ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing season?

I'm not too terribly disappointed. Certainly, Losing Mizzou and USC jr. should not have happened.

When the schedule came out I predicted 9-3 or 8-4 with 8-4 being the most likely outcome because we always seem to drop one that we should not...this season it was two and had the chance to still beat Tennessee.

I did expect losses to UGA, Bama & UT. Bama and UGA even when they "struggle" are still elite. They have 5 Star players on their benches.

UGA barring a collapse should win the Natty against Michigan in January. They will beat Bama by 17-21 points in Atlanta.

We played 5 teams in the top 25... #1 UGA, #8 Bama, #11 Mizzou, #15 UT and #10 Louisville. That's a hell of a schedule.

Losing at home by 6 to Tennessee and losing by 3 on the road to SC made it a disappointing season. Needed at least one of those games for a successful season 8-4 or better.
Yeah, agree completely. 7-5 is disappointing, the floor has been raised, expectations are higher now, and that is ok, a good thing for UK football. 8-4 would have been a good yr, 9-3 great, 10-2 we would be making statues of every coach & player.

Like last yr, I think 7-5 is disappointing and not acceptable to Stoops as well. & he will make changes and do stuff differently in 2024 to try and improve.

What gets me is if we had stayed focused and cut out the stupid penalties like we did today we probably win the SC, UT, and probably the Mizzou games.
UK only had 4 penalties for 21 yards against UT. Penalties weren't the problem in that game.

UK's piss poor diarrhea defense cost them the TN game. That plus UK's players/coaches go brain dead at the sight of orange.
Yes, I think UK's inability to run the ball, and the UK defense's inability to get off the field in the 4th quarter were the differences.

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT