ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Jeffries visiting Ole Miss and Miss State

Have fun watching football while nobody but the mosquitoes in Mississippi watch you. I can see now why UK's coaches told him and his daddy to hit the road after decommiting out of fear of the competition or just to get some extra attention.
th

Last edited:
Thats a hard fall from a blue blood commit to looking at teams that don't even make the NCAAT. Does he have a fetish for schools that start with M?

all this kid Is doing is blowing smoke, he is just visiting to say hey look I had so and so after me also, not just Memphis and if I was a coach at either one of those other schools I wouldn't waste my time with a visit. I would tell him no thanks just stay at home and talk to penny, we have other kids more serious than you just coming in here for a vacation.

Why are others schools allowing themselves to be played? Geez aren't there other recruits available? i do realize this may be the schools involved's top recruit but dang....

Apparently Watford is their A-list recruit at that position.
And that's likely why he ends up at one of the Mississippi schools. He apparently doesn't want competition and he wants promises for PT. He didn't get either wish at UK, which is why he decided to de-commit. But here is the question: if you think you're a great player and you're confident in your ability, why be afraid of a little competition? In fact, if you realize it's a team game and it's about more than just one guy, why wouldn't you want to be surrounded with talented players?

Now, people talk about UK players only having an eye on the NBA and there is some truth to that at times with some of our players, but if you come to UK you are coming in knowing that we play as a team and for each other- and everyone benefits. But when I see a kid who does things like this, I see someone who wants to be the only show in town and thinks the team is his. That's a problem. I hope I'm wrong about this kid, but the comments from his dad make me think this is the case. If so, we may become more and more happy he moved on as time passes.

all this kid Is doing is blowing smoke, he is just visiting to say hey look I had so and so after me also, not just Memphis and if I was a coach at either one of those other schools I wouldn't waste my time with a visit. I would tell him no thanks just stay at home and talk to penny, we have other kids more serious than you just coming in here for a vacation.
He seems to blow a lot of things.

He’s going to Memphis if he can make it work.

Penny has encouraged him to go ahead and take visits early. Penny has his circle in the palm of his hand.

Side note on Penny- if he doesn’t have success on the court this recruiting prowlice will be just a cycle or two. He’s in a perfect storm right now.

He’s going to get these Top 50 guys with ease right now. The elite blue chip guys are much harder of the sell. Until he lands one, I think I would bet on UK in a matchup.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
DJ committed thinking Penny was gonna be an assistant coach here, (supposively)
Now, doesn't want Penny to be in trouble so has to look at other schools to avoid Penny getting a "tampering" call against him. Or DJ is now checking out Miss schools to visit friends...
We upgraded getting a more perimeter homegrown player and a star in the making 5 star in Whitney.
UK wins this one

Have fun watching football while nobody but the mosquitoes in Mississippi watch you. I can see now why UK's coaches told him and his daddy to hit the road after decommiting out of fear of the competition or just to get some extra attention.
th

How you been

The irony in this post and the response is rich. How ya been Sam?

Reactions: sambowieshin
while it would be hilarious - and I would definitely get the giggles - I believe these "visits" are just for show.
Agree Bev. I firmly believe Penny old him to take these visits to Ole Miss and MS. He's going to Memphis and everyone knows it; this is very unprofessional, IMO.

Nevertheless, UK actually came out ahead by signing not one, but two players better than him at his position. The kid is a good player, but he didn't want to have to earn his spot and playing time.

Reactions: Bkocats
No way man. By his own accounts he’ll be a one and done remember?

Hilarious. He reminds me of a Romero Osby type. Big tweener without the athleticism of a Poythress to save him from the eternal fires of the G-League.

Andrew Slater put in a Crystal Ball pick for Miss St. Watford is Memphis’s top target at the wing. I wonder how Jeffries feels about not being Penny’s top choice? Bet he sees the writing on the wall already.

He’s going to Memphis if he can make it work.

Penny has encouraged him to go ahead and take visits early. Penny has his circle in the palm of his hand.

Side note on Penny- if he doesn’t have success on the court this recruiting prowlice will be just a cycle or two. He’s in a perfect storm right now.

He’s going to get these Top 50 guys with ease right now. The elite blue chip guys are much harder of the sell. Until he lands one, I think I would bet on UK in a matchup.

Him wanting to go to Memphis and Penny being the ring leader has been pretty common knowledge to many for awhile now.

That being said, we upgraded when he decomitted so it actually worked out better for UK.

Honestly, I hope the boy does good, somewhere. He thought he was a big fish, and is starting g to learn about the real world . When my granddaughter doesn't listen to me I tell her, "life isn't the best teacher you'll ever have, but it will be the toughest."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT