldn't give that part up. It's two fold. You have all this young talent that is too young and too weak to do anything once they play older and better coached teams. And second, the coach is a terrible strategy coach. Can never adjust, plays the same way all the time. And third, his number 1 focus is getting his 5 stars to the pro's in one year if possible. All that just totally overwhelms any advantage of having top ranked classes.

Reactions: NociHTTP and KFuqua
What good is top talent it you don't win with it? Preseason championships will be coming to Arkansas that is for sure. And top talent? Lol, Cal hasn't landed a single composite top 5 or top 3 player in years. His only one since 2017 has been Shaedon Sharpe. Who never played a game. Talk about delusional takes. Saying Wes made Cal. But all of a sudden Cal is the machine himself? But I thought it was WWW?
I clearly said it doesn't mean he is the best coach (even though he is much better than Cat fans think) . I was replying to a thread that said the only reason Arkansas was going to have a good roster is because the kids were recruited originally to Kentucky . That doesn't hold water if those same kids are now on their way to Arkansas . They very easily could have stayed at the "Kentucky" brand but they didn't .

Which is it Arkansas will get pre season championships or are they not getting top talent ? And yes WWW started the Cal train all the way back at Memphis and even though WWW is not involved anymore the machine is built . Keep and eye on Acuff and Dybantsa .

Kentucky is Kentucky and will always get talent but what came through the last 15 years was on another level and that level was Cal whether cat fans want to recognize that or not . The rest of the country has always know that .

Cal is a HOF and national championship winning coach. He will be 66 before the next NCAA tournament and his best days are well behind him. He has the same group of tired yes men assistants. I can’t see him lasting any more than 3 seasons at Arkansas

I can envision a lot of top brass at UK standing behind a corner grinning and sniggering when AR went for the bait. Cal would have to change his top priority at AR for him to get on a more level playing field with other coaches.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I clearly said it doesn't mean he is the best coach (even though he is much better than Cat fans think) . I was replying to a thread that said the only reason Arkansas was going to have a good roster is because the kids were recruited originally to Kentucky . That doesn't hold water if those same kids are now on their way to Arkansas . They very easily could have stayed at the "Kentucky" brand but they didn't .

Which is it Arkansas will get pre season championships or are they not getting top talent ? And yes WWW started the Cal train all the way back at Memphis and even though WWW is not involved anymore the machine is built . Keep and eye on Acuff and Dybantsa .

Kentucky is Kentucky and will always get talent but what came through the last 15 years was on another level and that level was Cal whether cat fans want to recognize that or not . The rest of the country has always know that .
Cal doesn't get elite top 5 composite players. He gets fringe top 20 25 guys. Like Knox and Richmond and Fland. I said you'll be preseason Champs because the polls will rank you high preseason and you'll hype all these middling freshmen up as John Wall and Anthony Davis. Then reality will hit.

Reactions: catben

Hey dipshit nobody cares about recruiting rankings or bringing in players when the coach has no idea what to do with them. Kentucky is one of only 3 schools in the last five years to be ranked in the top 10 every year, and that’s because we’re always ranked in the top ten in the beginning of the year because we always have an obscenely stacked roster. Half the NBA All Star team and hasnt even been a one seed in 10 years. Musselman has 4 times as many SEC conference and NCAA wins in the last 3 years with half the talent. We won 1 game in the NCAA in the last FIVE years. That’s bad even for Arkansas. Enjoy the talent, he’s a shit coach.

Cal is a HOF and national championship winning coach. He will be 66 before the next NCAA tournament and his best days are well behind him. He has the same group of tired yes men assistants. I can’t see him lasting any more than 3 seasons at Arkansas
I don't have grand illusions of him being there more than 5 years tops . Nor am i expecting him to make deep tournament runs every year . I do expect him to have top classes every year , get to the tournament and whatever happens from there happens .

Hey dipshit nobody cares about recruiting rankings or bringing in players when the coach has no idea what to do with them. Kentucky is one of only 3 schools in the last five years to be ranked in the top 10 every year, and that’s because we’re always ranked in the top ten in the beginning of the year because we always have an obscenely stacked roster. Half the NBA All Star team and hasnt even been a one seed in 10 years. Musselman has 4 times as many SEC conference and NCAA wins in the last 3 years with half the talent. We won 1 game in the NCAA in the last FIVE years. That’s bad even for Arkansas. Enjoy the talent, he’s a shit coach.
Seems he was a much better coach when Kenny Payne was on his staff …. Guess we will find out

Dipshit … that was funny

Tell your mom I said hi.

Bed Pig GIF

I think it’s more political for you after looking at some of your old posts. Can you even say Pope’s last name without turning green? Imagine Cal sitting down to dinner with Governer Sarah Huckabee. LOL! What a hoot.
Political in what way?

what old posts? Please put them here.

I politically don't align with Cal AT ALL.

Based on shared religious beliefs I bet I am a lot more politically aligned with Pope.

I love Pope, he was on my favorite UK teams. My avatar is Cameron Mills from those teams.

As for politics. I think both parties are complete garbage and will never come help you out when in need. They don't care about me, I don't care about them.

Here's the thing you can't wrap your mind around. I don't care AT ALL about political affiliation. I can like people who are democrats and republicans and then vote for neither.

I don't think the coach or players of the University of Kentucky or any publically funded university should do fundraisers for democrats or republicans as official representatives of the school (in uniform, etc.). They can support whoever they want on their own time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT